ISS Roster

Jerold Keenan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Receiving Incoming Transmission---

Attention ISS Commander's

Alright, seeing that i'm the official Roster-Man, I need to know what everyones ship is so I can make the changes...

Check the roster to see what class your allowed, then check back here when you've decided the type...

By the way, Epsilon five... what is your ship type and which station is your launch base, Orion? I've got you in the Roster as the wing leader of Destrier Lucky for you, you get whatever ship class you and your superiors see fit.

I'll add Commander Rip to the roster shortly as well, PLEASE! Could people get back to me quickly about the type of ship they've chosen... I want to put all the ship types in quickly and then give the roster to DeSylva and Jamont to put on the site! *sigh* Unfortunatly, I haven't a clue how to put it up myself...

That is all people, Commander Keenan out.

---Transmission Ends---

Whould you like to here it again?

quote:

Originally posted by buckthesystem:

I second that motion! firestorm all the way. It's slow, but so is a tank and thats what the firestorm is, an uber tank. and you can't go wrong with 8 super fighters.

Heh heh, yeah. Now while i'm posting on this forum...

WILL THE FOLLOWING COMMANDERS PLEASE! GIVE ME THEIR SHIP TYPE CHOISES?!?!

[*]Harrison Salisbury

[*]Melcar DeVaal

[*]Paul Brown

[*]Jared Denarim

[*]Commander Rip

Thanks for your time people.

P.S. Reiner, check your private messages.

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

quote:

As far as ship assignments are concerned, if there is a slot for a Super Carrier in your Fleet Group, and you want it - request it. If there isn't - bad luck. and remember, many assignments will change as our numbers increase - for multiplayer I want assignments to the Fleet Groups based on time zones.

Whats all this about then? Taken straight from here

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ask a simple question, and get an answer that is to complex to comprehend... *sigh*.

--------------------

Seems to be the case.

I'll take a Mk III just to be safe. I use a Firestorm in my campaign, but agree we don't everyone commanding Super Carriers. At least in Intel it doesn't matter much. I'd take a Cruiser if you could cloak to da*n things. I don't plan on engaging in to many toe to toe battles!

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Rip ]

As I've mentioned in another post, Starions at this point in time have been restricted by DeSylva... Only Wing Leaders and higher can use them at the moment, but all the Wing Leaders are using Firestorms anyway... hehehe.

Don't feel to bad your not the only one who wants a Starion and can't get one, Jacen wants one two, you know how it is... supply and demand. Well according to DeSylva we don't have the supplies to meet the demand... and so far, we have only two Starions in the whole bloody fleet: Jamont's and Ristar's.

HEY DESYLVA! Would it be possible to have a couple Starions in Intelcom? Right now, we're outnumbered by Defence Command a little over 2:1... and half their number are bloody Firestorms... hehehe . I think it would be a little fairer if CIOPS were given, at least for now a number of Starions we could award to members who prove themselves worthy, lets say three or so? That way, even though we're fewer in number... we have technology good enough to do our job well.

Btw, fix your signature... the proper link to the CIOPS animated logo is here:

http://www.hivemedia.co.za/images/ciops_web.gif

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

Was that for me? Is Starion another name for the Mk3? If so I don't see what the big deal about them is. I guess I'll have to give it some more thought, because the remaining options I've never flown before.

A yeah, sort of... ummm... Yes the mk 1 2 and 3 battlecruiser all have alternate names:

Constellation - Mk I

Galactan - Mk II

Starion - Mk III

I've listed you as a Starion in the roster... for now... it depends how DeSylva reacts to my request, but still, I don't see what all the fuss about starions is either, yeah their new, but their nothing really special!

Ok, could someone upload the new Roster page I've put up at the insystemsupport yahoo group?

thanks.

ok, They seem to me to be designed as a fast stealthy carrier. Ideal for Intel. Extra cloaking fuel and all. Most of the other heavy carriers strengths are directly battle related. Hopefully not of a much use to me.

I come from a submarine background and hope to play stealthy and chose my battles and do so sparingly. I should be letting you guys know where to get your shuttle to tow those Firestorms to

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Rip ]

If it ends up I can't have a Starion, then I'm leaning towards a Nightstar. What does everyone think? I don't see many of them, but it seems to favor my approach. Am I missing a glaring weakness, or does no one choose it just because it's ugly?

quote:

Originally posted by Rip:

If it ends up I can't have a Starion, then I'm leaning towards a Nightstar. What does everyone think? I don't see many of them, but it seems to favor my approach. Am I missing a glaring weakness, or does no one choose it just because it's ugly?

Who knows? test it out, then report back with your results. Actually, I don't think it's ugly myself... Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.

Super Carriers will be grantd to experienced or higher ranking members of the Fleet. As was quoted above, if there is a slaot for a super Carrier in your assigned Flight Group, then you may have a Super Carrier. If there are only Carriers left, you get a carrier. The same for cruisers, etc.

It is important that we have the number of Super Carrier class ships that are allowed for on the roster. These ships are advance deployed ships that can function indpendently from GalCOM loyalist forces for a lonf period of time wiuthout resupply, and the higher numbers of fighters they carry are essential to the structure of the fleet, allowing Fleet Groups to be flexible in their deployment. Essentially, every Super Carrier, as well as being a massive ar machine, also doubles as an ISS/GalCOM base of operations in allied and hostile territory.

As far as Intelcom members are concerned - they may choose any ship but try not to issue too many Mk 3s, Jerold - as you know, they are experimental ships and should not be too prolific amongst our mmbers.

Okay - put me down for a Firestorm.

-GD

Hey Eihort, I suggest you choose what fighter your going to have! Right now your listed as a Heavy Fighter-class.

Could Paul Brown and Salisbury choose their ships already?

P.S. DeSylva, could you upload the new roster i'll put it on the insystemsupport yahoo group in a sec.

thanks