Information

Portree

NO DON'T JOIN ISS!!! Be an indie!!!

We are just using their irc channel.

More information can be found on the celebrations thread in the BCM fun stuff section.

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

Hehe welcome aboard. You can use the Misc Fleet as your playground by the way. If not just use the irc chat for BCM. If you have any questions, just contact me ,Jeff or Riga. Cya soon.

*ironic ain't it guys me recruiting in your site.

An official 'miscellaneous fleet' does not exist, Fendi. You know that. And they need to be official to exist. It's either the terrans with (twinkling star)Prime(twinkling star), ISS, Orion, Wraith and Earthcom. The insurgents with their *censored*, *censored*, *censored* and *censored* fleets. And then there are those pathetic Gammies. Indies are indies, independant. Forsaken from any kind of political support. And a corporation is not a fleet. Don't give newbies the wrong impression, please.

quote:

Rico posted on 12-25-2001

An official 'miscellaneous fleet' does not exist, Fendi. You know that. And they need to be official to exist. It's either the terrans with (twinkling star)Prime(twinkling star), ISS, Orion, Wraith and Earthcom. The insurgents with their *censored*, *censored*, *censored* and *censored* fleets. And then there are those pathetic Gammies. Indies are indies, independant. Forsaken from any kind of political support. And a corporation is not a fleet. Don't give newbies the wrong impression, please.

**Cough** Excuse me, while what you say is essentially true, you seem to have forgetten one little detail.

Riga, myself and a couple of others are in the process of establishing Intercorp Unlimited a corporation catering all UCVs, assuming Tacops or the SC have the chance to read my email and profile.Hint, hint

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Jeffery Eu:

BTW Fendi, are you recruiting for ISS or Intercorp?

Hehe what do you think? By the way we better stop posting here or the mods might get a bit funny with us.

Anyway mods, can you move this please? Thanks

Hey, don't hijack this thread and smuggle it over to the misc forum. Ari asked about ISS and it's intensions. Not you nitwits! It should stay here. Even if it was a miss-direction by Fendi in the first place. It still was Ari's conscious decision to post here.

quote:

**Cough** Excuse me, while what you say is essentially true, you seem to have forgetten one little detail.

Riga, myself and a couple of others are in the process of establishing Intercorp Unlimited a corporation catering all UCVs, assuming Tacops or the SC have the chance to read my email and profile.Hint, hint

What detail? That's why I said political support. If you guys want to have support you need to ask very very very nicely , or find it amongst yourselves (indies). Which you also need to ask very very nicely. As independants are not obligated to help eachother out, unless under contract. Wake up from that dream fellas.

Ok, now let's give the mike back to Ari again. And get this topic back on track.

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

Hello All, I have been watching this, trying to get some information. I believe I understand the indies, but not the ISS mission. I have read many of the posts, but am still looking for some definitive information. A few have asked me to send them a private post, and it is on my agenda, unfortunately time during the holiday season is of short supply. Thank you all for being so willing to help. I appreciate it. Talk to you all soon.

Ari

In-System Support Fleet:

The ISS Flee's provides a multi-racial defensive network within GalCOM territories, and trys to coordinates intelligence and espionage activities between GalCOM forces.

The ISS Fleet is divided into two Commands. The Defence Command consists of a number of wings which form a flexible defensive network throughout the home systems of GalCOM member nations. The Intelligence and Espionage Command coordinates intelligence and espionage activities on behalf of GalCOM throughout the known galaxy, and also operates Central Intelligence OPerationS (CIOPS).

In short:

ISS Fleet Mission

1. To follow all GalCOM directives.

2. To provide a security and early warning network for GalCOM Nations, and to respond in force to invasion or threat of invasion.

3. To coordinate intelligence and espionage activities within GalCOM.

That enough info for you? Hehehe

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

It isn't classified, heh heh... And the answer is Fleet Commander Ristar...

I'm not sure if he's also my boss, being a Fleet Commander and all, I also don't know whether I'm his boss or we're equal... this command structure is a little confusing:

See, I'm head of Intelligence Command: That is, Flight Group Chimaera and CIOPS

And all the flight groups and CIOPS have their own individual wing leaders, and Ristar is the CIOPS Director (Wing Leader)... so he's above me, and he's also below me... I think I remember DeSylva once said that the real reason he put a Psychotic BBQ sauce-aholic in charge of IntelCOM was because i'm more active than Ristar (He's barely ever around).

Anyways, if you want more info on CIOPS and how they operate, you'll have to ask Ristar... it's his baby.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

CIOPs is semi-autonomous. In the command structure, it is only placed under Intelligence Command for convenience. In reality, it is wholly outside the command structure. Commander Ristar answers to the ISS Fleet Commander (ie. me) and Galactic Command Fleet Command only - the rest of the ISS chain of command does not apply to him.

And as Ristar is a Fleet Commander too, he outranks you, Jerold, sorry...*grin*.

Ari - thanks for your interest. The ISS Fleet website is at http://www.extreemgaaf.com/~crazyfxp/iss/ - it contains more information about the ISS and it's missions. It also contains the Join form. Feel free to apply.

and in answer to your question - multiplayer is the "big unknown".... We don't really know how CIOPs will operate in the Multiplayer arena - it is more a role-playing part of our fleet. The multiplaying section of the fleet is the ISS's Defence Command, consisting of a number of Fleet GRoups that form a first-line defensive nbetwork amongst the home systems of Galactic Command - these are Sol, Alpha Centauri, and Omicron Eridani. But for more information, see the website. Any queries, email [email protected], and one of our command staff will respond to you ASAP.

-GD

quote:

Originally posted by DeSylva:

CIOPs is semi-autonomous. In the command structure, it is only placed under Intelligence Command for convenience. In reality, it is wholly outside the command structure. Commander Ristar answers to the ISS Fleet Commander (ie. me) and Galactic Command Fleet Command only - the rest of the ISS chain of command does not apply to him.

I thought it was something like that.