Fluxgames.com ISS

Commander Jamont

I was thinking red and black, like the last one, or maybe red, black and yellow. OK, I have a new logo for the fleet and have dug up my old artistic wing logos (not sure if They'll meet your approval, or if it's an improvement on the current one.) Do you want me to email it to you or use my own webspace and post it here for all to look at and decide?

OK, in between posting and Jamont's reply, I have put my work up in my ship's website, which is up again and streamlined after a long abscence (the link is in my sig, the link to the logos is at the bottom of the welcome page) All logos can be modified (moved around, colours changed) without any real difficulty as people see fit. I still prefer the original logo, but it's up to you all.

Could be better. Had a big rethink. I like this set a lot more. (Same location, most of the pictures have changed, even ones where the title hasn't.)

We need some decisions (about which fleet logo (3 or 4) and which Defence wing logo (the font change is for readability, but maybe that's not so necessary (or such a big difference) and I think the original font looks better. I do have an animated version of the Defence Wing logo somewhere, but It'd take a bit of work to put it together (and maybe not necessary, since none of the other logos are animated)). Also if you want this Intel logo or the previous one (I still have it but not on-line.) I also have larger versions of the pics only listed in their smaller size.

As soon as you have decided which pics you want, I will take them down to give me room to expand my ship's website, or maybe I'll keep them up for a while (since I still have about a megabyte of space left) but they definitely won't be there permanently.

[ 06-04-2004, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

Hey Jamont, I've put up a few of those phpnuke boards you're working with, see this site for an example or something I'm working on that's UC related.

If you need help configuring it or finding graphics, let me know, I can probably give you some good pointers since it's the second site I've setup with this software (the first was the root to that site that I use to support my classes).

OK, so you can have forums, fleet info, member listings/bios, rp archives (probably best not to create our own new rp threads there, better to do them here to draw in new members and show the rest of the community that we're not dead yet Also mp stats (shooting myself in the foot here, I'm unable to mp) Anything else you want in there? With the logos I did, you can change the background colour to whatever you want.

Decide what you want to include, then we can look at the best way to organise it, then decide on an overall look (graphical buttons or special fonts, colours etc.)

Sound like a good plan, or am I misunderstanding you?

OK, so what goes in and what doesn't?

Someone had bios for most of our old members, I think it was Keenan. Don't happen to have a copy of those, do you?

I do... somewhere

I had been working on a roster with bio links for each member but I never finished it, its done in html but the info is still there, I'll mail all the old site stuff including the roster and member bio's to the FC, hopefully he can make some use of them...

[Edit] Gawd damn, my computers a freakin mess... I've got files I made from the early bloody nineties... 80 gigs of useless I need to wipe some of this stuff, or at least transfer it to disk... it's going to take a week to sort through it all to find what I want to keep... however I have found the stuff Zwycky mentioned and am sending it now.

[ 06-15-2004, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: Jerold Keenan ]

I worked up a splash image for CIOPS, let me know what you think, I'm sure we could use it for recruiting and primary imagery.

Ours is a profession whose heroes can never be recognized. Our graves will never be marked, but our victories are won in the subtle pivot of histories that never were and might have been.

CIOPS is coming online.