Fleet/wing logos - long or short

Ben Zwycky

• 3 weeks later...

I donÔÇÖt like to ruffle feathers, but I donÔÇÖt think those two pics fit so well together, and thereÔÇÖs still the question of the Defence/Defense logo, the one I did fits even less well with ZaneÔÇÖs fleet logo (they have no common elements at all). Zane (I suspect) created his fleet logo versions so that they would fit in with his CIOPS logo idea, though those who expressed an opinion preferred the CIOPS logo I did.

My work is a complete set, my fleet logo has half its elements from my Defence Logo and half from CIOPS, plus a version of the original ISS starburst which is a must in every ISS logo in my opinion, since that dates back to the start of the fleet and Gareth DeSylva, the founder of the fleet and originator of battlecruiser roleplay. Out of respect for him and for the sake of fleet continuity I cannot throw that emblem away. I created the animations to highlight how interconnected the logos are, and I tried to do that in an original and creative way, avoiding boring peelbacks, frameslides or crossfades, quite successfully imho. With the disappearance of Intel, I added the daggers to CIOPS, meaning it now has more than half of the elements in the fleet logo, with no leftovers. Otherwise the two wing logos are the same as when I first made them 4 years ago.

ZaneÔÇÖs work is also a set (though incomplete at the moment) ÔÇô based around his shield border/earth emblem ÔÇô they fit together well and will no doubt animate well from one to the other. I do not deny his ability as a graphic artist or web designer, and I am glad he is so enthusiastic about his role as head of CIOPS.

However, in my opinion the two sets donÔÇÖt mix well, it should be either all ZaneÔÇÖs set or all mine, otherwise itÔÇÖs going to look a little disjointed and messy. If itÔÇÖs going to be ZaneÔÇÖs set, then someoneÔÇÖs going to have to come up with a new Defense logo (and new CIOPS logo if people are still unhappy with the one heÔÇÖs done) and then animate them (though Zane says that wonÔÇÖt be a problem since he has a copy of Flash)

While I admit that my animations are not perfect (there are a couple of places that could do with smoothing out, and if the wonderful world of Flash can help there, IÔÇÖll be the happiest of all) but I feel I must ask:

Is my fleet logo really so unacceptable that all my work (except for one pic done 4 years ago) should be discarded and the whole process started again almost from scratch? You guys really have no idea how much work this took to do.

I feel I must respectfully ask our fleet commander to reconsider his decision.

Again I apologise - I donÔÇÖt like saying these things, but I donÔÇÖt want us to end up with something that doesnÔÇÖt fit together, or something lower quality than what I have already presented.

reading your post , i agree on your thoughts about the logo and the start of the fleet in het beginning

there fore here are my thoughts.

Ben continue with your work on the fleet logo.

also i want your logo to be our fleet logo.

problem is also i dont want to argue with you and zane.

so is there anyway you can work together on the wing logo's?