ISS Subdomain @ Galcom.net

Commander Jamont

i closed the other topic because it wasn't relevant anymore (hey dude check my english)

ben as soon as you contact remo he will send you another login.

i don't want to many people with accounts otherwise it would be a mess.

i need some clear ideas about the site because will be starting from scratch and im going on vacation next week so i want things arranged.

thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before Nick, I'm more than happy to work on another phpnuke site if you want that. It seems to be a pretty easy to setup solution right out of the box, and Ben and I have been collaborating on images and stuff for a little bit now (see the emails I sent to your ms email).

Let me know how and what you'd like me to do.

ZM out.

Hey guyz!

Just got back few days ago from my honeymoon, so I'm ready to get back into it. If there is anything that I can do to be of some assistance, let me know. I have basic knowledge in various computer languages and can do graphics bits as well. Let me know!

Hey, I have the ISS site started. With some crucial help from Remo (thanks again man!) I have the portal software installed.

I've got a theme up, and some basic graphics to get us started. Drop me some emails and let me know what you think. We'll begin using it shortly.

ZM out.

[ 07-26-2004, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Zane Marlowe ]

While I don't have time to look at all of them, out of the three you mentioned I would go for Spacepilot3k. Do you have an account with iss.galcom.net, Zane? If not, contact Remo Williams and he'll create one for you.

I have a lot of faith in your abilities.

Actually, have a look at the site again. I put together a theme that I think is probably best for the time being. If people want it changed later that's possible, but Nick mentioned wanting something that looked dark and sleek and I thought this looked good too.

Also Ben, check your email box so we can get that graphics matter squared away.

Checked and returned. Site looks good to me

We need a forum (section) for each wings, maybe a marine/pilot one, and a secure forum (section) for classified stuff.

Let's give Nick a nice welcome to his new offices when he gets back .

• 4 weeks later...

I'm updating the site. For security reasons, we'll setup the ISS members in the site via PM, but I need to have active fleet members PM me so I can set their accounts up and then email them back with the login info.

The primary reason for this is because ISS and CIOPS particularly are going to have classified stuff to work on, and we're going to make it as hard to infiltrate us as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

See Zwycky's post about reliability here.

Currently we're waiting to see if galcom.net comes back online. Honestly I'd be just as happy reinstalling the system on any reliable site we could get our hands on. This would have been done a while ago except that my account and the iss subdomain at galcom.net are both currently unavailable.

We finished our graphics discussion, we've reorganized our fleet, and we've been recruiting effectively I think, so this is really the last thing we need before we're ready to work on our documentation needs (fleet charter perhaps, the training course, etc.).

If you want to try the fluxgames site again, we can do that if you'd like to PM me an account to use and create a MySQL database I can access there through some means. Galcom.net would be cool, but I agree with Ben that availability is our priority right now.

Alright, there's a few tweaks necessary, but the site's open for business. You should be able to register there normally (requires valid email) and use the forums. If there are forums that need to be there and aren't, then post here, but I covered them with Jamont so I think we have everything covered adequately.

Nick and Ben, I'll PM you your admin accounts shortly, but for now I must rest.

Is there any way we can get a notice of service interruption? We're kind of in the dark when the site's down as to what we should expect and when it might come back up. Recently this was a problem for as much as two weeks, and while I don't expect that kind of interval normally, not having information on the downtime was rather difficult to plan around.