Wraith Fleet Requesting Info

Captain

On behalf of Wraith Fleet I would like to request the link or links that would allow direct access to CIOPS' Intel so that I may link it to the war room intelligence computer in the Wraith Fleet website.

If you don't have anything setup for this quite yet then please notify Wraith Command once you do so that I may continue with the rebuilding of the Wraith Fleet website.

Thank you,

Captain Reed

What information would you like to access? CIOPS is currently working to make various kinds of information available to GALCOM, so official requests from other fleets would receive priority tasking in accordance with CIOPS' mandate from GALCOM to provide intelligence to GALCOM and its fleet commanders.

The only information Wraith Fleet would need is that information that would help to gain an upper hand in a battle.

So I would say any information that has to do with enemy readiness, enemy installations, fleet movements, and any other information consisting enemy movements and strengths that may be necessary for the success of a mission.

Also any links that you give me will be password protected and should not be sent through public channels as requested by Dreada.

Thank you,

Captain Reed

Understood, we are presently compiling the information you've asked for. Please select the degree of confidentiality you require for this information.

1. GALCOM Classified (all GALCOM personnel)

2. Codeword Classified (code word provides access on a need to know basis, codewords to be supplied to information requester, requesting Fleet Commanding Officer, and CIOPS personnel resoponsible for producing documents)

3. Eyes only (Eyes only makes document available only to its intended recipient)

All information will be intended those personel authorized by Wraith Command.

Also where is this information coming from?

Is the information coming from a website or are you going to be sending it in a document form?

A website URL would be preferred because Wraith Fleet is setting up a Tac Ops center where regular updates would be preferred instead of having to chase after the CIOPS organization for the information every time.

So it would be appreciated if you could setup a regularly updated area were galcom fleets can get information (with consideration for who should have that information, whether it is fleet leaders or all galcom personel).

Thank you,

Captain Reed

RSS is an XML based news feed that you see on newstickers on sites like CNN (for instance). It can be used as a kind of news stream originating at one website and presented at another. I was thinking that I might be able to hook up something like that so Wraith's TacOps center could just stream CIOPS intel in. My short-term lower tech solution is to just have a few classified forums on ISS' page that we can restrict to verified members of Wraith/GALCOM/whatever.

Now unfortunately I still am unsure of what you are talking about. Now I was wondering if you could send me an example of it or show me something that would explain how I would implement something like this into the Wraith Fleet website.

Thank you,

Captain Reed

Ok if we use the RSS idea then it may take me some time to come up with a way to parse the RSS file into a readable and viewable PHP based page.

As it stands so far I have never attempted to do something like this so I am still learning.

The low-tech solution is going to go into use shortly, I've created a CIOPS Classified Documents topic for ISS site registered members to take advantage of. The upside is that you can post links to the site in your own forums and your users can go there at any time and see secure information. The downside is that every user who wants to see this information is going to have to get cleared for classified access. (This basically consists of getting a Wraith FC to PM me an account creation request and then I email the GALCOM member with their account.) So Reed, PM me with the account name, password, and email address you'd like to use on our site, and I'll create the account and we can continue to discuss classified matters in our own secure area (away from the prying eyes of the terrifyingly effective insurgents, most certainly impolite raiders, and politically-opinionated-but-essentially-pacifistic gammulans).