Normal life

Commander Jamont

Heh, alright then.

I'm Ben, 21 yrs old.

In the process of buying a duplex turned into a single house, its enormous!

Just got married June 19th

I'm a retail salesman for a major Home Improvement Industry, and on the side I teach the martial art TaeKwonDo. I hold a third degree black belt in that as well as a first degree black in a Korean sword art.

Thats a mouthful.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, IÔÇÖm 28, 29 at the end of next month, I live in a nice-sized house in a small village just outside Prague in the Czech Republic. IÔÇÖve been married for just over three years and have two small boys (Jakub is two and two months, Petr is one and three months, I should put some more recent photos up there). Together with my lovely wife I run a small translation company and most of our work is translating TV series, documentaries and films for dubbing from English into Czech, though we get to do various types of documents as well (letters, working regulations etc.) Me being originally English and my wife Czech means we have a native speaker at both ends and have built up a very good reputation for the quality of our work.

We work from home, so we can be flexible with most things, but I have an off-peak only pay-per-minute connection (that may change sometime in the next few months, but IÔÇÖve been saying that for the last year or so ) which limits when I can be online.

We only have one computer and use it for both work and play, but I have the funds set aside for a second one that IÔÇÖll buy when UC:HI comes out, since the price of components is coming down all the time, and by waiting another couple of months, I may be able to squeeze a little more into my budget. When that great day comes, IÔÇÖll be able to be even more active than I am at present (or be able to maintain other on-line interests more faithfully.)

I'm a geordie, but without the accent. I can put it on if you want, but then nobody would understand me My parents live just outside Morpeth in Northumberland.

Looks like the uncertainty of our current financial situation will significantly delay the purchase of the new computer, so I might be a few months late in picking up BC:HI, or the new comp could end up bing my birthday present for the big 3-0, (24th November next year), meaning I'd be missing out on HI entirely.

Well, we just got our phone bill, and IÔÇÖm in a little trouble. I was on-line for 43 hours last month, and we only get the first 13 free. So from now on IÔÇÖll have to be online a lot less per day, which means saving pages and reading them offline, so my responses will be slower.

Ben, If you don't mind my being nosy how much does your internet access cost? Are there other (unlimited) options available to you and what are their cost?

The reason I ask is that I am always farming out various web projects etc. You obviously have some talents in the virtual world and if you have time available perhaps I or another could help improve your situation. I hate the thought that we might see less of you based on financial reasons.

Well, it's pretty cheap (15 Kc (60c)) an hour off-peak, a little more expensive for the first ten minutes of every connection, and a lot more peak-time. Our income is irregular, averaging out a little over 16000Kc (640 bucks) a month at the moment (about average wage, because we have a big series on it's regular for now, but we only have one more month of that left, and are waiting to see what we'll get after that. This means my wife is usually working on our only computer.

Alternatives are basically ADSL. Unlimited data 256/64 with aggregation 50:1 is 700Kc (28 bucks) a month, and 512/128 with 50:1 is 1000 (40 bucks) a month.

I'm not sure what exactly I could do for you, I don't really have any big business contacts to sell to or anything.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Well, it's pretty cheap (15 Kc (60c)) an hour off-peak, a little more expensive for the first ten minutes of every connection, and a lot more peak-time. Our income is irregular, averaging out a little over 16000Kc (640 bucks) a month at the moment (about average wage, because we have a big series on it's regular for now, but we only have one more month of that left, and are waiting to see what we'll get after that. This means my wife is usually working on our only computer.

Alternatives are basically ADSL. Unlimited data 256/64 with aggregation 50:1 is 700Kc (28 bucks) a month, and 512/128 with 50:1 is 1000 (40 bucks) a month.

I'm not sure what exactly I could do for you, I don't really have any big business contacts to sell to or anything.

I'm sure we will think of something. I have a number of servers/networks etc. to support. You know my e-mail so when you get some time send me some more info on any talents you and your wife have relating to computers, networking, web design, graphics. Obviously I see you have editing/review skills etc already.

I can't imagine we can't figure out $28/month worth of help you can give my business. I want to cover my hosting with 24hr online helpdesk. So that is at least one area. With your energy you could learn more along the way, and I could use the deduction anyway.

We'll work out details via e-mail.