ISS Fleet Multiplayer Board

Commander Jamont

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Jamont:

im looking in to hosting a team speak server.

No need, Jamont. There is currently a Teamspeak Server For All Fleets at primefleet.com. PM Remo for the password and admin access to the ISS section of the TeamSpeak server. BTW, I need to do the same for the Earthcom section. Thanks for reminding me.

quote:

Originally posted by Jamont:

What i need for you to do is to post times that you are most online.

We need as much information as we can.

A good place to start with is time zones. I use http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/ and http://greenwichmeantime.com/

Note: To clarify the info in the following links, UTC stands for Coordinated Universal Time and is exactly the same as GMT. Also DST stands for Daylight Saving Time.

The Netherlands (Nick Jamont) and Czech Republic (Ben Zwycky) both alternate between CET (standard) and CEST (daylight saving). This makes it convenient for the two of you to meet on TeamSpeak or in MP.

Here are five more ISS members with their locations and time zones (Standard and DST):

[*]Jerold Keenan - Queensland, Australia (+10 GMT) (no DST observed in Queensland)

[*]Zane Marlowe - Chicago, Illinois - CST/CDT

[*]CedricB - Las Vegas, Nevada - PST/PDT

[*]Rip - Lafayette, Louisiana - CST/CDT

[*]Medivh747 - Cedar Rapids, Iowa - CST/CDT

I don't know about the other six players listed in the DB. Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, the next fleet tournament match is next Sunday at 1900GMT if my memory serves me right (I forget where it was posted), so who is able and willing to defend the glory of our fleet?

I tried to get on, but the password wasn't what I thought it was and there wasn't anywhere I could go to look. I actually logged into the match server, but people were playing so they didn't have their chat windows open, so I just passed for the day, sorry.

This brings up a good point, where are we supposed to find this info (password, etc.)? Are the Fleet Leaders going to distribute it or... ?

I only found out the password by hanging around on server 4 and getting it from Shingen in mp chat

That was a very cool time- not bad for my first PvP experience, eh?

I didn't have a mike so I could only listen to Marvin and Dreada worrying about where Shingen and Chavik were, and how could they have managed to sneak past our defenses, and I couldn't tell them that they had both been destroyed trying to pick on me I was just chuckling to myself, thinking 'They're in for a nice surprise'

My wife came home today with a (two month) early b'day present- a headset So next time I can keep you guys up-to date with my exploits realtime;).

I can send you the teamspeak and fleet server passwords by email or PM if you want, guys, just let me know.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

I couldn't tell them that they had both been destroyed trying to pick on me I was just chuckling to myself, thinking 'They're in for a nice surprise'

Yup, thanks to you, the first match was definitely "Czech Mate" for our side.

I have given the passwords to Damier and Zane. THey are not to pass this information on to anyone else without my express permission. Anyone else in the fleet may contact me for that info.

Update your sigs with the new animated logos, people.

OK, we need to meet up sometime guys. So everyone post what times of day in the week you are available for mp, and we'll see what we can arrange.

I can do 4.30-7.30(maybe to 8.30)PM GMT most weekdays and am pretty flexible at weekends (Basically anything from 8 AM-8PM GMT, unless we have something on, but it can depend on when the boys go to sleep (usually around 9.30AM-12.30 PM GMT)

OK, then that looks like something like 7-8am GMT on a Saturday or Sunday or something. Is that OK for everyone(?

Also I forgot that 2.30-5PM on Sunday isn't possible for me.

Also, just a thought, if we had our own small fleet teamspeak/mp server we could use that for secret training, so if that's still a possibility Jamont, that'd be cool.

OK, then let's say 7am GMT tomorrow (we'll be there for an hour at least, so if you're a little late it doesn't matter) If anyone can get a teamspeak server up and running by then, PM us (me, Damier, Nick and Zane, anyone else in the fleet who asks here) the server name, IP and password.

Look forward to meeting you guys,

until then,

Come on, guys, where are you? I've only got another hour at the most. If no-one turns up within the next 15 mins I'm calling it a day (so I can still take part in the tournament)