ISS Fleet Multiplayer Board

Commander Jamont

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Rip, Let's plan on about 7pm tonight (central time) and connect first on the 3000AD teamspeak server.

Let this serve as an invitation to Medievh, Cedric, and Damier to join us if possible as well since the more we include, the better our odds will be in the final matches, and we need to get our guys online as fast as possible.

Meet on TS at 7pm, and I'll have more instructions from there on how to access classified training materials from the ISS website, and we'll get you up to speed.

If 7 needs to be earlier or later, let me know. Sound off guys, I don't have a phone bill to be wasted on this since I'm using broadband, but I'll be grouchy as though I did since attendence is important.

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

So how'd it go?

Well I managed to get hooked up and didn't kill myself. Teamspeak was a sucking however. Wasn't to hard to chat however. Gave me time to look things up:( I'm going to have to get to work studying and playing SP.

Rip is going to get his navigation and weapons skills up to speed, then we're going to get him into the advanced tactics curriculum we developed. He's currently registered and cleared for Level 2 at the website. So he hasn't got access to the documents yet, but I imagine that won't take too long to achieve. Anyways, we're going to try to meet again soon and get Rip the rest of his combat skills.

OK, for a session to count towards there must be a high ranking officer present and it must last at least an hour. When I come back, I'll want a full report on all cadets' progress.

Whoever wants their clearance passwords has to PM me their email adress.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we need three members for a full team for the fleet tournament on Sunday at 1900 GMT. I'll be there, I'm sort of counting on Rip to be there, but we know Zane won't be, so we need someone else. If need be we'll play shorthanded or accept substitutes, but I would much prefer to have a full team. If you are coming, then please come to the next team training session at 1800 GMT (work out for yourself what time this is in your time zone) on Saturday the 19th of December (this coming Saturday). We will need to run through some things together (or at least meet so I can tell you what will happen there.)

I'm asking very nicely

OK, I feel like an idiot now. We agreed ages ago to go out with friends this Saturday night, and I completely forgot about it. WeÔÇÖll have to change the start time to 1400 or 1500 (at a tight squeeze maybe 1600) GMT, IÔÇÖm really sorry. Can anyone make those times? If so reply here as soon as you read this. Otherwise IÔÇÖll just turn up on the Fleet Teamspeak server at 1500 GMT and wait for 15 minutes. If no one comes, thereÔÇÖll be no training, which would be a great pity, because this is the last chance to get you ready for the tournament finals.

We just got lucky. No -one from Wraith turned up to the tournament, but I was there for us so we got a bye through to the finals, which'll be held next Sunday before the individual tournament. This means we have one more week to get a team together and practise. We'll be facing off against the Insurgents. Get sharp, people!

OK, guys I know it might be holiday time for some of you this week (and I donÔÇÖt think anyone wants to play on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day) so I was thinking of planning a training session this Wednesday or Thursday sometime between 1800 and 2100 GMT (those are my limits on this connection and in this time zone) for a last minute run through before the fleet tournament final.

[rp]It is fitting that we are up against the Insurgents, since CIOPS is a galaxy-wide counter-insurgency organisation, amongst other things. They have broken through PrimeÔÇÖs Ranks and ISS is all that stands between them and total domination of team mp! CIOPS and Defense, live up to your names and illustrious histories! Stand up and be counted to quench this great threat to our homeworld.[/rp]

Come on, guys, I know youÔÇÖre out there, we can get a team together. Rip, are you on top of your connection problems? Anyone know when ZaneÔÇÖll be back from his classified Hawaiian mission ? All I need is one other guy to have a valid team, and two other guys for a full team, and if I can give you some training beforehand, we stand a good chance of winning. We still have a reasonable chance even if we only have one of you with no training.

Sound off!

Zane is fortunately able to send and receive flash traffic from deep cover in Hawaii. I didn't know if I'd be able to do so, but as it turns out, a few of my well-placed "sleeper" agents are active and my spy network remains intact.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to engage in fleet maneuvers without blowing my cover, so ISS will have to cope without me. I am thrilled to see how we're doing thus far. Way to go ISS! Can someone post me something more detailed on how we did these last few plays? I'd like to know how Rip's come along.

I won't be returning until this weekend, which will make traingin difficult unless it is Saturday evening or Sunday before the match. I will update on my exact travel schedule when known and will be willing to train at anytime upon my arrival.

Training at the weekend would be awkward. It'd have to be really early Sunday morning for you, Rip (possibly from 1400 GMT, 1430 at the latest, I'm at church from 1600 to ~1800 GMT, able to be online at 1830, maybe slightly earlier at a real squeeze.

Well, after a problematic start, Rip put in an outstanding performance, especially given the fact this was only his second time at a fleet match and his first representing ISS. He got the Insurgent shuttle first in the second match to square the series while I was sitting in Rovarix like a fool instead of going back into Galadran to defend our shuttle. Then in the tiebreaker he finished off both Insurgent ships in his respawn vessel, tieing up the number of kills at 2:2 (Chavik was so focused on finishing me off after my stupid mistake that Rip was able to finish him off soon afterwards, and it seems Shohashi had been progressively crippled earlier by both our hostile intentions, enabling Rip to level things). This won us the championship because our prey were more valuable than theirs.

It was a good team performance, we combined firepower relatively well to soften up our targets, but both made some mistakes which very nearly cost us dearly. It was a nail-biter right to the end. He still has a lot to learn, but is making very good progress, and I take great pleasure in promoting Rip to Level 3 Security clearance. Only one more kill to go to get you to Level 4, and automatic promotion to a Level 5 position for being the first to reach level 4. Congratulations, Commander Rip! Your new security protocols have been sent.

The individual finals were a different story. Again I made a silly mistake in both matches, each costing me a life, the stupidest was leaving the Castrin region in my match with Chavik, otherwise I would probably have got through without losing a life. The match with Marvin was a closer match

The first round went very smoothly, two kills without my shields being breached, then in the second came my little error of judgement, which Marvin capitalised on to do serious damage to me before losing his first life. My armour was at 90% but my engine was destroyed, spilling my radine tank into the void. I decided to self-destruct rather than try and face him using only my solar reactor, conceding the kill. Then came the big showdown. If I killed Marvin, itÔÇÖd be all over. If he killed me, itÔÇÖd go down to a third deciding round. Marvin jumped towards me and battle was on. We ducked rolled and weaved, surging and braking, firing, jamming and dodging, each vying for the tactical upper hand, with lagging issues on the server adding to the confusion, the duel went on and on into overtime, then we disengaged and jumped to opposite sides of the region. Marvin was first to recharge his jump engines and jumped towards me. That cost him dear and I made no mistake this time. Match over, after 4 hours of combat in total and at 20 past midnight, I could finally get some sleep. Quite a night!

Anyway, thereÔÇÖs still room for improvement and a lot of tricks still up my sleeve, weÔÇÖll be ironing out the mistakes and upping our effectiveness ready to meet the stronger challenges for next season. We'll be ready. Be afraid

• 2 weeks later...

OK, anyone think they would make a good scorekeeper for the 2005 season? I was thinking Zane or Rip if you have time.

Anyway, I propose a training session for Saturday from 1800 GMT. Any takers?