Time to hang up my jacket

Commander Jamont

To all fleet personel.

due to more active mp sessions and meetings i wont be able to live up to my rank.

i just dont have the time for it.

i want iss to be big.

look at what remo is doing for prime.

very cool and no this is my own decision i know he feels that i am not able to lead a fleet but i respect his thoughts.

but he has a point.

look at zane for instance he has done more for the fleet then i could ever done.

due to lack of time and real life.

so i am stepping down as fleet leader of the iss

and just being a user of the board.

also i will continue beta testing

i will officialy mail the s.c.

for now good luck for finding a new fleet leader.

i will still be around

Guest Remo Williams

Sorry you feel that way Jamont my opinion means nothing in this matter and I would not have given it if you didn't ask. Its not that I don't feel that you could be a great leader for the ISS its just you do need to put a little more time and effort into it. You don't have to follow my lead in this MP stuff or how to run the ISS. I'll gladly hand over the lead to another fleet leader thatÔÇÖs motivated to make this all work and just set back and give my yay or nay on stuff.

All you need is a few hours a week really to lead a fleet and do the documentation to run it correctly to where thereÔÇÖs no confusion in your ranks. Delegate authority to a second in command this helps alot to get things going. It would help if you could pull Zane into the main stream for your fleet, but it appears he's to busy working on his unauthorized fleet endeavor. Yes I know he claims to be working on this for people outside of the fleets to enjoy MP, but after looking at the site it has only one thing in mind, and I know for sure I didn't authorize the use of Prime in any fashion on that site. I know of a few other fleets that didn't authorize this activity with their fleets either. This will all be discussed amongst the FL at the meet though.

I hope you reconsider and put your effort into making ISS into a group that Prime will envy.

Guest Remo Williams

No problem boss consider it done.

Attention ISS members I'll be going over your roster and contacting all members to determine your level of active membership. Please be patient while a new leader is chosen to lead you for the coming MP season.

Remo Out!

Guest Remo Williams

I've spoke to those other fleets you say are involved and they say they did not give you authorization to use the names or any of there data, and neither did I. Remove any reference to Prime, and the other official 3000AD fleets and the logo image I created immediately.

*snip*

[ 09-06-2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Fleet Action has been updated and the names have been changed as you've requested. Prime Fleet's logo does not appear on the Fleet Action site anymore. I've changed my sig to reflect my absence from the fleet db.

Because I've been moving this week it's been very difficult to work online since I do not have much time and no net connection at my home. Nonetheless, I've made the changes you stipulate so that Fleet Action is completly unofficial and unrelated to the official fleet structures here.

*snip*

BTW, Jamont's farewell was also about the future of ISS, so for what it's worth, I'm hoping this sidetrack is still somewhat in line with the thread under discussion.

[ 09-06-2004, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Remo Williams

Thank you! Now with that done I can see the difference between official and unofficial. The only thing I see now thatÔÇÖs out of line for the community is the use of the term "fleets".

Since Derek is aware of this issue now I'll leave that to him to decide if its acceptable given that those fleets are not authorized by 3000AD.

Now back on topic Jamont I'll talk to Ben and see if he has the time needed to run a fleet properly.

I'll be very sorry to see you go, Nick. You'll forever be on our rolls.

Nick, can't you hang on for another couple of weeks? I'm going on holiday for a week next Saturday and will be without internet access.

[ 09-07-2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Nick, can't you hang on for another couple of weeks? I'm going on holiday for a week next Saturday and will be without internet access.

I'm sure he can. In the meantime, congrats on your promotion!!!

As to the spat between Zane and Remo, I am going to delete those posts. I don't want to see ANY public bickering between forum nor fleet members in position of authority.

Remo and Prime Fleet have done a remarkable job of handling Prime, training n00bs, promoting mp etc and we simply can't thank them enough. In fact, it is their continued efforts that caused me to keep the mp servers going now that 3000AD Inc has to keep paying for them going forward.

Soooooo, while Prime Fleet is the #1 GALCOM fleet, Remo and his experienced crew are well within their authority to assist other fleets, ensure that everyone, including fleets (e.g. Zane, ISS etc) are in compliance with the rules, regs and how we run things here. Rendering assistance and cautioning about compliance is quite different from interfering with operatons. e.g. now that Ben is the leader of ISS, he alone has authority on the ISS fleet; nobody else.

Finally, I don't want to see ANY disputes in public. I have PM, you folks should start using it if you can't resolve issues amongst yourselves.

That is all. As you were.

EDIT: I have addressed the Fleet Action issue over here.

yes ben i will stay on for more weeks.

i wont leave the game

hell no i have been around for to long.

dang its hard to leave the fleet as it is.

maybe just step down to vice fleet leader?

iss needs two leaders you can see now when someone is on vacation

this would be the best idea i dont have time to to run a fleet but do have time to assist sometimes

how about this remo? sc?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

how about this remo? sc?

I don't have a problem with it jamont but its not up to me. This is considered internal ISS business. Which is none of my business LOL!

I have edited my post. No action will be taken against Zane, since the only issue is now settled. I am very happy with his work for the fleet and look forward to working with him in the future. I formally request that he take back his position at the head of CIOPS with full responsibilities.

Nick, I look forward to our new arrangement.

Let's get making this fleet something to be proud of!

For simplicity's sake, I've reapplied to ISS, and I'll await the appropriate approvals and adjustments to the fleet db before adjusting my sig.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad to be back onboard.

Let me know when my ftp account is available so I can finish the website, we need a couple adjustments before I can finish this up, but it's not going to take long (an evening maybe?).

I'll address the remaining development issues in the iss website thread and we can go from there.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

I did considering the damage he's done to our official fleet MP system in the few months he's been here.

I see. But nevertheless, you don't have the authority to do that. Please don't do it again. CIOPS falls under ISS, not Prime; and as such, you have NO authority to do that. Only Jamont (when he was FL) or Ben (the new FL) could do that.

You should be setting an example, not breaching protocol because then you're going to me look like I'm taking sides and giving you folks free reign.

Quite frankly, I have yet to see ANY evidence of damage that Zane has done, that could warrant such action nor the amount of vehemence I see being levied against him. I do NOT like that one bit and you guys need to STOP or I will (a) shutdown the fleet dB and (B) kill the public servers.

I try to be fair and just because I don't babysit this angle of the site and mp, doesn't mean that I'm going to go against my record for NOT playing favorites or taking sides.

Sure, I've seen missteps by Zane, but quite frankly, all I see - compared to the other slackers around here - is some guy putting in his OWN TIME, EFFORT AND ENERGY (just like you, Marvin etc) to create something that others can enjoy. And what do you hardliners go and do? You try to alienate him instead of correcting him and pointing him to guidelines. Thats just silly and I'm NOT going to put up with it ANY longer. Its like he's pissing on someone's lawn or something. Point is, this is MY goddamn lawn; so you folks had better start playing nice and co-operating with each other or I will SHUT IT ALL DOWN. If someone fails to follow guidelines or breaches protocol, I should be the SECOND person (that person being the first), to know about.

I hope I have made myself clear.