New recruits wanting to join, report here

y2kewel

Cmdr. Damier, GCV INQUISITOR, respectfully requests admittance to the Earth Defense Wing of ISS Fleet.

I have been informed that the Earth Defense wing of your fleet is noticeably lacking in ships and men. I am certain that my ship, my crew and I would be great assets to ISSÔÇÖs goals of defending and preserving the freedoms and ideals of Earth.

[ 09-09-2004, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Lord Malice:

The Last Straw

It all started when I was a young boy. I grew up on Treas out side of a military base. My folks were simple and kind and well liked by all. My Dad was a trades man and every one on the base knew his name. My Mom ran a dry cleaners shop out of the house. We were not ritch by any means but they made ends meet. I would spend all day playing in the frontier aginst my mothers will. Every day i went hiding in the woods watching the ships landing and taking off. Every now and then I even saw battles with the Insergency. I made friends with the Marines at the border keep, they told me stories of battle and tought me about the Insergency. One day I came through the trees to the Keep and started joking with the Marines and out of no where bullets came flying passed our heads. A Marine grabed me and carryed me behing a tree. He said Wate here and dont move untill I come back, then he ran back to the battle. The fight raged on into the night. I heard gun fire and exploions in every direction. I was to scared to move so I close my eyes and tryed to goto sleep. When I woke the next morning I came out from behined the trees and in horror I noticed that there was an Insergent flag flying over the keep where ours once stood. I went back into the trees and decided that if I stayed there when the marines came back they would get me when it was safe. That night just as the sun was going down I heard a voice in the distance. *MALICE!!!* It was my Mom and Dad! I ran out from behind the trees and just as I was about to yell for them I saw an Insergent come out of the trees behind my Mon and shoot her right in the back of the head and as if that were a signle 4 more Insergents came charging towards my dad. I was in shock as I watch my Dad try and fight them off to the bitter end. I ran as fast as I could back to my house and cryed over the loss of my family. I blamed my self for not minding when they told me not to go out there. That night I sword revenge. The next morning I packed every thing I could carry and went out on my own. Over the years I have learned a great deal in combat and space tatics and now I Command a Warmonger along with a few other ships that have agred to join me in my plite. But these are tough times indeed. That is my story.

*Lord Malice walks up to the large steel door of the Fleet Hall and knocks 3 times* *The door opens*

Hail! I am Lord Malice, I wish to join you.......

Hmm, well it seems my other rather long and deeply philosophical post was deleated in a clean up. So I will repost a concise version of it.

I would like (well I got accepted to the FleetDB thing) to join ISS Fleet! As a introduction I was say a bit about myself

• I like computer, BC games ( I started with BCM, then traded it for BCMG and then bought UC )
  • I am one of the younger people(at least from what I've read and seen) that play 3000AD games. I'm only 16
  • And lastly, I at first wanted to join Prime Fleet, then found that you guys are based out of Titan and knew I found my fleet!

PS. Yay, my HTML skills are improving!

• 1 month later...

Hey new commanders, how's your progress?

Lille, you should update your sig, there's a thread in the forum community topic for this, so you might want to learn how to get your sig working there.

Also, Omega, how are you getting acclimated to ISS here? I haven't seen you posting in the ISS threads, so I wanted to check up on you and make sure you weren't lost in the shuffle.

We'd be very glad to have you aboard, Lille, go to the fleets databaseand apply to join, then check out the forum sigs thread and add your system profile to your sig. After you've got your strength back, you can visit the fleet sigs thread and decide what part of the fleet you want to be in. Then you can make final adjustments to your sig and tell us a little about yourself in the Normal life thread here. (I should do that myself, you know. I guess tomorrow.)

Sorry if that seems a bit much at once, I don't expect you to do it all in one day- take your time.

Sorry but im afraid prime fleet has requested my services perhaps when my tour of duty is over ill settle down to defend earth thanks for your help all iss ship crews are welcome aboard fordrinksif we meet!

• 2 months later...

OK, while I was away someone approved a Commander going by the name of Jorgat to the fleet database. He's flying the GCV Gettysburg, but has yet to put in an appearance here on the forums. I would like him to take the opportunity to introduce himself, so he can get to enjoy all the benefits of fleet membership. Commander, if you please...

• 1 month later...

Grettings everyone!

I would like to request a position within the ISS Fleet. Preferably within the Defence wing. I have been a long time player of UC and it's predecessors but I have never played online. I'm sure that me and my ship can make a difference.

Glad to meet you Deephack, what have you already done with respect to applying? If you haven't already, put an application into the Fleet Database, and then go register on the ISS main website.

Take a moment and read some of the material in our fleet reference, and confirm your interest in your wing assignment. Then, when you've got a minute, come tell us a little bit about you and your ship.

Glad to have you onboard!

He has and he's in the database. I'm just updating the welcome pack (Level 1 document) to take account of the new scoring and ranking system, server numbering and teamspeak situation. I'll upload it to our secure archive at the website soon (either tomorrow or at the weekend).

I Emailed him asking him to post here a week ago, and he has yet to respond, whereas Commander Neeja responded straight away, so I fear there might be a problem with his application. We'll see.

sounds good to me, Cedric has been purged (he emailed me and asked to be removed, he is no longer able to be active and hasn't been for a while), and I've given Jorgat more than enough warning to post here with no response, so he's being removed today. Lord Malice has a bad email adress in his profile and we haven't heard from him in months, so he's going too. Medivh got promoted at work and has far less free time than before and is unable to takle part, so we'll remove him, and Jerold Keenan said he'll be getting the latest BC game sometime soon and maybe become active again, so we'll leave him for now.

Suddenly we seem a little smaller

Damier always had the problem of his work making him only available at awkward times for the rest of us, but he still hasn't contacted us for a while, so I'll send him a PM to ask how he's doing.