New recruits wanting to join, report here

y2kewel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have emailed him at the adress he gave, telling him to post here (it's what I do for all new recruits now, if they don't respond within a week, I refuse their application)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've approved Rael for entrance to ISS. Let me be the first to welcome you to the fleet Rael!

The next step is to register at our fleet website located at http://iss.galcom.net,, and you will be given security level one access to our forums and you can post your availability to participate in fleet training sessions there. Higher security clearances will be available as you participate in the fleet, most of our regulars are level three, and there are a total of five.

I'll get your access cleared when you register over there, until then, your orders are to adjust your sig since you are now a member of GALCOM's ISS fleet.

Welcome to the fleet, Rael! As soon as I'm back on a permanent connection, I'll be able to train you up to peak lethality . If you can organise some training sessions with Zane in the meantime, that'd help. We already have five in team Praetorian, so he should either create an AAE and join team Demolition, or we create a second ISS team (maybe not allowed now). Are there any other times in the week (from 1830-2000 GMT on Sunday)when we can get together 3 of us (for issuing/accepting challenges)?

I can in theory make 1730-2000 GMT any day except Sunday.

Greetings everyone. I am new here so don't get me wrong.

It has began when I tired playing singleplayer, and went to this site. Here I found a lot of fleets. I respectually viewed every fleet. Your fleet has everything that a real spacefleet will need. Order, Faith, Courage, and of course a bit Humor . Your ship logs were amazing and your training system can teach even a dumb to play UC easily. Though I don't understand the situation in a multiplayer galaxy, I will try doing my best to smash your enemies.

Welcome Alnor. We're glad you found our materials helpful, and we're glad to have you onboard. To continue with ISS fleet, you need to do two things.

1. I've approved your registration in the fleet db, but now you need to get registered on our website.

2. You need to add your system profile information to your sig so we can see that you have a registered copy of the game. Instructions for doing so are here.

When both of these things are complete, post here again and we'll get you cleared for Level One access to the ISS classified forums.

[ 04-07-2005, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Zane Marlowe ]

Hey everyone! I'd like to join your fleet. I've looked through all of the other fleets and this one seems to fit me best.

After I un-installed all the software I liked on my computer to get this game to work, I started right off in the Commander career in roam mode and have been playing non-stop ever since about a week ago. So, I've tought myself the basics of the game along with most of the advanced stuff, read up on the story of the game and the civillizations so I know whats going on and who's at war with who and why. I do pretty good in combat, most of the time, usually with a heavy cruiser of some sort so I can not only dog fight with other capital ships but send my combat fighters to attack them and any other fighters. I'm probably still not really that good but I know what I'm doing and with some practice I can be a good asset to this fleet. I'm sure your tired of reading now so... can I join?

Hi Captain Proton! I've approved you to the fleet db, welcome to ISS.

What you need to do now is get registered at the ISS website so you can receive clearance to level one of the secure forums and begin learning what you need to know to participate with ISS.

Glad to have you onboard Commander!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, our newest recruit is Commander Jack Decker, who occasionally goes by the codename of Pisces-21.

Welcome in, Jack, tell us a little about yourself

Thank you sir Well my name is john and i'm 42. I used to drive transport till a back injury ended my career for now. Been watchin in Mp for awhile and saw some of you in action. And i liked what i saw. Been thinking of joining a fleet for awhile now. Till your boss twisted my arm to join. Thank you for allowing me to join this fine fleet. Hope i will become a good asset to all of you and keep ISS on top.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, your system profile is a little sparse, but verifies your legal ownership of the game, welcome aboard. Some formalities:

1. Check the Fleet Sigs thread for how to modify your new signature

2. post in the 2005 season thread the times when you are generally available online for training, matches, chat etc,

3. Create an account at

ISS Fleet Headquarters (for secure communications)

and at

Galcom HQ (for joining on of our fleet teams, once your properly trained (if you want to take part in this mp season)) using your Commander name as your username.

and

4. let us know here why you chose us and what sort of fleet activites interest you the most (multiplayer, storytelling (roleplaying), intelligence gathering, defending Sol space).

Guest Maximus

I chose the ISS fleet for two reasons:

1. I'm an advocate for defensive strategies, and

2. You appear to be an elite outfit, and I might be able to learn from you people and improve my game.

I'm interested in the combat of Universal Combat, and I believe that the Sol system should be given the most concern in the overall Ter/Mil war strategy against the insurgents.

Guest Maximus

I'm finished with everything you said, so, whats next. (I already know how to play the game, very well in my opinion.)

By the way, my favorite ship class is the firestorm super carrier.

I'm afraid super carriers are for command staff only in the rp world. In mp, we're a lot more flexible . Put yourself down for a nice cruiser for the moment.

You will need to download teamspeak soon, as that is required for voice communications during matches (and we use it during training sessions as well). If you can get hold of a headset or microphone, that'd be a big help.

According to your rp interests, you have been placed in Defence Wing (adjust your sig accordingly, this thread tells you how (see third and seventh posts in that thread)), but according to your time zone, we'll place you in team CIOPS (for all our US and similar time zone members).

We're fast running out of room in our teams, again!

I'll send you our welcome pack to the email address in your fleet database profile (I assume it's written correctly. Try to meet up with either Jack Decker or Zane during the week, as they are authorised to act as training officers and are in a similar time zone to you, though I think Jack is more available to meet up online.

I'm busy this Saturday until my duel with JSmith in the evening, so I won't be able to train you this weekend, but Marc or Jack are pretty available at the weekend to run through our basic training with you, but if you know the game well, then that shouldn't be a problem. After that, the real adventure (and real training) begins

Maximus, welcome in the defence wing

If we can somehow overcome the time difference, i'm looking forward to training with you.

If nessesary, i am available during weekdays until 9 PM GMT, and during weekends until 10 pm GMT (11 pm GMT at most on saturdays).

If training online suites you more in the mornings then in the evenings then i would be able to train you, for training in the evening for you (which would be early morning the next day for me), it would be better if you contacted Jack Decker or Zane Marlowe for a training session.

By the way, is the 56k internet connection in your profile your true internet connection, or do you have a faster connection? (a 56k connection might be a bit troublesome in multiplayer, but still doable)

Be sure to read the level 1 document in the ISS forums on how to access the Teamspeak server.

I'm pretty much on Teamspeak when i'm on the computer, so it is a possibility that you would find me in the server when you connect.

See you out there commander.

• 2 months later...

Hello. I was recently recruited by Ben Zwycky. I was on vacation at the time, but I am back home now. BZ sent me an email saying the first thing I should do is register in the ISS Fleet database, but I don't know how.Anyone want to help a greenhorn?