ISS fleet training program pinboard

Commander Jamont

Next training session tomorrow (Saturday 5th Feb) at 1930 GMT (one hour later than usual) we have visitors again, but it shouldn't be a problem to make that time.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drat it all, I'm kind of jammed up. I may not be able to show this week. Let me do this though in case I'm not here. I'll make a time with Omega and (hopefully) Rip, and we'll setup a practice over here some time this week.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out when we're meeting, but it appears to be about 40 minutes from now or so. If I can make it I may be a little late.

It has been brought to my attention that 1830-2100 GMT on Saturdays is not the ideal time for training sessions for most of you guys. An alternative regular time for me would be 1200-1330 GMT (when my boy have their afternoon nap), if that is not too early for those of you across the Atlantic. The same two times on Sunday are also a possibility, but once the season starts they might be taken up by fleet matches. As I have said before, if you guys in similar time zones want to meet up during the week at a convenient time for you to try things out, IÔÇÖm all for it. My only condition is that whoever acts as training officer at that session should send me a report afterwards saying what was practised/researched and anything of note that was observed/ how the trainees performed.

That fair enough?

OK, Kumaichi, I'll email you the ISS welcome pack, as soon as you put your system profile in your signature, since without registering your game you can't access the mp servers, even if I gave you the password. You can find out howto do it here

IÔÇÖve been having an annoying week. We have to return the new monitor, because it overheats after half an hourÔÇÖs use, and the dsl company after 1 month delay, finally told us that it was never possible to implement DSL on our line. Why they couldnÔÇÖt have told us that the first time round instead of telling us to try a lower speed, IÔÇÖll never know.

We'll be seeing if we can generate enough interest in our village to entice the cable operator to extend its network another 10km to cover us, but trying that after we get back from England

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got back safely on Wednesday afternoon, but with raging flu since Tuesday, the flight was not so fun I'm definitely hitting those low notes right now, maybe IÔÇÖll be restricted to chat at our next training session, which will be 1930-2100 GMT on Sunday.