ISS fleet training program pinboard

Commander Jamont

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm generally available any day from 1830-2000 GMT

(We've found a good deal on a local 150/150 WiFi connection, which we'll be ordering next week, hopefully it will be installed and running before my neighbour gets back from holiday.

I may finally be available a lot more with a decent connection without breaking the bank

back on dial-up, that means session tomorrow from 1730 GMT on server 1, but will be cancelled if no-one else turns up by 1750.

Do I make myself clear?

OK, I'll be on server 1 tomorrow (Saturday) from 1730 GMT, if no-one else is there by 1750, the session will be cancelled. PM me in the meantime for access to the latest patch.

There has been a new fleet-only patch since my last post. PM me for a link to it. I'll be on server 1 in about 10 minutes time (1850 GMT) until 1900 GMT, then will come back here to see if anyone has PM'd me.

The training sessions are usually on Saturdays, at about 1:30CST I think. We've not been so good about notice and scheduling, and I'm currently looking into some software additions to our site that might help everyone stay abreast of training and match events.

I'm available virtually every day from 18:00 to 22:00 (6 to 10 pm) GMT, apart from Thursday

On saturday i have to work until 16:00 GMT (4 pm)

but after that i'm available until 22:00 GMT (10 pm)

On sundays i'm useually available from 12:00 GMT (12 pm i believe?) until 22:00 GMT (10 pm)

Let me know if you need to know anything else

OK, that's pretty similar to me (we're in the same time zone). With my new connection, I'm available from 17.30-2000 GMT Tuesday to Saturday and from 18.30-2000 on Sundays, and also in theory from 1100-1230 every day, but that's a whole lot less reliable.

(I need to get to bed on time 'cause my boys usually get me up way too early)

Oh, Sykes, please be more specific than all day long, give us times GMT, like Marc and I did, so we can know when to arrange training sessions and when we can put together a valid team for matches.

Anyone want to help me stress-test my new connection ?

[ 04-13-2005, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

well, the news with my connection is pretty good.

They gave us 2 IP's, each with its own 150/150 connection that are 90% independent of each other, so that we (me and wife) don't get in each other's way with bandwidth.

The really good news, is that they forgot to limit the IP they put on my computer to 150/150, so it's currently running at...

well, check my system profile

[ 04-14-2005, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

maybe they'll pick up on it sometime, 150/150 is still good enough.

I'm going out today, so no ad hoc training session tonight. Sorry. Probably Friday night, though.

the best thing about this connection is there is no data limit and less lag than on dial-up. My ping time is down from 225-325 to 150-210. The fact that it's only 20 bucks a month is a big bonus too, the cheapest I've seen of any permanent connection in this country.

AnywayMarc has set up a little server for us (thank you Marc) and wants to get a few of us together to stress-test it. Four is probably all it can handle, but if we get more than that, we can try with reduced bandwidth settings.

I'm meeting him at 1130 GMT on Sunday, and will be around from 1830-2000 GMT if anyone else wants to sharpen their skills at that time.

Any takers should PM me or Marc for info on how to connect to his server.

[ 04-15-2005, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

To bad only ben and me were available last sunday, but it was a bit short notice, and 11:30 GMT is very early morning for my american ISS fleet coleagues, so i guess thats a pretty good excuse

Anyway, the server test went along, and it was concluded that my computer can not handle both being the server and a client, ones the fighting started, the packet loss increased exponentially to a point where the server no longer became very playable.

If needed, i would still be willing to start the server as a sort of emergency server when the UC servers are switched over to UC:AWA.

Anyway, looking forward to next sundays match, team Demolition is gonna kick some serious behind

We might be able to convince Rip to host a server, I had teh feeling in our teamspeak conversation on Friday that it was going to happen, and on his connection it should be good enough for fleet matches, if he can spare a decent machine.

by the way, the honeymoon period with my connection ended at the start of this week. I'm back down to 150/150,which is still fine for fleet matches.

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm busy tonight (Thursday) and Saturday evening, and I have a duel with Jamotto around 6-7pm GMT tomorrow (Friday), but I could be available to train people a little after that (tomorrow evening).