ISS fleet training program pinboard

Commander Jamont

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. As requested, I am posting my availability for training and matches. As the plant I work at is in the middle of a large maintenance shutdown I am mostly unavailable until Monday, but I will be ready for training very soon after.

Be advised I live in the Central Time Zone. (Memphis,TN USA). I am currently on a rotating shift schedule, so my availabiltiy is always going to be a little different from week to week. But I know my schedule way in advance so determining availability for matches is easy. I will read over the Command School Syllabus until next week, at which time I will announce my readiness to begin training.

OK, great- we'll look forward to that. I assume you got part 2 of the syllabus from Marc? When you're ready, please let us know what time slots you'll be available to meet up and we can arrange some sessions for you.

You know, there's nothing like practising stuff as you learn it to ram those lessons home. You don't have to graduate command school at your first training session, it just gets you straight up to level 2 if you do.

And it's not that you have to memorize anything before you take on command school, as i recall, most of my training I learned the hard way and i didn't really study that hard, just enough to know what Ben was talking about then during training sessions, but it did teach me a lot.

This is not a memory test (I hate exams), a general working knowledge is all that's required, as long as you have a handle on the general principles we can fine-tune your skills at sessions, then once you have the basics down pat, we can graduate you and start looking at more advanced stuff

Well, I have Teamspeak set up and got to tool around with some of my new fleetmates on the public server. I plan on starting my training ASAP and getting up to speed in a hurry. Thanks to all who invited me in and made me feel welcome. I hope to see some of you tonight after 1:00 AM Central time, when I'll be available for learning the ropes.

• 4 months later...

Hello Coder, welcome to ISS Fleet

GMT -5 is a bit problematic for us european guys (Ben and me being at GMT +1), as for training in the evening I can only offer you 4 to 5 PM your time (which is 10-11PM my time), is that a acceptable time to train?

I've also given you Level 1 access on the ISS Fleet forums, and i've send you a PM with the level 1 password.

Hey coder, I'm going to try to meet you online on Thursday if you're free then. I'm in the Central time zone, so let's try to connect about 7pm or so my time. Meet on the GCHQ lobby app that comes with UCAWA. If you don't have AWA, but only UC, let me know. PM me perhaps is best since that is forwarded to my email.

OK, there'll be an official fleet training session from 7pm GMT tomorrow (Sunday) Sorry about the short notice, but I've been ill this week and wasn't sure whether I'd have my voice back by this weekend (got it back today)

• 4 weeks later...