Fleet sigs

Ben Zwycky

I am in the process of doing final touches to the animated fleet signature logos. When they are done, we will add them to our signatures. Those belonging to our Marine battalion or Fighter squadron will use the Defense logo in their sigs until they have their own logos (works in progress), since they come under Defense wing.

OK, animated logos are done (I smoothed out the two sections of the intro animation that were bothering me, resulting in only one extra frame in total, since the files are already insanely large). However, there seems to be a problem with the ftp accounts and the server at iss.galcom.net, so theyÔÇÖre not uploaded (and the old ones are not available). Either we can wait for Remo to get things up and running again, or look for somewhere else to host them.

All ISS signatures should follow the structure below:

--------------------

Rank and Name

Ship name (Type), ISSHQ (Titan/Saturn) ÔÇ£ShipÔÇÖs motto (if you have one)ÔÇØ

Wing rank (if you have one) Wing name ÔÇô ISS Fleet

Animated Wing Logo (when they become available)

Know yourself - Know your enemy - Defend your homeworld (this is the official fleet motto)

Those new to the fleet and as yet unassigned to a wing should choose which wing they want to be assigned to. Failure to do so by the end of this month (plenty of time IMO) will result in you being automatically assigned to Defense.

Your choices are:

Defense Wing (protecting the Sol system from its enemies, both internal and external. Primarily combat and patrol operations, providing tactical support to other Galcom forces, but craft and personnel from Defense can be called upon by CIOPS for individual missions)

7th Orbital Marine Battalion (under the authority of Defense, but also supplies CIOPS with its permanent marine contingents, marines of every category and for every purpose come from here.)

52nd Elite Force Fighter Squadron (also under the authority of Defense. Supplies top-quality fighter pilots and fighter craft to ISS vessels, wings and installations)

CIOPS (GalcomÔÇÖs primary intelligence-gathering network, highly classified intelligence and counter-intelligence operations, often works in partnership with wraith fleet,)

Until someone earns the privilege of leading Defense Wing, I am taking charge there myself.

Those who havenÔÇÖt yet, choose your wings in this thread, then weÔÇÖll update the fleet database and you can start using your official sigs.

Any questions?

WAY TO GO ON THE FLEET MOTTO!!!

Who thought that up? Have we been just that cool all this time and I've not known it?

One note on the sigs though. Other fleets have been using the MP launch station for their base listing in the sig, I was unaware of whether or not there was anything official for GALCOM fleets about this or whether it was managed on a fleet by fleet basis per fleet leader's preference.

Also, regarding the website, I have the site still on my computer and if I can have FTP access I can recreate site on Nick's domain if he can supply me with an account and a database to point to. Let me know what you guys would prefer, but as I've said, we have only a few touches to go before we're top flight in the website department.

That fleet motto is from way back- I forget who came up with it (I think it may even have been DeSylva) fits well, don't it?

I have uploaded the new animated logos (small ones) to my gallery so Nick can download them and put them up on his server (since they can't be properly hosted on my site). When he sends me some ftp info I can put the big ones up on his site directly (they're too big for my ship's site)

I'm not sure about the official position on the launch bases, if the other fleets are using their mp ones, then I guess we should too. I was just used to rp where we use the sp ones.

Also people should use their ship name in their sig as a link to their ship's website (if they have one)

Zane is in charge of CIOPS, I'll handle Defense (which is also in charge of the 7th OMB and 52nd EFFS) until we have people experienced and dedicated enough to run them, unless you wanted to take on something at the moment too, Nick? After that delegation, we'll mainly take care of fleet business, while overseeing the wings.

Obviously iss.galcom.net is a great domain name and I'd prefer to be there, but reliability is more important. I'd say put the sig animations up at Nick's domain, but give Remo another week to fix iss.galcom.net (only fair). So, if it's not working by the time I get back (Saturday 18th (I'm leaving tomorrow)) then we'll go with Nick's domain.

Nick is in charge for the next 8 days, with Zane as his first assistant. You take care of my baby, now, OK?

Later,

As you can see from my sig, the animated logos uploaded at iss.galcom.net are now available and ready for use. As soon as my ftp account is activated, I'll upload the new versions ontop of these ones, so people's sigs will be updated without us having to change anything. (or Zane or Nick could do it using the gifs in my gallery)

All fleet signatures should be in the format given above.

Those of you in CIOPS should add the following to your signatures, in the line after CIOPS:

code:

CIOPSloop.gif

Those of you in Defense (and those in the 7th OMB or 52nd EFFS for now) should add the following to your signatures, in the line after Defense Wing:

code:

Defenceloop.gif

Everbody, choose your wings, or I'll do it for you.

[ 09-28-2004, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

OK, I have edited the post above to correspond to the updated animations. Update your sigs accordingly.

Those who have yet to choose your wings, you have 2 more days to choose, before being automatically assigned to Defence. I will make a note of those automatically assigned, and if they fail to post in this forum in the coming month, they will be removed from the fleet database.

As you were,

I think my comment was in relation to your point about cleaning out the fleet db at some point later. If Medievh is going inactive until he gets himself back online after moving, I would hope he wouldn't be removed since he had given us notice of his absence.

OK, I was referring to those who have yet to choose a wing, and Medivh has made his choice clear, he is in no danger of being removed from the fleet. I am of the opinion that anyone who has not posted in three months will be listed as MIA, another month after that and they will be removed from the database.

Commanders in doubt are:

Commander Guilherme

Commander Anavel Gato

Commander Brown

These Commanders have not posted at all in these forums. They have been listed as MIA and have one more month to post before being removed from the fleet database.

Commander Jerold Keenan has not chosen his wing, but he has posted in the last two months. He has been listed as inactive and I have PM'd him to advise me of his situation.

That is all for now.

Just for clarity, you saw that we had this discussion in the fleet db thread a little while ago? We listed a number of commanders who were MIA then and advised them to make themselves known if they were still here. You might check the datestamp on that discussion and see if you're satisfied with the consistency of their current status.

I forgot about that, thanks. Somehow Sesshomaru, Stanley M. Archer and Patrick Smith had been assigned to wings, the four above have not.

OK, taking into account the warning they have already had, Commanders

Patrick Smith

Sasshomaru

Stanley M. Archer

Guilherme

Anavel Gato

and Brown

have been removed from the fleet database. If they are truly interestedin taking part in the fleet, they can apply again. I'm still awaiting a response from Jerold Keenan before taking any action there. He has until the end of the month.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

And we are glad to have you

Congrats on your kill in the (turned out to be) unofficial fleet match, be sure to post all the times you are available online in the training thread.

• 1 month later...

Good evening, everybody!!!

I was just hired by Marc Wubemma and he send out an application. I look forward to the oncoming training lessons

Riddick

Please excuse, if my English is not so good

Hello there Riddick, and welcome to ISS Fleet.

Please update your signature accordingly:

quote:

Rank and Name

Ship name (Type), ISSHQ (Titan/Saturn) ÔÇ£ShipÔÇÖs motto (if you have one)ÔÇØ

Wing rank (if you have one) Wing name ÔÇô ISS Fleet

Animated Wing Logo (when they become available)

Know yourself - Know your enemy - Defend your homeworld (this is the official fleet motto)

Those new to the fleet and as yet unassigned to a wing should choose which wing they want to be assigned to. Failure to do so by the end of this month (plenty of time IMO) will result in you being automatically assigned to Defense.

Your choices are:

Defense Wing (protecting the Sol system from its enemies, both internal and external. Primarily combat and patrol operations, providing tactical support to other Galcom forces, but craft and personnel from Defense can be called upon by CIOPS for individual missions)

7th Orbital Marine Battalion (under the authority of Defense, but also supplies CIOPS with its permanent marine contingents, marines of every category and for every purpose come from here.)

52nd Elite Force Fighter Squadron (also under the authority of Defense. Supplies top-quality fighter pilots and fighter craft to ISS vessels, wings and installations)

CIOPS (GalcomÔÇÖs primary intelligence-gathering network, highly classified intelligence and counter-intelligence operations, often works in partnership with wraith fleet,)

For an example on how to do this can be found in other members signatures in this topic.

Welcome to the fleet, Commander Riddick! Please tell us what times you are available online so we can arrange training sessions for you (and update your signature, as Marc said