Fleet security clearance levels and rankings

Ben Zwycky

• 1 year later...

After ISS administration staff approved changes to our fleet charter that reward logistical and web support work for the fleet, Commander Rip's outstanding long-term web support and security work has earned him promotion to security clearance level 4, and he is hereby offered the position of CIOPS Director of Security, should he choose to accept it.

Congratulations, Commander Rip, about time someone noticed all you do, eh?

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

After ISS administration staff approved changes to
that reward logistical and web support work for the fleet, Commander Rip's outstanding long-term web support and security work has earned him promotion to security clearance level 4, and he is hereby offered the position of CIOPS Director of Security, should he choose to accept it.

Congratulations, Commander Rip, about time someone noticed all you do, eh?

Many thanks for the recognition and I proudly accept the appointment. I only wish I could do more and be more involved. Everyone will be happy I am sure to here that the AWA server is nearly ready.

That we are. Your new signature should read

CIOPS Director of Security - ISS Fleet

and the image in your signature should be CIOPSloop.gif and not Defenceloop.gif (it's in the same folder, so no need to touch anything else). We don't see enough of that animation here .

• 2 weeks later...

Well tried to properly update my Sig hopefully it comes out right. I'll clean it up a little more as time available improves, which it is starting to. Got the server all plugged up today and assigned it an IP in the datacenter. The IP is going to be 69.1.170.66 and my guys have AWA installed. Now I just need to figure out what updates and such I need download them and install. Then open ports and hopefully we will be ready to go. I have VNC installed on the box so in combination with opening a port for that or setting up VPN for a few people hopefully we can include a couple people in helping me adjust whatever we will need to on the box. IIRC you wanted to run in normal mode instead of dedicated server so I will probably have to run to the DC to start it but it is only 5 minutes down the road so that is no big deal. Now I need to get another copy for my machine. I think I will pass my UC on to a friend so with any luck it will result in another potential fleet member if he likes it.

From a secure location in an undisclosed solar system.

Rip out.

Will I be ok to go ahead and get the new version for my home system? I'm hoping only the server side matters. If not no big deal, I'll buy another full version of both. Always happy to contribute to SCs cause especially after all the headaches my GG/OO friends have caused him over the years.

Great news on the server, I've downloaded realVNC, but haven't installed it yet. Marc is an expert with that, another skill I'll should learn at some point.

The latest version for AWA is 1.00.16, so use the 'check for updates' link in the start menu for as many times as necessary to get it there . Dedicated server mode is fine, I thought I said that was what we wanted, we will need to reset the game from time to time to restore destroyed stations and save server chat logs etc, if that could be done via VNC, that would be ideal. We can discuss this over TS or IM if you like.

Sig is looking good

What you do with your home system is up to you. If you want to be able to play both AWA on your server and UCSE on the public servers, then you'll have to get the full versions.

Managed to register the game here today, but ran into a wal activating. Wouldn't do automatic. When I went to the website to do it manual it said invalid CD Key. I e-mailed [email protected] but haven't gotten a reply yet. Hopefully that means SC is too busy working on the next killer project. Figured I post in case one of you knows what stupid thing I am doing that prevents it from activating.

PS I wish people would quit using things like zeroes and the letter O not to mention B and eight in the keys/code. My old eyes can hardly ever tell the difference. I assumed all the round things in my CD key are Zeroes hopefully it won't turn out that some or all are the letter O.

Rip

Try copying and pasting into word, then changing the font or increasing the size and comparing them with a B and 8, O and 0, or copying, pasting and using those individual characters as letters in simple words, then running a spell check on them, that'll tell you whether they are letters or numbers.

I'm pretty sure I got it right. Wouldn't it have given me an error registering here if the key was wrong. Anyway sent another e-mail to the support address but no response yet. I guess I could make a post in the tech support forum and see if that helps. I'll do that tonight if I don't here anything.

don't go spamming their inbox. Make sure the name of the game is in the subject field of the email or it gets rejected by their spam filter. It's all in the thread for getting new CD-keys here

OK, in case anyone was following along. The key problem was because I was reading one from the sleeve instead of the one in the e-mail sent by BMT Micro. All activated now. All we have to do is get it setup for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the fleet AWA server is now up and running 24/7.

In other news Commander Prez has been promoted to level 4 security clearance for his long-term dedication and contribution to the fleet and positive contribution to the community as a whole. He has acted with honour and integrity and I am very glad to be able to promote him in this way.

Congratulations, Commander Prez, may you serve well in your new reponsibilities (I know you will)

• 3 months later...

After reactivating his training program, Commander Matt Buckley has been promoted to Level 3 Security clearance and added to the ISS Fleet Fleet Action multiplayer team.

Congratualtions, Commander Buckley, may many an enemy of Galcom fall to your guns