2005 Season

Ben Zwycky

OK, the new season is upon us, and the fleet match time is a whole lot more flexible, so everyone post all the possible times you can be online to compete, so we can determine when we can put together a valid team.

put all your times in GMT for ease of understanding

I can make 1800-2100 GMT any weekday, 0800-2100 GMT on Saturdays, 0800-1500 and 1830-2100 GMT Sundays, except where arranged social events intervene (unpredictable) but I need at least 48 hours warning to arrange things for playing outside the 1830-2100 window.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can make Mon-Thurs from 2300 - 2900 GMT, Friday from 2300 - 0800 (Saturday), Saterday from 1700 - 0800 (technically Sunday morning), and Sunday from 1700 - 2900.

Yowzers, that was a pain to change to the correct time format.

I can probably make M-F from about 2400 (6pm Central) to about 0400 (10pm Central), or Weekends from about 2pm GMT (8am Central) to...as late as is reasonable. Out of these times, I'm available, but being a married man whose work life doesn't stay at work (I'm a teacher) I can probably stay for at most 2-3 hours per practice or match.

Also, Omega (Krasus) has been updated in the ISS Fleet Forums so that he's got lvl 1 access, but I really think our own ISS members start at lvl 3 don't they? At least lvl 2 as cadets, lvl 3 when they get cleared for full command, and lvl 4 as veterans (at 3+ kills, or so I'd thought).

Do you want me to boost his access?

Patience paid off. The DSL company I was going to apply to today just started a special offer- 12 month contract at 1024/256 DSL for 890Kc(40$)/month and reduced setup costs. I applied.

I have my new monitor and desk, should have the new computer by the end of the week.

Bring on the battle

Yeah, well the DSL will be set up and activated sometime within the next 10-15 days, what with demand for new connections and all, but that'll still be in time for the start of the season. Beware all our enemies. I see that You guys are all signed up on the team(we're the only team with more than one member listed)

OK, so that's all of us from 1830-2100 GMT on Weekends and you three from midnight to 4am GMT Weekdays. That's pretty flexible, I'd say.

If this other thing works out we may be able to make some other weekday times with a valid team (me and one other guy, who I'm working on)

ISS is getting ready to rumble!!!!

[ 01-11-2005, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

All four of us are on the GALCOM.Net team registry, and I've been working a little with Omega to get him up to speed. He's got a good rig and is coming along quickly. I've still got to bump him up to L2, but he's absorbing ISS' tactical philosophy quickly and already knows what he needs to know about maneuvering and fighting his ship.

When are we practicing next?

That'll be this Saturday from 1830. Good work, Zane. If you can get some practise in with Omega on mp before then, then we can get him up to Level 3 very quickly, and we can start on some new level 3 stuff I've been working on (and a little level 4 for you). I noticed your impressive after action report from a month back. If you have any fp tricks to share, then put them in an L3 doc and we'll see if we can practise them sometime.

What's happened to the logos? I can't see them.

btw, Rip, you need to update your profile (or at least put the link in your sig to your UC profile)

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

btw, Rip, you need to update your profile (or at least put the link in your sig to your UC profile)

I must be slow or something. I don't see how to make it select my newer registration profile(s) I've registered and entered 2 different copies of UC, but it still shows my BCM stuff.

I was referring to the sig logos. Strange.

Rip, it gives you a different id no. for the new profile. You knew that, didn't you?

Anyway, if we had our own fleet mp server (a max. 4 players one would be enough for most purposes, a max 8 players one would be wonderful) we could do all this classified training without the chance of someone spying on us, but maybe that's asking a bit much.

I can always dream

So how can I see what all my ID #s are?

I don't see why we can't have our own MP server at some point. I mean I have everything but the server itself. I'll have to see about setting something up.

woo-hoo! woo-hoo! woo-hoo! woo-hoo! woo-hoo!

:ahem:

nice to hear

If you go to www.3000ad.com/register and login, view profile it'll tell you the ID(it's at the end of the url) or you can update that profile to reflect your current system

Some of my tricks didn't work because my computer was going really slow. I realise now that I had the second monitor connected I also made some pretty basic tactical errors when I was taking you and Krasus on at once, hence my demise.

We'll have to practice that 2 on 1 again next Saturday, and I'll try and do better.

I still have some more little tricks to share, Zane, some of which I mentioned in passing at the session.

Did you get my email, Nick? I didn't get a reply from you. Post the times when you are available to be on-line and we can organise some training for you. (You and I should be able to meet up sometime at least, since we're in the same time zone.)