2005 Season

Ben Zwycky

Well, apparently our local exchange is overloaded and can only support 256/64, and the data in only unlimited in theory, in practice is 2GB/month, and if you go over that they slow your connection down to dial-up speed for the rest of the month and the same number of days in the month after. Also, because our application was for a higher speed, we have to cancel it and start the whole process over again (meaning another 10-15 days from now). So much for freedom of movement, bah. Also the new computer is delayed because they were out of stock of LG DVD-writers, but thatÔÇÖll be ready in a week (on Thursday was the last estimate), but itÔÇÖll be a little more powerful than I initially planned (Athlon 64 3500+, 4x512MB memory, 2x120GB 7,200 NCQ disks on raid 0, nice stuff like that ) thanks to progress and patience.

Until the ADSL arrives, IÔÇÖll still be playing mp on the old comp.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

OK, with Damier and Neeja, who I'll be meeting up with tomorrow (and possibly Rip) becoming active (again), we have in theory enough commanders for a second ISS team. I propose creating a team CIOPS at Galcom HQ. So am I right in my assumption that you three will be able to compete regularly in fleet matches? We will also need to decide who goes in which team- We will be able to substitute playersd between the teams as needed, so this is not written in stone. We should have a mix of experienced and less-experienced commanders in each team, and if we create a second ISS team, we should probably create a second AAE team, if people are willing, but that might not be necessary.

Any ISS member having problems creating an account at Galcom HQ or joining one of our teams should post here so the problem can be quickly fixed. Only 2 more days 'til season start

OK, I've sent out invites to Rip and Damier, Rip has accepted, but he's pretty busy until the summer. Damier's work was a problem last year, so they're both alternates for the time being.

My neighbour is coming back this evening, so no more using his CDMA connection (I've used it about three times as much as he does in a month in the week I've borrowed it)

But we have ordered our own 150/150 WiFi connection and had our order confirmed, but have yet to hear from their enginneers about an installation date, so I'm back to pay-per minute dial-up from tomorrow , but I should be pretty unlikely to go over our 13 free off-peak hours before we get our new connection (I hope)

Until then, I'll be limited to email, reading threads offline and actual fleet matches (with maybe a training session thrown in somewhere)

Everybody with Level 3 access and above in the fleet should check out the ISS forums, as there have been some updates (and I hope to do a couple more updates today)

OK, survey was successful, and it'll be a guaranteed 150/150 with low lag installed sometime next week, so after the first match ON SUNDAY, everyone, I'll be readier to rumble anytime.

It should have been an official match, but the other team didn't have enough people, so we had an unofficial deathmatch-type engagement, and the other team forfeited as far as scoring in the league table was concerned.

Check your PM.

OK, I need everyone in ISS who wants to take part in multiplayer this year to be registered at Galcom HQ

Use your Commander Name as your username there.

We're going to create a second ISS team (team CIOPS) and reorganise team members according to their wings.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maximus

I can play from 5:00P.M central time to 9:00P.M

(I believe that would be 2300-0400 GMT) and I can play anytime on weekends.