ISS fleet log files revisited

Ben Zwycky

OK, I am now officially reinstating fleet log files. They are optional, but they gain you EPÔÇÖs (see the fleet rankings thread for details. They can be in the form of mini after action reports or simple updates on whatÔÇÖs been happening in your current sp game, or mini rp posts (making up a little adventure in the bc universe)

It doesnÔÇÖt have to be anything long, an example is given in the next post

Fleet LeaderÔÇÖs log

17:59 24th January, 3015

There has been a lull in enemy activity in recent weeks, some say as a result of post-Christmas hangovers, so I have been taking the opportunity to train up fleet staff along with a new recruit by the name of Krasus, who has impressed me with his progress so far. We have four very able and well-trained commanders now, and four command positions no, too early for that. Theyll have to earn it in the real world. I cant help but be proud of how far weve come since the big shake-up, and look forward to meeting the challenges that will no doubt come, well see how they perform in combat, but dare I say its looking good.

End log

• 2 weeks later...

Fleet LeaderÔÇÖs log

20:59 2nd February, 3015

Everything is still quiet, itÔÇÖs making me nervous. Anyway, we received an intersting package from Galcom research, an improved radar system that is supposedly an order of magnitude more precise and responsive than our current systems, especially in a high-stress environment. IÔÇÖll believe manufacturerÔÇÖs claims when I see it for myself, butweÔÇÖre running it through itÔÇÖs paces as we speak and if it works half as well as they claim, it will be a very welcome improvement.

Fleet LeaderÔÇÖs Log, Additional

21:58, 2nd February, 3015

Bad news. It seems the Insurgents had an inside man in Galcom labs and have the new radar too. So much for our new-found advantage. Still, itll make things more interesting should some action come our way

End log

come on guys, it doesn't have to be anything very long, you can do it!

Commanders Log

00:43 (Earth Standard), February 3rd, 3015

Things have been awfully slow out here on patrol. I finally get my command and what happens? I am sent out to monitor and report Insurgent activity in the Saturn sector. Then, when Fleet Leader Zwycky requests my presence at a training exercise, we detect irregularities in the reactor and I had to cancel. At least we got some new software upgrades, they are supposed to increase processing speed drastically, but you never know with this stuff; the last ÔÇ£upgradesÔÇØ made TACOPS have the resolution of a chessboard. Well, sounds like IÔÇÖm needed on the bridge, an unregistered transport or something. End log.

Commanders Log

01:30 , February 3rd, 3015

Continued monitoring of GALCOM communications digging for insurgent spies. Hit count increasing by thousands daily. These thing are like roaches.

Forwarding to CIOPS headquarters for action teams to be dispatched. Sure hope we catch an assignment to deliver a little justice to a few of them.

End Log

Personal log...

Just received a copy of my tactical performance evals. Really got humiliated in the first scenario. Second went well. Last scenario saved my butt. Every once in a while my aggresiveness pays off. I passed that is all that matters. After hearing the Fleet Commanders sigh during the first scenario, just passing was a miracle. Hell next thing you know I'll get promoted. That'll take another miracle.

Off to the Officers Lounge.

End log.

Fleet LeaderÔÇÖs log

21:24 10th February, 3015

Well, after ironing out a few initial kinks the new radar is a vast improvement and I look forward to putting it through its paces under more trying conditions at the next training session.

The SvobodaÔÇÖs new mainframe and bridgeviewer has arrived and in simulations its performance is a quantum leap ahead of its predecessor. Unfortunately its high bandwidth radar link is still a couple of weeks away and there are some heat issues with the viewer, so weÔÇÖre still stuck with the old system, reliable as it is. Once all these technicalities are sorted out I see good times ahead.

End log

check the system specs

from now on Commander's logs should be made at the fleet website in the 'Ship's Logs' section (link is in the left hand module column menu) Ship's LogsOnly registered members of the forum can post them and they should be written in html format to display properly.