Team CIOPS fleet match co-ordination

Ben Zwycky

OK, now we have a team CIOPS, we need all team members to put their timetables together and decide what times you can put together a valid team for issuing and accepting challenges, and when you will need substitutes from team Praetorian.

Get on it!

Guys???

How much to I need to hassle you to come up with the times you can all make?

This is the last full weekend of the month, and team CIOPS has yet to make any challenges. We just MIGHT get away with it this month since the team was only formed halfway through the month, but you will definitely need to get your act together by the start of next month.

Rip, Krasus and Zane, post the times you can generally make in this thread, and be specific, use time ranges GMT (or Central Time if you must), that way it becomes much easier to organise things.

These times don't have to be written in stone, if you can't make it on a particular day or your schedule changes, that's no problem as long as you tell us beforehand or soon after your timetable change. Then we can maybe work out a substitution or move your challenge(s) to a different time, but we need to have something to work with.

From the 2005 season thread,

Rip and Zane are generally available from

6pm to 10pm Central time (2300-0300 GMT) Monday to Friday and

in the period 2pm-10pm Central Time (1700-2700 GMT) at Weekends

Krasus is available from

5pm-11pm Central Time (2200-2800 GMT) Monday to Thursday,

5pm-12pm Central Time (2200-2900 GMT)on Fridays,

11am-12pm Central Time (1600-2900 GMT) on Saturdays and

11am-11pm Central Time (1600-2800 GMT) on Sundays.

This would make team CIOPS (in theory) available to make and receive challenges in the following periods:

6pm to 10pm Central time (2300-0300 GMT) Monday to Friday and

2pm-10pm Central Time (1700-2700 GMT) at Weekends

Are these individual times still valid? If not, please tell us your actual availablity in this thread as soon as you read it. Also, if I have calculated GMT relative to Central Time incorrectly (I have assumed GMT-5 with daylight saving time in force), please correct me.

If these times are still valid, then you can start issuing some challenges to Teams Spectre and Balor Fleet accordingly.

That is good for me in general. Although sometimes things come up. as today I am off to fix a down network. I still expect to be home in 5 hours or so, but have still not applied patches and installed TS2 on my new system.

Have to run, will be back in a few hours.

Sorry boss, that was my ball to drop, I've had kind of a busy week. I've PM'd Gavin, and Krasus and I are in pretty regular touch, so I think we're generally in good shape.

Perhaps I missed something though, what's this about having a mandatory number of challenges per month?

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

you have to play at least two matches per month, or face a penalty. It's all in the handbook.

I just went over rev 6 of the handbook, but I didn't see it. Can you give me a page number where it says that?

version 7, page 3, section II 1.c

"All fleets must participate in a minimum of two (2) matches and no more than four (4) matches a month to remain in League competition."

Might I suggest challenging team Spectre first, as they still haven't played their minimum two matches this month. I've PM'd Remo to ask him when they're generally available.

Good idea. CIOPS team members, you up to a match with Spectre next weekend? That way we can at least get one match in before the month's out, and I imagine that's not too bad given that we only just got our second team organized in the middle of the month.

Sound off commanders, Team CIOPS is generally composed of people from the United States timezones, and is organized as such to facilitate practices and matches. Hopefully then we can all get coordinated easily and get ISS' second team off to a good start!

Is Jack Decker interested in joining Team CIOPS at GALCOM.net?

Spectre is available at the following times, in theory:

quote:

We are available during the week in the evenings of the USA time zones, and on weekends. so it would be something like this.

Monday - Friday 1:00 AM GMT - 4:00 AM GMT

Saturday - Sunday 5:00 PM GMT - 9:00 PM GMT

new month, new start. Krasus is back, we assume, and we know Rip and Zane's availablity times, so CIOPS can start making some challenges.

Damier, when exactly are you available? With the way things seem to be working out with Praetorian (evenings GMT), you don't really fit in there anymore. Can you make any of the times listed above?

Jack Decker is generally online from 12-3 Central time every day, which perfectly fits in with Praetorian (me and Marc meet up with him most evenings), hence his membership there, but he's available at other times, too, so he could be a good sub for team CIOPS, subject to confirmation, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Team CIOPS has challenged Spectre Fleet this Sunday at 1pm CST. (I'm assuming that's CST, there wasn't a timezone on the challenge screen at galcom hq).

As it stands, CIOPS consists of me, Krasus, Gavin Sykes, Rip, and who else? Let me know what times you can make guys, I figured we can put together at least two people at that time.

Let's make a go of it commanders, if we win, we're second in the league to our brothers in the Praetorian Fleet. I'd like to see us have a "cross town" fleet match at the end of the year so ISS can lock up the season once again.

Team CIOPS Report in.

All challenges made using the ladder are GMT.

Maybe you'll need to readjust that challenge

Praetorian is playing Spectre at 6.30PM GMT (1.30 Central Time*), so reissue your challenge for 8PM GMT (3PM Central Time*) for this Sunday, so it can be held straight afterwards, since you guys should be able to make later times more easily.

*now that daylight saving time is in force.

I haven't heard from Gavin Sykes for a while, he registered at Galcom HQ and I invited him into team CIOPS, but he never accepted (after 3 weeks I cancelled the invite).

Maximus is officially a member of CIOPS, but, like Sykes, has not been to any training sessions yet. I usually require at least graduation from command school (ideally at least one more session after that, the more the better) before releasing a commander into the wild black yonder of a fleet match.

Jack Decker could also substitute, as he is very close to your time zone (if not in it), and has earned level 4 clearance (his AAE is currently 6th in the individual standings, so he's a good man to have available as a backup).

Oh, and btw, CIOPS would be second behind team Demolition should they win. Team Praetorian would be tied third with Balor

Also, if you schedule the match at a time me or Marc can make, you'll be all set

sounds good, but that's possibly a little late for me, depending on how quickly we transition from one match to the other. I'm sure Jack and Marc can make that, and I possibly can. As for Rip, I've emailed him about it, so we'll see.

edit- I heard from him, he says he might be able to be there, which would be good.

[ 05-14-2005, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Ben Zwycky ]

• 2 weeks later...

So how ready is CIOPS for the coming weekend (28th/29th)? Let's try to get at least one match in for you guys this month.

Would 2000GMT on Sunday 5th May be acceptable for team CIOPS? If I don't hear from you by Wednesday I'm going to issue it anyway (alternate time being exactly 1 week later than that)