BCM Demo Episode One release imminent

Supreme Cmdr

The demo would have been released tonite, but VE are having some server problems. I gave them a 24hr exclusive, so am not going to release the demo to anyone else until they do. I have been advised that the server should be fixed by tomorrow.

At any rate, I have upload the demo read me file for your perusal.

Beta testers are permitted to provide assistant, hints, tips etc, as they pertain to the demo and its operation - NOTHING else. If its not in the demo, don't discuss it.

The demo is based on the 2.2.09.01 Beta kernel. I will be releasing both demo scenarios to the Beta team sometime tomorrow, so that there is not need for you Beta folks to download the demo just play those unique scenarios and provide hints and tips for them.

If you are in the Beta team and posting in this thread, you absolutely MUST ensure that your sig reflects your appropriate signature. There is a specific format for my internal testing team, and one for the external (those picked from the public) Beta team. If you external guys haven't been using it, now is the time. It looks like this: When in doubt, look at someone else's.

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

Moderators, admins, CAT, show NO MERCY to disruptors or off-topic posters. Just delete posts, delete profiles, ban posters etc. In short, shoot first, don't ask questions later.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-13-2001).]

Guest MoonFog

Can i say anything else but THANKS! smile.gif

waited for this demo since last week when i ended my everquest life. I have been playing for like 2 years, so i hope to "abuse" BCM or GCO about the same time or more wink.gif

-Moonfog

SC is downloading them to fileplanet, should be up early this afternoon, never let it be said that the SC never did anything for you!!

It looks like he thought long and hard before he decided to download those demos to Fileplanet, and I'm glad he made that decision. It was reaching critical mass!! lol

Spoke too soon, he is talking to Fileplanet, he is uploading to 24.29.14.127, so get it there!! Good luck to you!! lol

cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath (Mars)

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

ICQ# 24007233

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium

[This message has been edited by Jaguar (edited 03-16-2001).]

Some FTP sites where you can get the BCM demo note that there are two versions. 88MB and a 166MB.

There are two versions of this demo. The LOW CONTENT version and the HIGH CONTENT version.

Other than an added number of sound and voice effects, higher resolution space environment

textures etc, both version use the SAME code kernel and have the SAME scenarios.

If if are on a slow download pipe, you should download the LC version.

A these sites the BCM demo is already available.

BCM DEMO LC_VERSION (88MB)

HC_VERSION (166MB)

ftp://63.118.152.236

www.demonews.com

These sites will have the BCM demo available today or tomorrow.

http://www.voodooextreme.com/

http://www.3dfiles.com/

http://www.3ddownloads.com/

http://www.fileplanet.com

Have fun! i know i have smile.gif

------------------

Mano Faber

GCV Aegis

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Mano Faber (edited 03-16-2001).]

Guest Avinus

I'll say. Only took me about 12 minutes to grab the HC version. Lovely little site its on there. This insurgent can't wait to start checking it out!!!

Avinus

Insurgent-at-Large

[This message has been edited by Avinus (edited 03-17-2001).]

quote:

I'll say. Only took me about 12 minutes to grab the HC version. Lovely little site its on there. This insurgent can't wait to start checking it out!!!

Avinus

Insurgent-at-Large

Hey, Insurgent. Sign in to the Fleet Database, head over to the Insurgent Forum, and update your signature, or quit calling yourself an Insurgent. wink.gif

Welcome aboard. Welcome to our nightmare. biggrin.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid, Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

Just for fun, I am downloading the demo from that 216.105.162.20 site that SC stated above.

It was like I pressed the accelerator on my car, it just went faster and faster, and faster, at 46kbs and still going up!!

Too cool SC, that is a killer site to download from!!!!

High content version of course!! cwm1.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath (Mars)

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

ICQ# 24007233

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium

Okay, since this topic won't be valid any longer, CLOSE THIS THREAD.

Also, I would like to end this topic off with this question (which will eventually start the episode 2 release thread):

So, when can we expect the 2nd Episode Demo? Possibly 10 days +/- 3days (my best guess, since the final game is expected May 7, and we're going up to Demo Episode 6, released around the same time as the game)????

Well, E2 will have the new terrain engine, and will be based on the latest Beta build at the time of release. I forgot the career on it, but that's okay. Hope to see it soon!

------------------

Commander Alec Nova (Terran/Mercenary)

UCV Dark Outlaw (SpaceStar Class), Pixan Raider Starstation (Lennen)

-Independent Outlaw/Mercenary/Assasin For Hire

Will take most jobs from Covert-Ops, and Assasination,

to Recon, Trading, and Security Detail. "Always want a challenge....."

"To me, luck is useless in life; especially if you've

got a bigger gun than the guy next to you."