Video Problems - Tech Support

aramike

Speaking of which. I keep forgetting to update the product page to reflect a PIII minimum spec to run the game. Its not like any hardcore BC gamer (not that I'm in the least interested in any other kind) is going to be running a PII 450 (the max PII speed, I think) box, anyway.

Archivian, its going to take nothing short of an excorcism, to get that machine to run the final version of BCM, let alone the debug demo build.

As for the Blue highlighting on the V3-2K card, its a driver issue. Nothing I can do about it.

Time to upgrade bud - IF - you want to play this game.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-27-2001).]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Archiveian

Thanks for your help everyone. I followed most of your suggestions, except I didn't visit tmanufacturer websites for upadates/patches. No improvements so far, but the game is playable(after I set display to 16 bit). The biggest problem now is thta I can't restore. I will keep checking the forum to see if anyone has a fix for that because I don't want to start all over every time I die. Oh yeah, and for some reason the shortcut doesn't work. I can live with that. Just thought I would mention it.

Thanks again. I'm off to play. I'll contact tech support when I get the full version.

A.

Yeah, I know. The save game thing really sucks when you can't restore and/or resume the game. Answers, SC?

cwm43.gif

------------------

Commander Alec Nova (Terran/Mercenary)

UCV Dark Outlaw (Modified SpaceStar Class Ship)

"To me, luck is useless in life; especially if you've

got a bigger gun than the guy next to you."

ai don't believe you can save/restore IA scenarios

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

I have a voodoo 3. Updated to the 1.7 drives and under the driver version it reads 4.12.01.0666 is this the correct drives or whats going on? If someone else has a voodoo3 card and 1.7 update, could you please check what it reads under your driver version. The reason I am asking is because before it read 4.12.01.1268 and now it looks like I downgraded the drives instead of upgraded them.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Yeah, I know. The save game thing really sucks when you can't restore and/or resume the game. Answers, SC?

Simple: If a demo doesn't have some limitations, then there is no reason to get the full version. Afterall, demos are really only teasers. Rest assured, however, that something as basic as Save/Restore will function exactly as intended in the full version.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!

Official BCM Beta Tester Team-5 Co-Leader

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 03-28-2001).]

quote:

I'll contact tech support when I get the full version.

...not with that rig you won't.

And the only available options on the main menu, are the Instant Action and Configuration options.

Apart from that, you can't save/restore IA/TA scenarios either.

Soback

I have a Voodoo 3, and that's the driver version I have too (x.xx.xx.0666). I'm using version 1.07 and generally everything runs fine. I wouldn't bother worrying, 3dfx is out of business, there will be no more driver releases, there is no way to get the 1.06 driver. Relax and enjoy.

[This message has been edited by Kush (edited 03-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kush (edited 03-28-2001).]

Guest PeteyG

Howdy guys. I've been having some troubles with getting the demo to run.

My specs are:

PIII 600

128 Megs RAM

32 Meg TNT2 Ultra (with the Detonator .0650 version drivers)

SB Live! value

Windows 98, 2nd Edition

7 gigs free HD space

1. I disabled the Z-buffer option

2. My DirectX version is 8.0

3. My BIOS don't contain a 'Video BIOS Shadowing' option, although it does have some kind of Palette Snooping option, which is not active.

When launched, the demo will display a black rectangle (where the fabled AVI goes, I am guessing) surrounded by messy splashes of funky graphics. Then, it goes to another screen of some sort, also covered with funny graphics, and plays a couple seconds of music, then stops and freezes. Sometimes, Windows will kill the program, but other times it just freezes there for an eternity (okay, okay, I haven't actually left it going for an eternity, but it's a fairly safe bet).

So it seems, even after following the three tips I found here, I'm still unable to play. Which is really too bad.

Guest PeteyG

Wait a second... I'm confused. I believe I read somewhere that Detonator drivers (of the proper version) were A-okay, and then I think I read somewhere else that Detonator drivers were NOT okay.

So could this be the whole root of my problem, me having Detonator drivers?

Personally I've used version 650 and had no problems.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

Spectre Fleet

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

Guest PeteyG

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Personally I've used version 650 and had no problems.

Blast! I guess I have no clue as to what the problem is then. Thanks, though, Eclipse.

Just cause they work for me doesn't mean that they aren't causing your problem. go ahead and give a few other versions a shot, see if it helps.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

Spectre Fleet

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

• 2 weeks later...

When I get into the demo, after loading, everything is all the same texture, greenish dots, , the dots make everything look the same, also all of the icons in the game are diffrent, even after reinstall the same thing happens, I have tried the game on my brother's computer with the same files (Copying the files from my hardrive to his computer over the net work) and it worked perfectly no problems. The game used to work fine...

Celeron 366 MMX

64 Ram

Windows 98 4.10.1998

2gb of free space

(HELP!)

[ 04-11-2001: Message edited by: Baloogan ]

Guest Remo Williams

hmmm! Very interesting I'm using almost the exact same v-card without any problems, except mine has 8mb sdram. Are you using the latest drivers from ATI v.4.11.2560. I had a simular problem before I updated my v-card drivers. Hope this helps.

[ 04-12-2001: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

Guest neo_dreamworld

I have a problem when i try to load the game, it changes resolution and then quits back to the desktop with no errors.

No i have tried switching off the video shadowing in the bios and z buffering in vid options, plus using detonator 6.50 drivers instead of new version which i also tried(spec below)

Celeron 550

256mb ram

3d prophet mx2 geforce2 with detonator 6.50

Tft 15"

Directx 8a

Can someone please help as i really want to so this game, just sounds like the game i have been looking for.

PS. Can you fly your ship and re-enter into a planets atmosphere?

Thanks.