Ok, first off, here are my specs

PIII 550 w/ 100Mhz Sytem Bus

192 MB RAM

Sound Blaster PCI512 Sound Card

9 GB Hard Drive

Using Win98 w/ DirX 8

3d Blaster Annihilator 2 Video card, uses

GeForce 2 GTS Rev chip with 64 Mb DDR

Now the problem, whenever i start the program, my hard drive will load and my screen will go black for about a second, then im immediatly back to windows. I tried adjusting my desktop settings to 1024x768x16 to make sure it wasnt the resolution problem. Its the High Content Demo and i downloaded it from ZDnet. The BCStudio works, the ships look absolutely fantastic

Thanks for any help, i cant wait to get this thing running.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC, sorry to ask again, but what part of the Video Card FAQ? Im really not that great w/ tech problems, so the whole thing is kinda confusing. Does my problem have to do w/ the BIOS or the nVidia board? Im running the latest drivers also. Im real sorry, and id really appreciate if someone helped me out with his, im new to this type of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

After looking through the forum, I see no one else has had the same problem as me...

I have to say first, my BCM Demo works fine and that my drivers are up to date. However...

I cannot run the game in 16 bit mode at all. The title screen flickers between black and some garbled colors, and I can only see the blue glow behind the options on the screen. Second, when I play in-game, 3D objects have a TON of see-thru and jagged edges.

With 32 bit, these problems go away.

System Specs:

Pentium Celeron 488 (over-clocked)

STB Velocity 4400 16MB (Nvidia w/ Detonator)

196 MB RAM

I think that covers it... and this problem has nothing to do with the Z-buffer... I already fixed that.

I also realize that this demo is still only the beta. If the SC sees this, I hope you can fix this for others.

[ 05-16-2001: Message edited by: Delgard ]

Guest capitalIan

I think this is a vid problem

I have an athalon 700MHZ with 128 Mb of pc133 ram and run win98se along with a voodoo banshee 16 mb vid card

I have horrible fps rates and I don't get an actual picture untill I select a menu or are in the game. I plan on buying a new vid card tommorow (Geforce 2 or 3) do you think that the vid card is the problem?

and yes I read that the card isn't supported so I am pretty certain that the card is the problem

Guest capitalIan

I was wrong, the card handles the demo great!!! Someone else changed my desktop colors to 32 bit and I changed it back and the game is as smooth and visually appealing as promised

Guest capitalIan

thats what I figured, but I want to try to last long enough for the Geforce 3 to drop a little in price

Nothing else on the market comes close and I don't want to upgrade (again) next year

but if the game is to slow or crappy with this card a Geforce two will be installed ASAP