cloaked ships

skydiver

quote:

Originally posted by skydiver:

Why is it that cloaked ships can stay cloaked, it seems indefinitely.

Any ship (with a cloaking device of course) can remain cloaked until the Iridium runs dry. With enough Iridium, a ship can remain cloaked for days. Most cloaked NPC ships remain that way regardless of the deleterious effect upon their crew.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!

Official BCM Beta Tester Team-5 Co-Leader

The do eventually uncloak. Played hide and seek with an NPC carrier for about 1/2 an hour till i finally got a fix on his location long enough to pummel him with my main guns.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

It depends on the AI of the NPC in control of the ship. But they do cloak/decloak at will.

My point was that the only absolute cause of a ship decloaking is lack of Iridium, player or NPC. Depending upon the agenda/needs of the cloaked individuals, they may stay cloaked longer than is safe. My opinion is that NPCs generally remain cloaked longer than I would under the same circumstances and that I attribute that to my caring more for the welfare of my crew wink.gif. As with all things related to the AI of BCM, YMMV. After all it has a mind of its own!

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!

Official BCM Beta Tester Team-5 Co-Leader

[This message has been edited by Tyrn (edited 04-06-2001).]

• 1 month later...
Guest Issaqua
Pah, stay cloaked as long as you need to - so what if the crew grow some extra arms? They'll just be able to work harder.

If I wanted to use Yellow on Blue as the primary text on the forum, I'd use a new style sheet.

Please STOP using Yellow and stick with the standard text color - unless you are accenting something. It hurts my eyes when abused.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

If I wanted to use Yellow on Blue as the primary text on the forum, I'd use a new style sheet.

Please STOP using Yellow and stick with the standard text color - unless you are accenting something. It hurts my eyes when abused.

Amen.