Debug assertion failed!

Epsilon 5

When I play on a friend's computer, I randomly come with this odd error.

quote:

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug library

Debug assertion failed!

Program D:BCMBCM.exe

File: fprint.c

Line: 56

Expression: str != NULL

For information on how your program can cause an assertion

failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

[Abort] [Retry] [ignore]

Here comes the important system specs:

quote:

P3 533EB

192mb sdram pc-133

mtb asus A7V-something (?), intel chipset 820

ATI Rage fury MAXX 64mb

40gig hard-drive, 2gig free

Windows 98SE

When I press ignore, the computer freezes. When I press debug OR abort, the game exits, but the computer freezes seconds later.

It doesn't matter the ship I'm in or the mission I'm playing. It takes about 20 to 40 mins to crash. The res setting is 1024x768 in 32bits (in-game), while in 1152x??? 32bits in windows.

I was almost to the enemy station! Damn fleet C&C is fun!

Maybe he means the demo? (say it's the demo) By the way I have almoust the same computer and C++ and when I play Diablo 2 sometimes I get a similar message about the program trying to debug that game, my comp doesn's freeze though.

I had practically that same message myself. I find it happens after a certain period of time with the demo.

I assume it's a problem that only applies to the demo and not the full game.

(I'm lovin the graemlins)

LOL!!! I know you're not in the Beta E5, I guess my sarcasm didn't work.

That would be the normal response if you were in the Beta of course. Since its the demo....aw fergedit, my 'ead 'urts when I type, so am prolly not making any sense.

Try Hector's suggestion

quote:

I guess my sarcasm didn't work.

Really not. I would not think that a Supreme commander would make a "serious" joke to one of his subordinate.

Well, I'll start playing with the cmd line params

I hope the full game won't do that error, because I know some people will trow the game in the trash can seconds after

quote:

I hope the full game won't do that error, because I know some people will trow the game in the trash can seconds after

How can you even try to compare a 1st run demo, based on beta code, to a release version on the game?

Relax, chill, and wait patiently 'cause Episode 2 of the demo will blow you away

TTFN

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

That error was fixed by the SC as soon as it was discovered, so you won't find it again in future episodes or in the full game.

Just keep in mind that the demos are based on beta code. Heck, Episode I wasn't even compiler-optimized.

Ok, i worked. Thanks a lot.

Hey, I just noticed that the time compression was back. Firing the main gun at 8x is more than cool!

Kush, you're just like me! Right now I'm in need of a flight simulator. BCM will do the job until I can get Janes ATF-fighter anthology back.

quote:

Originally posted by skydiver:

Please what is this "/d1" command and where do you put it.

You need to look at the properties for the Demo short-cut and add "/d1" (minus the "") to the command-line. If you are unsure how to do this, contact me directly.

ICQ 85470286

[email protected]

quote:

Originally posted by skydiver:

Ok i'm sorry i think i have got it now you have got create a short cut from scratch and the /d1 option is placed outside the quotes

"demo command line" /d1

is this correct?.

Correct Cadet, you can also use 8.3 file name format sans the command line quotes:

c:progra~1somedi~1Demo.exe /d1 instead of

"c:program filessomedirectoryDemo.exe" /d1