I CANT PLAY

Guest neo_dreamworld

Guest neo_dreamworld

I have a problem when i try to load the game, it changes resolution and then quits back to the desktop with no errors.

Now i have tried switching off the video shadowing in the bios and z buffering in vid options, plus using detonator 6.50 drivers instead of new version which i also tried(spec below)

Celeron 550

256mb ram

3d prophet mx2 geforce2 with detonator 6.50

Tft 15"

Directx 8a

Can someone please help as i really want to play this game, just sounds like the game i have been looking for.

PS. Can you fly your ship and re-enter into a planets atmosphere?

Thanks.

Guest neo_dreamworld

When you do fly into a planets atmosphere is it realistic? and can you eject into space suit whilst re-entering?

i know i proberly sound silly but i always wanted to be able to do that in Klingon Academy, or Elite2 etc

Neo, you're going to have to wait for the next demo or the full game to know more about flying around planets.

Those testing the game right now are under an NDA, they can't talk about it, but based on my experiences with BC3K, being able to pilot your ship to a planet, command a shuttle to the surface, ride around in an ATV, mine for resources, travel to mountain tops to get a better view of an enemy position, is WAAAAAY better than anything you'll find in Klingon Academy or Star Fleet command, or anything else for that matter.

You are going to have to be patient however. Even the demo won't give the experience of the full game.

Guest neo_dreamworld

Thanks for the info.

Really looking forward to seeing it, however i can't even get the demo to run at all.

I also can't set the resolution of the game as it doesn't run, desktop is set as 1024 16bit colour, is this fine?

Regards

Neo

Guest neo_dreamworld

I went into the bcmconfig file and change the res the same as my desktop, Still same problem just flickers then returns to desktop. There must be something else i am missing as i have read about people with the exact same setup and they dont have a problem. (Is there anything else apart from Vid Shadowing in the bios i should check?)

Regards

Neo_Dreamworld

Guest neo_dreamworld

Thanks Epsilon 5

Still the same problem but now instead of flickering black screen then back to desktop, i get flicker with blocky graphics around the edge then quits back to desktop.

Sorry to be a pain with this.

Guest neo_dreamworld

Thanks everybody.

I got it going, downloaded the demo again for the 3rd time low content this tim, seems to be working now anyway, but i find it very hard to jump to locations, i set posistion and target and all i get is "unable to compute jump" it has worked sometimes.

Anyway thanks a lot for all your help.

PS. how do i eject into spacesuit or launch a shuttle with me in it?

Regards

Neo

• 5 weeks later...
Guest BillK

You know, I have this same problem. I click on the icon, the screen clears, the monitor clicks into a new video mode, then a second later drops back to the desktop.

Specs follow:

AMD 900Mhz (HP Pavilion)

Windows 98 Second Edition Version 4.10.2222 A

128MB RAM

RIVA TNT2 Pro, driver dated 12/4/2000 32MB

DirectX 8a

I read the FAQ and several threads on this board trying various things, including:

1.) Making sure the game resolution matches the desktop resolution (BCMCONFIG.INI)

2.) Trying both the /d1 and /w switches.

3.) I downloaded the large demo, then when that failed I downloaded the "lite" demo. That failed too. Same symptom

4.) My system BIOS doesn’t have any options for enabling or disabling shadowing, nor does my video have options for enabling/disabling shadowing, snooping or fast write

Very frustrating, because I know this game will be great. ANY help would be greatly appreciated to get the demo to run.

Will this be indicative of problems I’ll have, should I decide to buy the game in a few (I hope) weeks? That is, I know the demo is really stripped-down. Is it possible the demo won’t run on my computer, but the final game will?

quote:

Is it possible the demo won’t run on my computer, but the final game will?

No. If you can't run the demo, you won't be able to run the final game. So don't waste your money.

I see no reason why the demo won't run, unless you haven't actually read the BCM FAQ