4-axis Joystick?

Spuzzum

I know you support three-axis joysticks... that is, having pitch, yaw, and throttle.

But I was curious as to whether my brand-spanking new joystick's twist-handle can be used to control the roll of my ship.

So... is it possible?

(I can hack it, of course, by setting up Wingman Profiler to read those twists as keypresses, but it'd be nice to have built-in...)

I might add, brilliant job on the joystick support! It works flawlessly.

I also absolutely love the throttle maximum with the number keys. Prevents me from overshooting my target! And at the higher speeds, my throttle is very touchy, so it helps to set a maximum with the number keys and then to compensate for slower velocities.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Issaqua:

& can you put support for 6 axis in aswell?

6 axis? I think there's only a limit of 5 axes in modern technology;

On jet/propeller aircraft, 4 axes:

pitch (stick), yaw (rudder pedals), roll (stick), throttle (throttle control).

On helicopters, 5 axes:

main rotor collective pitch (collective pitch column), tail rotor throttle (rudder pedals), main rotor throttle (lever on collective pitch column), main rotor forward tilt (stick), main rotor sidewise tilt (stick).

I don't think it's possible to have six... then again, I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Issaqua

not 6 axis of movement, just 6 on tyhe joystick - two for the stick, throttle, rudder, and two rotary controllers. I use them for targetting usually, but I see your point, can't think of anything in the game to use them for.

quote:

The 6th axis allows you two fast forward through the space/time continuum.

Am I the only one that knows that??

Oh, OH! The 6th axis! I thought he said the 60th axis!

Hee hee.

I'm probably just confused about this, but in EP2, my joystick handles yaw / roll the same as in a flight sim. The rudder (twist) handles yaw, and the roll is handled via side to side movement. Is this the correct sequence, or have I done something odd to my config?

Thanks in advance,

Scarab

• 4 weeks later...

I agree, because at first I got used to the left and right of the joystick to be the yaw in E1. It seems to be easier to use in space, and then use the twist axis for the roll, IMO. And, Spuzzum did ask (and I quote), "I was curious (if).......my joystick's twist-handle can be used to control the roll of my ship."

I'd like twist for roll, too. I don't gripe as much as others do, and at least I make a good explanation for it, but this would help, because BC3K used the left-right axis as yaw, too, and all of us old BC3K users are used to it. My 2 cents.........