Radeon question

quote:

The fogging on ATI boards, breaks with every other driver release. This has been an on-going problem with the Radeon boards especially. So, expect some rendering oddities when on a planet or moon.

There are issues with the terrain detail level texturing. Until ATI fix their drivers, there is nothing that can be done

Try the /nd1 and /nd2 commandline options, which disable detail levels 1 and 2

If there's known issues with the demo, how come I have yet to see an entry for it here? ATI's known Radeon game issues

Or is the answer "because EP2 isn't out yet"? (I'd like to point out that there are game demos on this list too, e.g. "Oni")

Anyway, if there is an issue, you can bet I'll be writing up an incident report for ATI as soon as I see it myself. And I hope any other Radeon owners out there do too! Let's get ATI to notice us!

Any technical advice on what to mention in the report would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll just do the best I can...

Thnx

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: Joel Schultz ]

As of the latest Radeon beta driver release (you can find these under "unsupported/special purpose" drivers on ATI's page) all form of fogging were working. I had to enable one of them with RadeonTweaker 1.9 (can be found at sourceforge and rage3d) as some idiot forgot to make them the driver default but they all should work and do work with the configuration I'm using above.

I have a Radeon tweaker "Raid On 5.1" I think. Do you remember what that setting was? Thanks in advance.

Drat. I was so glad to be finally running retail drivers that could handle "Oni". Hm. I guess I'm in for another download. Wonder if it'll correct the Myst III tearing problem I've been having too...

But regardless, I'll still report EP2 to them anyway if the retail doesn't work. Try to give them crazy Canucks a little extra time to get their driver act together before BCM goes gold

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: Joel Schultz ]

I don't think Raid-on tweaker uses the same setting names as Radeon Tweaker does, I would just grab the newest radeontweaker (1.1.9) from their sourceforge page here. Best of luck with it! I recommend if you don't know what to turn on is to either read the little descriptions in the sidebar or go to the profiles tab and load up Optimal Quality & Preformance. There are about 4 different types of fog that you can turn on under the first directX tab. Soon you will be fogging like you never fogged before! (No this is not a men's enhancement slogan)