Voodoo 3 3500 Problem

Guest wynnfarm

Guest wynnfarm

I have had trouble with my Voodoo 3 3500 AGP card. When running the demo it is jumpy. I checked the frames per second (FPS) and it was only running between 2-6 fps. I have DirectX 8 (DX8). I then called 3Dfx tech. support and they said that the Voodoo 3 3500 does not support DX8. They told me that is why it is running so slow. They also told me that they are not developing any new drivers to support DX8. I am going to try to install DirectX 7 instead of 8 to see if it will work then. If you could offer any support I would appriciate it. Thanks. Please drop a line at [email protected] or [email protected]

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: wynnfarm ]

after reading the VCF, I noticed that support for the 3DFX Voodoo 3 4 and 5 is WIP. Of course I have 0 (zero) problems with my Voodoo 5. Double check the Version Control and see if it offers any suggestions.

Guest wynnfarm

I could not find any information about BCM in regard to the Voodoo 3 3500. If you know where I could look let me know exactly where it is. I get lost in all of these forums. Thanks.

Make sure that you screen resolution in the game is 16 and your desktop resolution is 16 also. I had the same problems in the begining and that was because my desktop resolution was 16 and game 32.

Guest wynnfarm

Yea, I thought about that one too. I changed them both the same 16 and 32. Nothing but low fps. I want this game so bad, but I am not going to buy it unless I can figure out this DAMN problem. Any other suggestions??

quote:

after reading the VCF, I noticed that support for the 3DFX Voodoo 3 4 and 5 is WIP

No its not. BCM requires DX8 drivers. NONE of the Voodoo cards supports DX8. As such, they are UNSUPPORTED and you use it at your own risk.

Demo Episode 1 supports both DX7 and DX8. Demo Episode 2 and higher, which use the final BCM kernel, are DX8 only.

Guest wynnfarm

If that is true I guess I am not going to purchase the game. Thanks for your help people. If anyone else has any ideas be sure to let me know. Thanks.

BC:M will probably be playable with voodoo cards although the graphics will suck. I have a voodoo 3 and I will be buying BC:M and then saving for a new 3d card, just can't wait that long enough to save for the 3d card first and the game later. Although better graphics is a BIG +, BC:M is more about the idea of the game itself. After all that's what separates it from the others out there.