BCM Episode 2 Release News

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(RP)

[watching tv]

"There's less than 5 minutes left....

Will Derek Smart come through big once again? Will the fanbases cries be answered???

Tune in next time, right here, on the Earth Entertainment Network!"

Nova throws remote at screen, but it bounces off (Soft lcd/plasma screen surface). He curses at the suspense.

(/rp)

Going to go check the readme, and some of the download sites for another few min, and going to sleep. What a long day.....

Update: CHECK THE TIME OF POST. Well, I didn't realize it yet, but my clocks off. I guess it's coming out on the 21st (today), instead. This is only one of few times Derek hasn't made his word. Must be another ftp or upload problem ala Episode 1 Demo - Voodoo Extreme style. I hope nothing's wrong Derek. I'm not one of those evil "bash the game dude" types, but I know a couple people who are. Good luck, and good night. I'll probably die of suspense while trying to sleep.

[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

How far back from GMT is the IDL again? Remember that Derek (and basically 3000ad) is based in Florida.

...sleepy....

If you think -snore- ISDN is slow, I've got a 56k that only runs less than 31k, because my security system -snore- seems to create some line noise (or at least that's the best official phone company explanation). -snore-

Hey, I downloaded the low content version of Episode 1 Demo overnight with DAP and my slow connection. I started at around 1:00am, went to sleep, and left the scheduler on to disconect at 9:00am, but at least it finished at around 7:30am. 6.5 hrs if you want to know. So, I woke up, ready to play, BCM, and now I want to do the same, but it's getting late, and I really have to sleep......

"Hey, I downloaded the low content version of Episode 1 Demo overnight with DAP and my slow connection. I started at around 1:00am, went to sleep, and left the scheduler on to disconect at 9:00am, but at least it finished at around 7:30am. 6.5 hrs if you want to know."

Now that true dedication...I wont wine about my isdn any more...

Guest Sky Roguen

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

How far back from GMT is the IDL again? Remember that Derek (and basically 3000ad) is based in Florida.

Umm, 12 hours

quote:

Quoting Me (Cmdr Nova) about that long E1 donwload:

Now that true dedication...I wont wine about my isdn any more...

Hey, remember that was only the LC demo. You know, I could pull a 2 night download for this one if it has a hc version. DOwnload, sleep, wake up, disconnect. Next night, repeat and complete download...... Now that would be true dedication.

I have only done that on 2 occasions. I wont tell you what the 1st is because it wasn't as good as BCM.

And any indies check thread Logos in the misc race/caste forum. Esp. you spuzzum, since you're the only other truly active ter/pol in the message boards.

im wondering if this second installment is a "stand alone demo" or are we going to just patch it over our existing BCM demos. I down loaded the "lite" demo too.... the final game will just look that much richer when we get it...

I agree with $lik. Remember that not all websites are based on the US Eastern Coast. I bet the demo file is out there, but SC is doing what $Lik said. No one wants the ftp problems that plagued the 1st 2 days of the released of Episode 1. SC doesn't either, I'm sure.

---

Um, we do have to wait until time itself crosses over the international date line, to be sure.

Around 7hrs, 20min. But I think my math's wrong. Anyone?

I guess this is our punishment for disobeying a direct order from SC.......

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Commander:

Whatever you do, don't camp my site, my email, my discussion forum or outside my house. Today lasts until midnight. :-).

Well, I think we should quit camping and just go on with our lives the rest of the day. There's always the night to do your dirty work. Also, when he said midnight, you see he didn't say where (what time zone).............