BCM Episode 2 Release News

*sigh*

Well everyone since SC hasn't posted yet, that probably means that he is getting it set up to release now. -You will notice that none of the mirror sites have updated yet today. Which means the demo may be ready to go but the sites are not - think about it. It won't be long now.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's many "him"s... let's gag 'em all!

Seriously, folks. Just sit, wait, be patient, and for God's sake eat your vegetables, dammit!

[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Spuzzum ]

Shut Up, everyone JUST SHUT UP< twitches nervously and looks over his shoulder > Shut up I said. (That's what happens when you sit in front of the computer for too long)

I see all of you disobeyed a direct order not to camp the site.

..but its OK, no court martials this time, since some of these posts are the most hilarious I've seen all week.

Anyway, some of you may recall that the last demo I did, was on exclusive to VE. TWO days after I sent them the demo, they couldn't post it, due to server problems, bandwidth issues etc. In the end, I had to yank the exclusive, get in touch with the File Planet guys, as well as my other buddies across the Net, to host it.

Problem #2 is that my bandwidth usage is bordering on ludicrous and as I've said before, there is NO way in hell that I am going to host my demos. With that in mind, the File Planet guys gave me access to their upload mirror last night, to which the demo was sent. The problem is that the other sites won't have a place to download the demo from because you now need to register over at the FP site, in order to download stuff. Don't forget too that BCM demo got about 30K downloads over on FP alone. So, I have every incentive to have it up there properly....without alienating my other friends in the e-media.

Then...Tim over at 3Dfiles.com informed me that their FTP upload is broken, so, I can't upload to them either. They'd have to download from me or elsewhere.

By 9.35pm, I was sitting on the demo, with it only going up to FP.

I continue to work on THE GAME, right up to 5.45am this morning. I went to bed and woke up at 8.15am.

As it stands, the demo has gone to several sites and Tucows will advise me when their mirrors are online.

Once I get at least two sites with the demo mirrors online, I will update the demo readme with the new links.

Just because you guys have waited so patiently (not), I will add an extra IA script to the E2 demo, for a total of 3. This one will be a Planetary Support Pilot in command of Hag, deep inside hostile territory. I will make this available as a separate script file download (about 10K) or if I have time, I will just repak the demo with the new script and re-upload to the mirror sites, before they go live.

Thanks for being patient. As you can see, it always pays to stick it out with me, no matter what the odds. Hang in there guys, you are going to LOVE this demo.

If you guys want to shoot the breeze, catch me on IRC. I'm on gamesnet in the #BCM room. I'll be in and out a lot, so don't expect me to be sitting here staring at it.

[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Baloogan, you lost me there. What link? The only link I found in his post is to the Readme file, and the download links there are to the hosting servers. And, what SC said above, the sites haven't been updated yet.

To anwser your question:

quote:

From the SC's Post
[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

He fixed the link, it went to files/something/yatida/somehting before

match sticks holding eyelids open broke at about 3.00 last night. Ran out of coffee. Thanks for the heads up SC

as in supreme commander

[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Falcon ]

I've been sitting at my computer lately looking for the demo news as well as other BCM stuff I think six things have happened:

1. My brain is fryed . . .

2. I cant feel my legs . . .

3. Absurd songs from napster playing over and over in my head . . .

4. I have lost my common sense . . .

5. WARNING WARNING core meltdown imminent ALL SYSTEMS FAILING . . .

6. I think my butt is stuck to the chair . . .

PS: yes I do have a life but this just really excites me beyond anything.