BCM Episode 2 demo - What I think

1. Thats because its not a problem. Look again. Besides, I don't even think that VTOL change was in the kernel used by the E2 demo.

2. It doesn't need to. All crafts operate the same. If you set a waypoint for your CC, when you enter the planet, thats where it will emerge - just like the tutorial says - just the way its been since BC3K v2.0x

3. Look again. It is a key that is universal for all keyboards...even the Swahili ones.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Macon De'Witt

What do I think? Can I say holy shit here? Excelent work SC I look forward to release!

I did notice however a couple of problems:

1.I did a beer run with a shuttle and droped the cargo dirt side and the marines wouldn't even touch it! Needless to say I was disapointed I expected a moral boost from the operation and nada.

2.The waterborn craft are cool but when the fleet pulls into port will there be damage to the local buildings representing drunken sailors at large and will there be an increase in pregnacies allowing me to recruit more NPCs from that port?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Look again. It is a key that is universal for all keyboards...even the Swahili ones.

Well, I've tried every Ctrl-Key combination and nothing is matching my speed. I just set the keyboard layout to US, so I'll see what happens now.

quote:

I just set the keyboard layout to US, so I'll see what happens now.

Paddy, changing the keyboard layout has no effect on the way that computers read character input (unless you're pulling the keys out of their sockets and swapping them around, but that's ridiculous ).

All IBM compatibles ('PC's) use the ASCII/IBM Extended Character Set. Each character has its own ASCII code. Even if the character keys were layed out differently, they still input the same 8 bit binary string.

Guest Macon De'Witt

Paddy .. some day you will make a wounderfull space marine trust me on this!

You don't know how lucky you are that a long time player like Harlocke took the time to explain your problem to you rather than repeat RTFM. So heres what I want you to do

1. Launch the demo

2. Find a target

3. Designate that target

4. Press the f***ing d key

5. Note the large M on your speed indicator

6. take a sheet of paper and write 100 times

Designate target for speed match d

7. The next time someone tells you theres no such thing as a stupid question you disagree

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: Macon De'Witt ]

[ 07-13-2001: Message edited by: Macon De'Witt ]

Ah sarcasm, how I love it.

Anyway, the D key worked just fine, so when did it change? Or did it? Here's a direct quote from the Ep1 key commands:

MATCH TARGET'S SPEED CTRL + `

Now from the Ep2 key commands:

DESIGNATE TARGET FOR SPEED MATCH D

Curiouser and curiouser.

BTW, thanks Harlocke.

Guest Macon De'Witt

Dorthy ... your not in ep1 anymore. Im speculating here but I suspect it changed the moment SC wanted it to change .. I know thats a long shot, but usually thats how things work here.

...only a complete [insert fav description here] would be playing the E2 demo with the E1 key commands, knowing fully well that both demos use a completely different kernel, as mentioned in the demo readme.

*sheesh* what a waste of time

Well, I'm impressed!

Like it all, and my friends who were laughing at me because I will buy the game are not laughing anymore.

So... (getting myself under the desk in case of being attacked by the SC) does the game ready now? Pleaaase!

P.S. Will there be any tee-shirts?

I am reeeaally looking forward to the game coming out. I don't want you guys to rush it, because I want it to be in top shape. The only thing thats aggrivating is calling EB and them telling me week after week the release has been postponed ANOTHER week. I have no problem wiht the game taking a while, but whats up with them and these dates? Are they just making these up, or do you keep telling them dates you know are too early just to keep us happy? I would rather know the ACTUAL estimated release dates than to have my expectations crushed everytime I call the store. I don't know who to trust anymore! Ah! Get away from me!

Ok, so maybe this post isn't directly related to the demo, but look at it this way, if it weren't for the demo, I wouldn't care so much when the game comes out.

I am downloading the Demo so I don't have anything to say(yet) about it. I just have one question, and if I am puting this in the wrong forum, tell me where to put it, and I will delete this post and put it in its proper place. Well, i just had one question. My computer is kinda screwy, and i read that I need a 3dFX card to play Millenium. I have looked all over my harddrive, and I can't figure out if I have a 3DFX card or not. If you can tell me how to tell if I have a 3dFX cardI would be much obliged. I just want to make sure that as soon as i get Millenium I can install it and play. Well, I have:

Gateway Essential

Pentium 3 processor

Windows 98

DVD-Drive

56K Modem(if it helps)

I think I got this in '99 but I am not sure.

Once again any help will be appreciated. Sorry for taking up any of your time.

[ 07-19-2001: Message edited by: BCFreak13 ]

quote:

Well, i just had one question. My computer is kinda screwy, and i read that I need a 3dFX card to play Millenium.

You don't need a 3dfx card to play BCM. You just need a 3D card that's compatible with DirectX 8.

quote:

I have looked all over my harddrive, and I can't figure out if I have a 3DFX card or not.

There are at least three ways to find out.

1) Open the Display window in Control Panel. If you have 3dfx Glide drivers installed, you should see a 3dfx tab. Also, go to the Settings tab in the Display window and press the 'Advanced...' button (if available) to see if there are any 3dfx tabs in the Advanced Settings window.

2) Open the System window in Control Panel. Go to the Device Manager tab and check the device names listed under "Display adapters" and "Sound, video and game controllers".

If the computer is so screwy that you can't do either of those two things, there is always the last resort that never fails.

3) Open up your computer and look at the chips on the card. If the card uses the 3dfx chipset, then the 3dfx logo will be printed on the chips.

Chances are, if it was bought in '99, you'll probably have and nVidia TNT2 or something like that. Alternatively, go to the Gateway site and look up your system specs.

Hehe, when I bought my Dell back in '97, it had an STB Velocity 128 card in it......