Oh, what I would give for a new mission....

What mission... hmm...

Play as a Tacops cmdr in a Firestorm with 6 ships accompanying you: 2 bcmk3, 2 Warmongers and 2 Sunflash going to fight a Gam fleet in Hellseye (or any other area) composed of 1 StormCarrier, 2 Aestrom, 2 Bcmk1, 1 Questar and 1 Solnar. Include a few fighters as well.

It gives a chance to see the AI play in a large furball and to admire some ships while you are standing in a beast.

THAT's what I would like to see, better, have.

What would I give for? Is my eternal gratitude enough?

To quote Lowtax :

quote:

I want a mission where I get to be a level 50 Batman.

hehe, no seriously, I would like a mission with Male Commander on a Battlecruiser MK III with a sneaky ass Gammulan ship in an asteroid field... Kind of like a submarine movie where they attempt to generate bearings and shoot and I attempt to seek them out and bomb the hell out of them...

Yeah that would be cool...

For a secondary mission, what about another pilot scenario where you start outside of your ship and have to run to it while the enemy is attacking in the sky... while naval ships bombard the area and your own naval fleet combats the enemy fleet... WWII JAPAN VS USA style with carriers and fighters...

What would I give? A twelve-month paid subscription to VaporWare Magazine. If you get the magazine, you don't get the demo disc, because the demos have been delayed. And if you don't get the magazine, well, they don't call it VaporWare for nothing.

Hmm... what would I like? A POLICE SCENARIO!

Seriously, though, I'd be interested in a large battle scenario, with a bunch of Gammulan and Terran capital ships duking it out around Oliran or something.

Ooh, wait, belay that! A THREE-WAY capital ship battle! Terrans vs. Gammulans... er, vs. Galaxians. I'm not sure which the third would be... Terrans are friends with a lot of people.

But you can always make friends into enemies with GBS, right?

A multi-side battle? Cool!

Have an idea:

1 - Start as the Terran as i said, going to fight gammulans;

2 - Meet the gammulans and start to fight;

3 - RAIDERS pops in, with various small vessels;

4 - Some time after, police kicks in;

5 - Some time after, insurgents pops in;

6 - Some time after, earthcom pops in...

Should be enough...

Guest Commander Hamblin

I agree with the Carrier Launch thing.

In fact...what other Naval units will be in it? Will they just be Naval Aviation and Submersible units? (Technically, Aircraft Carriers are considered Naval Aviation units, which is why they're listed under COMNAVAIRLANT/PAC, instead of COMNAVSURFLANT/PAC).

Will there be Surface vessels?

I'd like to see a full scale invasion of a heavily defended Raider controlled planet. After eliminating orbital station and defense winning condition would require the elimination of all ground and naval units by combination friendly ground assets and space assets. Since galcredits are in short supply Galcom wants a limited campaign requiring factories, commercial buildings, etc. to be spared. The commercial folks who pay taxes want the planet to be left in good shape for future colonization. Invasion would have to take place while fighting off the spaceborne reinforcements. That ought to keep people busy for quite a while.

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: Joaquin ]

Ummm... Be a Gammulan commander behind terran lines. Disrupting communications, shipping lines. Terrorising population on nearby planets (with nukes, yeah I like nukes).

Do a rescue mission, on a planet and in space.

Eleminate a raider cloacked in a region.

Confiscate the SC beer ship as contraband. And survive the airlock.

Yeah multi-sided battle but something that would make me wanna upgrade my computer again. It's like every Commander is infected with a virus or something and starts attacking everything in sight (like Royal Rumble) even his own team mates!!

Just watching the battle would be fun (if I live long enough)

Most of you talking rubbish about a big fleet vs fleet mission, don't even have the horsepower to handle it. Then when the system beings your MK2 POS to its knees, you're going to start crying like snivelling babies.

Well, what's the best you can do that won't bog down systems with hardware from Recommended to Smokin' levels?

[ 07-28-2001: Message edited by: Rm ]

quote:

Most of you talking rubbish about a big fleet vs fleet mission, don't even have the horsepower to handle it.

Ever thought about "game-engines stress testings"?

My friend gets 45fps in 1024x768x32 all opt. on with his 533eb 192mb ram and ATI rage fury maxx 64mb ... I suppose it wouldn't be tooooo slow....

Thats correct Adam. You'd think that these vets would know that by now. It took a newbie to remind them

Anyway, I did a fleet scenario today (for BCM itself - since all the demo scenarios are also from the final game), but got distracted and didn't finish testing it.

Also, the current BCM kernel is different from the E2 demo, so I'd have to release new EXEs, some new kernel files, AND the mission, if I'm going to release a new mission.

So, I'll see what I can come up with in the next few days. The last thing I want is to release some files and forget others. So, I'd have to actually install the E2 demo, compare the environments, and then figure out which changed files (kernel, content etc) to include in the additional scenario.

quote:

I would have thought it would be the AI, rather than the GFX engine itself, that would cause slowdown in such a large battle.

quote:

Thats correct Adam. You'd think that these vets would know that by now. It took a newbie to remind them

I knew that! Duh! That was exactly what I was talking about. When I say game engine, it's GAME engine, not graphic! Well, not only graphics...

Of couse, reading the specs I gave didn't meant it.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Personally I would like a little FPS action. Even without full weapons and stuff.

Like maybe, You have to fly to farstar, Shuttle Yourself to an enemy instalation, then send in a guy to "Recon" s certain spot by touching it or somthing. Maybe you have to drive a tank in there, jump out get the info and bail.

Im not sure thats included in the initial scope of the game but it sure sounds cool.

I'd like to see a fighter-based mission. Launch from a carrier(can that be scripted?) and go in for covert op into enemy space! Specificly, you would have to fly your fighter past all kinds of defenses, to get to a certain planet's surface, then exit your craft to plant a nuke(or steal data or something )from an enemy base, then get the hell out! Oh yeah, and have a HUGE fleet of gammulan fighters and cap ships giving you a "welcome", heh