a few items I noticed

coder_1024

First of all, I want to say that the demo

is incredible! I'm playing the second demo,

and can't get enough of it :-)

While playing I noticed a few things, and

wanted to report them here. I checked the

version control file first, and didn't see

these there. I also searched the boards.

I apologize in advance if I missed them,

and they have already been reported.

1. When on the bridge, there is a row of

icons in the center below the "hud". The

ones on the right have tooltips, but as you

move left the others do not have tooltips.

This is very minor, but I wanted to point it

out.

2. One of the scenarios (I think the third)

starts you on the planet in a small craft.

I've noticed that at times the craft is not

completely rendered. I'm running Win2k SP2,

nVidia GeForce 2 DDR, 32MB with the latest

drivers.

3. Has anyone seen a difference between the

altitude reported inside the bridge, and

the one reported when you're in an external

view of your ship? I think I saw this when

my ship was hovering at a very low

alt (< 100)

4. I was flying toward the starbase in the

first scenario. I was fairly close to it.

I targeted the base, and switched to an

external view of the base. Oddly, I didn't

see my ship approaching. When you switch

to an external view of a target, is it just

rendering the target? Or should I expect

to see other craft, etc. in the area? This

also seemed to happen with the planet.

Again, sorry if I've missed these topics

elsewhere. Looks like an awesome product,

and I can't wait untill it goes GOLD :-)

I'll try to answer your questions.

quote:

When on the bridge, there is a row of

icons in the center below the "hud". The

ones on the right have tooltips, but as you

move left the others do not have tooltips.

only the clickable ones have tooltips.

quote:

One of the scenarios (I think the third)

starts you on the planet in a small craft.

I've noticed that at times the craft is not

completely rendered.

check your drivers. only think i can think of.

quote:

Has anyone seen a difference between the

altitude reported inside the bridge, and

the one reported when you're in an external

view of your ship? I think I saw this when

my ship was hovering at a very low

alt (< 100)

i did i was at 35619 on the bridge and at the F9 views it was 35691.blah. my guess is its that altitude of the camara when its first placed.

quote:

I was flying toward the starbase in the

first scenario. I was fairly close to it.

I targeted the base, and switched to an

external view of the base. Oddly, I didn't

see my ship approaching. When you switch

to an external view of a target, is it just

rendering the target? Or should I expect

to see other craft, etc. in the area? This

also seemed to happen with the planet.

stations and planets are big things. have your battlecruiser fly over the station and view the target camara. Then zoom in using page up and home. his reall shous off the size of the station compared to the battlecrusier.

quote:

only the clickable ones have tooltips.

But there are other non-clickable items that *do* have tooltips. This is what led me to think it might have just been an oversight, and that the tooltips just weren't yet added for those. Of course it could also be by design, I suppose.

quote:

check your drivers. only think i can think of.

I'll check again. Was pretty sure I had the latest. Also, its not reliably repeatable. It happens sometimes, doesn't happen others...

quote:

i did i was at 35619 on the bridge and at the F9 views it was 35691.blah. my guess is its that altitude of the camara when its first placed.

I'll have to check this again. I was getting a larger difference. At one point I thought maybe one number was an elevation above ground and another was altitude. I'll get back to this thread with the actual numbers once I get a chance.

quote:

stations and planets are big things. have your battlecruiser fly over the station and view the target camara. Then zoom in using page up and home. his reall shous off the size of the station compared to the battlecrusier.

ahh... ok. Thanks for the help :-)

quote:

Coder, which non-clickables have tooltips? I'm pretty sure there aren't any.

The few I noticed were, "Solar Reactor Output Level", "Armor Level", and "Hull Level".

Again, its nothing big, but it looks like it may just be an oversight (which might be a quick fix) so I thought I'd post it.

quote:

3. Has anyone seen a difference between the altitude reported inside the bridge, and the one reported when you're in an external view of your ship? I think I saw this when my ship was hovering at a very low

alt (< 100)

quote:

quote:

I'll have to check this again. I was getting a larger difference. At one point I thought maybe one number was an elevation above ground and another was altitude. I'll get back to this thread with the actual numbers once I get a chance.

ok, I went back and checked. I was in VTOL, near the surface. Inside the bridge, my alt reported was 1623. In the external view, my alt was 2308.blah. Is this a bug?

No, its not a bug or it would be in the VCF.

Obviously the camera is at a different position that your ship, or you won't see your ship if they were both at the same location.

btw, a demo is meant to be played, not for posting what you think are bugs. I am noticing far TOO many nonsensical posts from you. Please tone it down or your posting priviledges will be revoked without warning.

quote:

No, its not a bug or it would be in the VCF.

sorry, I didn't see it in the VCF, so I thought maybe it was an as of yet unknown bug.

quote:

Obviously the camera is at a different position that your ship, or you won't see your ship if they were both at the same location.

understood.

quote:

btw, a demo is meant to be played, not for posting what you think are bugs. I am noticing far TOO many nonsensical posts from you. Please tone it down or your posting priviledges will be revoked without warning.

I *am* playing the demo, and loving it. I have to say, you've done an awesome job with it! The game is truly a marvel :-)

While playing I encountered some things, and after checking the readme, VCF, manual, and searching here, I posted. Just thought others may be aware of what was happening, or at least it would provide some usefull feedback to 3000AD.

Am I in the wrong forum? I don't want to be banned, but I'm confused as to what I've done wrong.

Only trouble makers get banned

And yes, you are in the proper forum.

My post had nothing to do with either issue - if you read most of your posts again, you'll see what I mean.

Just play the demo and have fun. Posting about issues you think are bugs, because you don't understand them, is not what I'd like to see. Demos are freebies and unsupported; but that doesn't mean we won't give some assistance if we are so inclined. The issue is that your posts are bordering on being annoying - and that has nothing to do with what you're doing in the demo. Its about what you're trying to do - and that is something I, for one, don't want to see in multiple threads. If something doesn't work. It doesn't work. Period.