switching to tactical "teleports" you to ocean floor at low altitudes

coder_1024

Has anyone else seen the following? (I checked the VCF, and didn't see it. I apologize if I missed it).

Planetfall has been established. I'm hovering in VTOL at about 30k alt. I then switch over to the tactical view (to create some waypoints). I then clicked on my ship to zoom to it. Everything is fine.

I then tried this at 20k. No problem.

Then I was at around 10k. This time, the ship was "teleported" to the ocean floor. My alt had just been reset to 0.

Anyone else seen this?

quote:

Its the second to last time in the known bugs section of the VCF. Which part did you miss?

I checked again, and didn't see it in the VCF. The second to the last item in my file, is "If you deploy your AE in space, get back on the craft, go to a planet and then deploy again, his inventory items will not be initialized."

Anyway, if you know its a bug, then no worries. Sorry 'bout posting for a known bug. :-(

quote:

You are reading the wrong and older VCF included in the demo.

Don't you know by now where the regularly updated one is? You're kidding me, right?

d'oh! Yes, I was reading the one using the Start Menu shortcut. I've updated to link to the one on the 3000ad site now. Sorry.