Minimizing Glitches in Voodoo 3

Badgerius

Ok, I've read the docs and I know that the voodoo 3 card has glitches because it doesn't support the DirectX 8.0 API.

Now, are there any enterprising souls with these cards who might have some tips as how to minimize these glitches, short of a new card? (I'll have one before BCM ships)

I'm experiencing:

Funky facet mirror glitch on planet texture when close to a planet.

Parts of the ship don't line up exactly on external view.

Odd texture problems when in 1st person on the ground.

Now before the SC jumps down my throat, let me make myself clear. I'm NOT looking for official support here. If someone else with the same problem has an tweak or trick, I'd like to know, that's all.

Sry Badge, no tweaks or tricks known, only the command line options which are mentioned in the VCF:

quote:

/nd1 and /nd2 parameters which disable terrain detail level 1 and 2 rendering. This should solve some artifacts on ATI and Voodoo3 boards, until those manufacturers fix their drivers. Note that the visual quality will be impaired as a result.

quote:

/nm parameter which disables MultiTexturing (used in terrain texture transitions). This can be used for cards such as Voodoo3 which do not support the DX8 MT method. Note that the visual quality will be impaired as a result. Toss the card, because there is no chance that DX8 drivers will ever be released for it.