here's a weird one

Hunted

Ehhhh.. Question answered in the Troubleshooting FAQ. Check the Video section.

Hell, I'm in a good mood. Let me post the specific fix here.....

- If you are running DEMO EPISODE ONE:

• Go to Display Properties. In the Direct3D section of the Advanced settings tab, disable (remove the tick mark from

the box) the feature described as Adjust Z-Buffer depth to rendering depth if unequal

• If you are not running demo Episode One, you do not need to mess around with the Z-Buffer depth settings (above).

Leave it at the default setting (box checked) when using the Det 3 10xx or higher drivers.

The Z-Buffer seems to be the only prob with most of the newbies, using an nVidia card.

quote:

will the game run if e2 runs and e1 doesen't?

Of course. E1 uses DirectX 7, but the E2 Demo uses DirectX8. So does the game.

I said it before, but I'll say it again. Welcome JJ. You're one of the better newbies coming around our direction. I hope you don't make the mistakes the others have....

Well, it's nice to have you along. I can tell you've been looking through the forums lately. I'm wondering if you're going to go multiplayer when BCM and GCO come out.

As you know, we have Fleets here. The Fleets are like any 'clan' you'd see in other MP game. The Fleets are really respected, and are going to play major roles in multiplayer. Fleets are starting to prepare, and set up their plans for action. We're starting to go all-out, as multiplayer is coming soon.

If you're thinking of doing multiplayer, with style, think of joining a fleet.

I was thinking of releasing an all-in-one BCM demo which has the missions from E1, E2 as well as the bonus E2 mission. The difference being that it will use DX8 and the latest game kernel.

Not sure how many people would want that, without at least a new mission. Which is why I haven't done it yet, since I don't have time to do a new mission.

Guest Billy Bob

That's OK - I have one machine that will run both demos but won't run BC3000AD v2.09. Fortunately I have another machine that will run all of them.

Head over to the Orion Fleet Board, and post your questions there. The recruitment officer, (I forget who it is), should help you.

Marines play mainly in First Person (both on ground and 'spacewalk' mode), and they can operate viehicles like ATVs, and Jeeps.

Cool choice. Not many people have been daring enough to do that. Of course, you do have experience in FPS games, right?

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

And he picked Orion all by himself. I didn't even name a single fleet.... Good choice, though.

I'm thinking recruiting would be more successful with helpfulness, than brute propaganda, don't you?

---

JJ, you should also look over the Fleet Info pages, as well, to learn about the structuring of them. To newbies, I explain them like the 'clans' of other games, but with a military twist. There's a chain of command, rules, regulations, meetings, roll call, you've got to tell them if you're going on leave, etc.

I'm sure you'll come right along. The other Orion guys should get you off on the right foot.