Demo problems

Kaji

I couldn't post in the Tech Support area, I'm a little (read: very) new around here, and wanted to demo BCM before I bought it.

P3 450

Riva TNT2 Ultra

32 meg soundblaster

All drivers are current and as required to run the game.

When I try to run the demo, the screen turns black and it kicks me to desktop. I looked in the FAQ, which says it's for the Beta version, and it says I need an unlock code. Do I need to get a code first? I tried all the other troubleshooting for a few hours and nothing else worked.

Am I missing something obvious?

Yes I tried a new shortcut, and opening it from the start menu, and from the BCM demo folder directly, all get the same result.

Some specs I forgot to post:

256 meg ram

Direct X 8

Newest detonator drivers

The FAQ says it generates a serial # that I send in to get an unlock code, but I have no idea where to locate the serial #, or where to send it if I find it. I didn't think I'd need an unlock for the demo, but thats the only thing I noticed that would be kicking me to desktop.

quote:

Originally posted by Kaji:

256 meg ram

Direct X 8

Newest detonator drivers

To quote the SC and probably a few others around here what do you mean by newest detonator drivers, and which demo are you running. Your specs as they are do not provide enough information to try and give you an acurate response.

The Episode 1 demo is based on Direct X 7, so your mileage may vary somewhat to that of the full game. Episode 2 is a lot closer (more core improvements, uses DX8), but it's still a long way from showing you the game. Try the E2 Demo.

Also, that unlock code stuff was for the beta only... Which is what the demos were based on. Don't worry about those. It's gotta be something with your system. But, I'm going to take a guess, and say that the E2 Demo just might work.

Nova, over and out.

quote:

Originally posted by Kaji:

I'm running the low content episode one demo. I have the Det 21.83 drivers.

Cool thanks for the extra info

I thiink(and I maybe wrong) but with the 21.83 drivers for the Geforce the option to disable Z-buffer(again I think search the forums for more details) was not enabled which caused a problem with these cards and the EP1 demo I agree with Nova try the EP2 it will give you a better display of the game and is closer to the final build.