Installing BCM on XP

VampireLord

Hello, there, I know this has certainly been discussed before, but I could not find anything on the board before.

I have always been a great fan of the BC series and I now want to buy myself BCM Gold (yes and I am not going to wait until UC is released) I WANT BCM Gold!

Now the problem is: I currently only have a laptop at my disposal with Windows XP and Suse Linux 9.0 operating systems.

As I am not sure wether BCM Gold is going to run on an ATI Radeon mobility 9000 and my PentiumM 1.4 i wanted to check this via the DEMO before buying the game.

Now the only problem is that the installer tells me that "My operating system is not adequate for installing the BCM Demo".

This seems somewhat strange as to the fact that I only experienced this error with the "old" BC 2.0 on XP.

I tried to set the installer file BCMDEMO_E1HC.EXE to compatibility with win 95 or 98 but the problem persists.

Now, I don't want any tech support of any sort or a solution how to fix the problem, the only thing I want to know is

Will this happen with the retail german CD version of BCM Gold as well? Or is it going to install fine.

Sys Specs are:

WinXP SP1 operating system

PentiumM 1.3 Ghz

512 MB Ram

Radeon Mobility 9000 DX 8.1 accelerator

DX 9.0a

Realtek AC97 audio for 3d surround sound

Thrustmaster Joystick (okay i know it is not necessary, just wanted to add it)

PLEASE help me enjoying the game.....

Oh and SC I am really waiting to play UC, problem is: i just can'T wait any longer, this is why i NEED BCM Gold...

Thanks a lot.

Sven Holtzhausen

Student of Aviation Management

IUC Bad Honnef - Bonn

Hi VampireLord,

I know the problem.

The Demo you downloaded is BC v.2.x

And i've tried to install it on my computer with Windows XP and i'd the same message as you.

It's because the Demo certainly don't work with thi OS (certainly work on Win 98).

So i buy (in France) the BCM Gold Edition and it work perfectly on my XP computer.

As i see your configuration, it'll be ok to run this game on.

Sorry Chief........^^ I just had a hard day at university.... and was a bit out of my mind when searching for infos.... completely missed the Demo Discussion forum....should get myself some glasses.

Well in any case I ordered the retail now in any case.

I hope the keyboard layout will be compatible to this pathetic laptop keyboard.

Thanks for the info....helped me quite a lot!

Greetz

Sven Holtzhausen