UC Demo

LordDavid

Downloaded and installed last night.

The new ship graphics are absolutely amazing and the space back drops are breath taking.

I love the mouse control (never bought BCMG so my first expierence of same)

The new interface is nice and crisp and easily navigated.

Didn't play long before wife got me to go to bed but I man it looks sooooooo sweet. Will try some of the other missions tonight!

Ar HAR HAR HAR! Nukes are FUN! In mission 1, wait till GALCOM restores power to their launching systems. Dock, sell all of your cargo to buy an OTS. Target earth and watch the fireworks (and listen to the birds chirp! )! Brings back the good ol' memories of playing BC3k and BCM. I can't wait until I get my copy of UC!

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

I had already done something similar with the Assets.zip on the Demo, noticed that when I tried to select the fighters from Logistics to repair it would CTD. Noticed that the graphic was missing in the assets.zip file, so I copied the one from BCM/G, then overwrote newer images from the Demo, then replaced with the combined file. Result, no more CTD when selecting the Fighters in Logistics Menu.

Please explain. When I tested the demo, I had no crashed in Logistix. If there is a missing asset file, I need to know about it.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

If there is a missing asset file, I need to know about it.

First let me preface this by letting you know that I Downloaded it with GoZilla, which sometimes ends up in Corrupt files.

When I had played the Demo, I was playing the Station Defense in the Megaron. Everything was working very smoothly, until towards the end of the scenario, when I recalled my Fighters for repairs. After the fighters docked I went to the Logistics Menue to asses repairs, clicked on FC and it CTD. I thought to myself, that's a pretty odd place to get a CTD, so I figured the picture must be missing. Sure enough, when I looked at the Assets.zip, the Vandal.bmp was missing. Since I didn't know what other pictures might be missing, I copied the Assets.zip from BCMG, then overwrote those with the newer pics from the demo (leaving the older, but missing pictures intact) fired up the demo and checked out the craft in the Logistics Menu. Both the Vandal & the MK1 Shows up with the old BCMG picture, but no more CTD's.

OK, I have checked. I changed the loadouts of the Megaron in the demo and didn't include the correct asset images. Those would be vandal.bmp and icmk1.bmp.

Download the unzip this file (650K) into the demo folder to resolve this.

[ 02-21-2004, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. Just a quick question.

I was playing around with the demo.(no, still haven't picked up a copy of UC yet)

In the two IA scenarios where you're a marine and sniper, I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the red tag that appears in first person mode over an enemy.

Because I'm playing in 800x600, and when an enemy is .3 - .4 clicks away, they are covered with the red bar, and it's sometimes a bit difficult to see where their body actually is.

I looked through all the docs and didn't find a key or a toggle in the docs.

Not a big deal, but just wondering.

The FP combat has taken such a leap, I'm really enjoying it. Though, I've learned to keep a good distance between myself and my comrades who are both trigger happy and don't like authority figures...

Cheers!

One other question about vehicle turrent controll for anyone who has time to answer.

I had jumped into a SAL (mobile), and I was wondering, after I press ALT to controll the turrent with my mouse I can controll and fire it just fine, but I can't aim the gun accurately as my view is only forward (i.e the turrent may be facing left, or up, but I can see where It's firing or aim it).

I read through the docs, but I don't see a key. Did I miss anything?

Thanks!