Demo Error

IrishArmy

Actually, I contacted Fileshack and they sent me this statement. So, the files are just fine.

quote:

I've found this to be not the case. First of all I never downloaded the

initial corrupted demo. Though something could still have gone wrong

transferring the demo from the 3000AD server to ours, I downloaded a copy

just to be sure and indeed it installs just fine. We did have server

problems yesterday when the Unreal Tournament 2004 demo was released, which

might've resulted in some downloads being dropped.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Actually, I contacted Fileshack and they sent me this statement. So, the files are just fine.

quote:

I've found this to be not the case. First of all I never downloaded the

initial corrupted demo. Though something could still have gone wrong

transferring the demo from the 3000AD server to ours, I downloaded a copy

just to be sure and indeed it installs just fine. We did have server

problems yesterday when the Unreal Tournament 2004 demo was released, which

might've resulted in some downloads being dropped.

I downloaded the demo last night from Gamers Hell, I was going to wait since I plan on picking it up next week but saw people saying that the demo does does not work, and I get an error right away in the install. I do the ctrl-alt-del and get the close program box and right next to UC install name is (Not Responding). I also download UT2004 demo from them and that was fine. They also placed the UC demo in their own zip with two other files (a gamers hell faq file and some other file don't rememeber off hand what the other file was) which they did not do to UT2004.

Why can't these guys leave these files as is and not mess with them by placing them in their own zips. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know this.

Ok first I got the game and was downloading the demo from file planet to try out the Tutorials. The file downloaded but it would not work. But we covered that; my question is the file I downloaded had this file nameÔÇØ_full_demo.exeÔÇØ(without quotes). And now I cannot remove it from my computer, I have tried rebooting it and when I try to remove it is tells me the file is in use and cannot be removed. I also ran the Anti-Virus software with no affect. Any Ideas