Universal Combat Demo Status

Supreme Cmdr

Effective today, I have resumed work on the single player (no, I'm not going to do a multiplayer demo because its too much work) demo for the game. Now that my vacation is ruined, I'd rather do light work than go out of my mind with boredom; since I'm not doing any official work on UC (patches), the add-on, the XBox title or such, until mid-January.

As for the remaining issues in the game, I have uploaded some of the updated (updated since RC2) documents for the game. I am not planning on starting work on patches and such until the game is in the retail channel and I get more feedback on other things we may have missed.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I knew you were gonna do that, that just sucks. Not for us, but for you.

DC got you to cancel your vacation, and now they are going to be further rewarded with the demo earlier then planned.

Like I said, I won't complain, but your wife must be livid..... She almost had you all to hereself for 2 weeks and DC blew it for you. Nah, she must be close to ballistic.

Well to be honest its not DC's fault. My daughter is still sick and even if this fiaco hadn't erupted, I won't have put my family vacation plans above her health.

As for the demo, I'm not doing it for them. I'm doing it for my many fans. I'm not under contract to do a demo for DC. I'm under contract to develop and deliver two games (they used to have an option on a third. I've yanked that). I have complied with all aspects of my licensing contract; and my dealings with DC - apart from them reporting royalties, paying me etc, are over and done with.

I have a ton of things to do with my down time, so I'm going to be working on the demo in my spare time only. Which is why I'm not going to do a multiplayer demo.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Well to be honest its not DC's fault. My daughter is still sick and even if this fiaco hadn't erupted, I won't have put my family vacation plans above her health.

I was pretty sure that was the case, but it is always more fun to blame the publisher..LOL

Time to get to wrapping presents, I have less then 36 hours to get them all wrapped and ready to roll. Merry Christmas everyone!!

SC,

I hope that the conflict that you experienced with DC does not shirk your drive for putting out great products. I know DC is a "pain in the a**" and it really awful that the "ambulance chasers" had to get involved. The good thing is that the vampires were on your side (for once) and that everybody is satisfied with the outcome (I hope). Best wishes to you and your family this Holiday Season.

P.S. My kids came down with that crud, too. Its been hell trying to take care of sick, screaming kids, oh well....a labour of love........

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

106 fever is too close to life threatening for anyone, especially a child.

Yeah, but she's getting better thanks.

Good to hear

I went through the same thing with both of my children. It only took one trip to the ER to realize they do the same thing for the child that I would do. Baby aspirin, popsicles,a tepid bath. and constant monitoring.

Have the happiest of holidays and a prosperous New Year

I missed the other thread , got taken off before I could read. So is RC2 been sent off ?

Are they going to start distributing ?

What's hapening ?

(Sorry for asking ...)

Guest drdespair

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

106 fever is too close to life threatening for anyone, especially a child.

Just a little comment, please refrain from making statements as life threatening when talking about other peoples children. Although 41C is quite high, children are much more susceptible to such high fevers with flu, or other viruses. I would leave it to the doctors to say what is life threatening since the statement is quite severe in my book. This flu season statistics will be quite high is some parts of the world this year, especially with all the extra panic with the recently active SARS epidemic in Asia. (more people will go to the hospital with flu symptoms then regular) Anyway, I am glad to hear that your daughter is getting better!

Talking about statistics.. just saw this:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=3272

It certainly reflects my demographics

quote:

Originally posted by TrXtR:

I missed the other thread , got taken off before I could read. So is RC2 been sent off ?

Are they going to start distributing ?

What's hapening ?

(Sorry for asking ...)

That topic is over with. Check the archives.

And guys, please refrain from taking this thread further off topic, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

The demo is official done and tested.

I am going to be releasing it to the public later this month. Also all mags will be carrying it in their upcoming publications.

Cool!

Christmas in January.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

*pats ADSL modem gently while smiling broadly*

Waiting patiently SC. Waiting Patiently

(Yea I know I can't spell)

Looks to me like you spelled just fine although I loaned you a couple of I's

quote:

The demo is official done and tested.

I am going to be releasing it to the public later this month. Also all mags will be carrying it in their upcoming publications.

What!!! How did I manage to overlook this post!?!? Great News!!

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! That shot is I M P R E S S I V E ! ! !

I'm really shocked... usually i don't post many messages in the forums but... cannot keep my fingers quiet... i thought "damn, that's beautiful"... can't wait to play some planetary missions with the new units... boys, Universal Combat represents a milestone in gaming history. People will talk about this sim for the centuries to come... i'm sure. Oh... i put the shot as my windows desktop image... fits perfectly