New EarthCOM Website!

I just want to announce the reopening of the EarthCOM site. The site has been totally revamped with alot of new features.

It's not totally complete but as time allow I'll eventually have all areas open for business. Just remember this is a work in progress so be sure to pop in from time to time to see what I've done new to site.

So what are you still reading this post for? Head on over and check it out and tell me what you think.

www.earthcom.de

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

Site looks good Karl. You may want to double check the Max Speed of the BCM craft statistics. The value you are using is the Max Accelleration - i.e. Stormcarrier .75 km/sec.

TTFN

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Huh, seems good, but I have problems with it. The black text on a grey-interline bg is unreadable. Some stuff is not at the good place (like the defender being under the bc webring thing), and I can't click on sumit.

I have Netscape 4.7, and don't think of changing.

quote:

Huh, seems good, but I have problems with it. The black text on a grey-interline bg is unreadable. Some stuff is not at the good place (like the defender being under the bc webring thing), and I can't click on sumit.

Yep there is a problem with netscape users but I won't be able to fix that until I've finalized some things on the site. Why don't you netscape users just come over to the dark side of the net and start using IE.

Also the "Poll of the Week" is broken at

the moment still working out some kinks with it.

quote:

Site looks good Karl. You may want to double check the Max Speed of the BCM craft statistics. The value you are using is the Max Accelleration - i.e. Stormcarrier .75 km/sec.

Thanks for the heads up Gallion, I knew I forgot to correct something on the site. Will take care of it this evening or tommorrow.

I still have alot of work to do on the site, so I hope you can bear with it until it up to speed.

Btw anyone know of a good place where I can set up a forum for free without alot of banners and popups?

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: Karl Wolf ]

Now thats what I like to see. Very, very nice site Karl. It's got a lot of features in there I'm currently developing for the new Orion Fleet Website.

Am gonna have to revamp a few things at my end. I cant have Earthcom have a more attractive site than Orion, now can I?

Good deal with the domain name. I think all us serious FC's need to go and register ones for our respective fleets.

Fortunately, it was T.C. McQueen that registered this domain name in Germany, waaaaaay back when he first organized the fleet.

Thanks for all your comments, and believe me I have a lot more in stored for the site, I still have quite a few bells and whistles to add and much much more.

Great site!

quote:

Hehe, being a professional Web designer, I should worn you - your Netscape 4.7 won't be very good for very long. Most in my biz are TOTALLY abandoning the development for those Netscape 4 browsers. Heck, even NETSCAPE abandoned their version 4 browsers.