EarthCOM is back Online with new FORUM also!!

Hello all, I'm very pleased to annouced that the Earth Command is back at it's original site www.earthcom.de and that we better than ever.

Our most notable improvement is the addition to an EarthCOM forum. Feel free to go by and check it out and if you some strange reason you wish to post by all means do so. biggrin.gif

There is still alot of work for me to do at teh site and it will be under constant improvement but hope to have all content in by the time BCM ships. As always I welcome any comments you have, espeically any improvements. smile.gif

Nice forums Karl! Are they free? Looks really nice!

BTW, you got the OLD link to the Wraith HQ, the current Wraith HQ link is

http://www.crosswinds.net/~wraithfleethq/

I tried to post this on your forums, even after I "registered"... but 10 minutes after it still wouldnt let me post. Will try again tonight.

Edited:

TYPO found! The button to your Rapid Reaction link reads "Rapid Recation" .

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 10-04-2000).]

Thanks Tac will make the corrections to the site within the next two days.

And no the forums aren't free it costed me about $400 bucks a month. J/K biggrin.gif They are totally free you can go to www.ezboards.com and set you up a message at no charge. smile.gif

If you are unable to post Tac let me know I will go in and see what's the problem. I might have to change the security clearance on the board making it so all can post without having to register. Do know how that would effect me trying to moderate the board. frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Karl Wolf (edited 10-04-2000).]

Tac, I just did a test registration of the forum.

First go to "Register Your Free Account (Required)" at the forum site . That will take you to the registration page where you have the option of of registrating as a "Global" user or a "Local" user I did the local user. I typed in the required information and hit send.

The next page told me a email was being sent to me so I check my email and it was there. I opened the email and click on the link to validate my registration and a second email was sent to me containing my username and password. Then I went and posted on the forum.

I hope this helps you and anyone else having problems. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Karl Wolf (edited 10-04-2000).]

Aye that's what I did back then. I just received an e-mail from the ezboards confirming my passwords and stuff... nearly an hour after I registered. smile.gif

Those boards look really great.

Guest aramike01

Hehe, ezboards are nice - but slow. I have one for Spectre Station. Shows how well you guys are at intel. wink.gif

During Internet peak hours, expect some serious load times.

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

Nice boards and you are right I had no ideal that anyone else had a forum up of any sort. You should do more advertisment. smile.gif

I've haven't had too many problems before with ezboards load times but time will tell.

Guest aramike01

Since when to Insurgents advertise their assets? biggrin.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

Easy Board is pretty reliable. I think that in using a board for about a year, and then previously with another clan, it was down maybe 2x. I did go down for updates every so often but you did have a fair warning.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

I use Coolboard (free) on a Homestead site (also free), with great results for both. Just enough bells and whistles for a non-coder like me. They seem to have fast and reliable servers. Twice down in a year, but they emailed me a few days ahead each time to warn me about the scheduled maintenance; rather thoughtful if you ask me. No serious observed posting lag. Nice color schemes to choose from. Depending on how much search and thread-nesting capabilities you need, it might suit. http://coolboard.homestead.com .