Firestar's Cadet Training

Marvin

Firestar,

Welcome to the EarthCom branch of the Prime Fleet Academy. Here are your in-processing instructions:

[*]Go to the Prime Fleet Academy webpage and download the cadet syllabus ... you should find it in the upper left window ... if necessary, scroll down until you see it.

If you like, you can also download the Dash-1 checklist. Be advised that both the syllabus and checklist were designed for Universal Combat and, therefore, some information might be out of date.

[*]Read through the material and make sure you understand it. If there's anything you don't understand (such as differences between UC and AWA), either post your question here or send me a PM. If I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does.

[*]Complete each of the training assignments, one at a time, in sequence.

[*]After you've completed an assignment, zip it and send it to:

[email protected]

[*]The results of each mission will be posted here.

Good luck, cadet. Enjoy your time in space.

Sir,

I have already completed all the downloading and reading of the material. The problem is at the moment i have ONLY UC although i have been given notification that my ucawa and gold are on there way to where i work and live at present which is in S. Korea.

Question: What missions in UC not UCAWA or Gold can be substituted for the ones on the server. I tried to get on the server but was told by Ben that UC is not online anymore dut to the upgraded games of UCAWA and Gold.

Please advise so I can begin

Firestar thanks you for your patience

Ok, my computer is upgraded (check out my system profile now..lol) Anyway, still waiting for the game UCAWA and Gold. It was sent out on the 12th of October so it should be here soon enough. I have downloaded teamspeak and also the manual and will begin reading that tonight after work. I hope i will be able to join the MP when they start up.

Will keep in touch and have the assignments finished as quickly as i can. Still waiting for UCAWA.

firestar out

Hello Sir,

Marvin, I have received UCAWA and Gold...Will go over the tutorial first to see if there are any changes in the old tutorial etc. Then I will start working on my assignments. Please forgive my being late with things...Was waiting for the games...

firestar out.

Nice timing ... I'm back from my LOA.

Do your training assignments on line ... which means: use AWA. I'll be checking my email daily for completed missions.

P.S. Make sure you title each submission such that I:

[*]a. Know it's from you.

[*]b. Know which assignment(s) is/are included.

Ok, i tried to get on the server last night...got on once...tried again and no go...this morning i was able to get on and actually had a ship in space Didnt have time to actually start exploring but it looks like the first thing is making some cash. Geez 95 plutonium sux...anyway, i will try to get the teamspeak going as well.

Will keep you posted on my assignments and progress,

firestar out.

quote:

Originally posted by firestar:

... it looks like the first thing is making some cash. Geez 95 plutonium sux....

First thing is to get your assignments done. Eventually, there will be guys around who can suggest quick ways of making money ... and, in a fleet MP match, the quicker the better. You won't have a whole lot of time for upgrading your vessel (assuming upgrades are allowed in the ROE).

First three training missions received in good condition. The results are as follows:

Training Mission 1: Passed.

Training Mission 2: Passed.

Training Mission 3: Passed. Very nice shot of the shuttle from the OC, there at the last. Good work, cadet.

Btw, if you can't find a TS server under the "3000AD" title, try a search using the word "Prime" or the phrase "Prime Fleet" ... it doesn't always work but it's usually worth a try.

Press on with the next mission, cadet.

no, that error message usually means either the server is temporarily down, or internet traffic as a whole is too congested. I was having the same problem yesterday, but no problems today.

The user password is whatever you choose when you register on the server (which you will need to access anonymously first using the server password)

Thanks Ben,

Yeah i got on the server finally. I'm still learning how to use this thing...lol

I will read the manual more and try to get it going right ...shouldnt take too long now now that i have registered on TS.

Thanks again,

firestar out.

ps...explain to me a little more about MP you want me to join??

basically you can start issuing and accepting duel challenges in this thread (challenge one other player to an official duel that will be scored in the individual player score table, 2500 EP and 250 ranking points plus the value of the destroyed asset for the winner, no penalty for the loser). Also, your team captain can begin issuing and accepting team challenges using one of the match formats listed at the end of the MP handbook (The Death Match would be the simplest match type to start with, and you can move on to more advanced match types later on).

However, before you can issue or accept challenges, it would be very helpful to state the times when you are generally available to play online. This is important for duel challenges, since it lets other people know whether they can find a compatible time to challenge you, but it is most important for your team, as you will have to co-ordinate the times that enough of you can make to constitute a valid team (2 is the absolute minimum, less than 2 team members turning up to a match equals a forfeited match, but it's best to have as many as possible, since being short-handed compared to the other team will make things more difficult for you.)

Any more specific questions?

Ok,

I got on Teamspeak(actually about 10x now) but no one is ever on there...lol Anyway, how does teamspeak work? Can you use it within the MP environment? How? Sorry for all the questions but this is my first time with teamspeak..

firestar needing reply

We use it for voice comms during matches and training sessions (just start it up and leave it running when you start the game) Usually people agree on a time to meet there, otherwise it's pot luck whether you meet anyone, as some fleets have their own seperate teamspeak channel

I'm on the fleet teamspeak channel right now, btw.

Firestar, a couple questions about the last two missions:

1. Was training mission 5 conducted on line? The reason I ask is because the chat window does not show in any of the screen shots ... that, by itself, doesn't necessarily mean the mission was conducted off line so please let me know how it was done.

2. The second screen shot in mission 6 was supposed to be taken from the DIE. Also, it would help to put the entire mission in one email for continuity ... to assure me you actually did the whole thing at one time. (Granted, you could be Jonathan Creek and figure a way to fake it but, if you work that hard at faking it, I'd probably give you credit anyway ... for creative thinking.)

Thanks. Waiting to hear from you.

Okay, got your reply via PM.

Indeed, you're correct about how easy it sometimes is to determine if a screenie was taken in MP v.s. SP. In fact, I checked your pix and determined, from the names of the targeted starstations, that you were, indeed, on line.

Good work.

Training Mission 5: Passed.

Training Mission 6: Passed.

As far as Prime Fleet is concerned, you have completed the course and are hereby awarded the following diploma:

l PRIME FLEET ACADEMY l

Certificate of Graduation & Commissioning

] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Attention to Orders: The Commandant, Prime Fleet Academy, does hereby certify that,

Cadet Firestar

has successfully completed the Academy Multiplayer training syllabus. By order of the Fleet Commander, Prime Fleet, this cadet has thereby earned the advantage of promotion to the rank of Ensign and assignment to an operational wing of EarthCom Fleet, GalCom.

PF_Academy_Logo_4.bmpSigned this day, 01 November 3005 stampvar1ca.gif

Fleet Commander Marvin

G6 Staff Chief, Academy CO - Prime Fleet

Since you're not being assigned to a Prime Fleet wing, I can't guarantee an operational slot ... and your promotion will be at the discretion of your FL. Nonetheless, as far as the Academy is concerned, you're ready for your initial check ride.

Good luck, commander.