Insurgent Commander Profiles

Rattler

Insurgents, Our profiles have been requested in another thread. Hop to it Commanders! Get 'em done and sent to Commander Kristophers, "On The Double!"

I'm as negligent as the rest of you, so I guess I'd better get busy as well. Mike, if I knew exactly what you wanted, I'd have a beter idea of just how to put it together. If you've got a sample (like your own) for me to review, I might get it done ASAP. Could you send me yours? Also, GET ICQ! I can't speak directly with you if your Radio's not working! wink.gif

Now, let's keep this topic on this thread and keep it off the New America Thread. Again, another ORDER!

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 02-19-2000).]

Hi,

I am also unsure of what exactally you are looking for in a profile. If it wouldn't be too much trouble I would like to request some direction. (I don't mind being a pawn with no identity) (oops sorry did I say that??) wink.gif

Thanks

Guest aramike01

I'll be sending a template to Rattler by tomorrow morning, as I'm on my way out the door in a few minutes for an engangement which could last all night. frown.gif

But, if anyone wants a heads-up, here's a breakdown:

Ship Name:

Ship's Motto:

CO's Name:

Date Commissioned:

Place of Construction:

Assignment History:

Special Achievements/Anything Worthy of Notice

Compliment:

-------------------

Officer Data as follows:

Name of officer, postion (Engineer, etc), rank (Lt., Lt. Cdr, etc)

-------------------

Commander's Info as Follows:

Date of Birth:

Training History:

Assignment History:

Current Assignment:

Special Info:

-------------------

I'll be sending an email to Rattler with a more thorough template, and I'll try to include my profile on it if I have time to complete it. I'll send it formatted for MS Word, so feel free to just fill in the blanks.

But please use the template above to get started so when you get the template, all you have to do is quickly fill in the blanks and send it out to me.

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

That's a rather large order. As far as the commaner goes I have a webpage in the ring tht has a short boigraphy of my character. Up until I defected to the Insurgency. For the ship I really haven't thought that much about it. She was just a standard BC. I have named the command crew for the few stories I write in roleplay. Name and motto are in my sig. Looks like the only thing I am missing is date of commission (??? beats me) and place of construction. Galcom I guess. We really don't have a named shipyard and I haven't thought about it. They are built somewhere but I just haven't thought about it.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

I've already sent mine to mike, and I'll get to work on officer backgrounds as soon as I can.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival."

Was researching this stuff. I just have to ask. Why do you want the Combat Officer's name underneath the ship's motto?

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

Guest aramike01

CO=Commanding Officer. That's the term the US military uses.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

Spectre Recruitment Officer

Guest aramike01

Could you do me a favor and pretend for the profile's sake that CO=Commanding Officer? IMO, it's really not that big of a deal...

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-23-2000).]

Guest Den Dee

Do us all a favor and stick to the BC terminology Aramike, can you? If i see the "CO's name" in the profile, i'll sure as hell write Paul Reising /right?/ there. The game details are already numerous, lets not add more confusion,eh? Besides, Galcom does not mean United States... much as u might want it to ;-) And if these are not good enough reasons - get this: in BC, Commander is abbreviated Cmdr. In US Army it's Cdr. U get the point ;-?

Take care :-)

Den Dee

ICV KPY3EHIIITEPH

ICQ# 11599032

Thanks Den, I was going to say the same thing. It would only add confusion. I do prefer "Cmdr" that most people have adopted. The only other point is that it is going to end up as an official site it needs to be correct.

I've already corrected it in my profile. Though I did spell it out fully. I'd be just as happy with Cmdr.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

Guest aramike01

What I meant was, considering the templates are already out, just use what's in there and they will be adjusted for the public profiles. GEEZ...I didn't think it was such a big deal. And btw, I wasn't aware that there was any commander rank designation in the Army...that's a Naval term. I couldn't care less whether we use US military terms or not, but considering that I was in the military, you got to go with what you know, right? So far as I have seen from the returned profiles, only 1 person has suffered from any confusion in this matter.

What is understood need not be discussed.

Besides, Charles, you asked me why I had CO in there and I answered. Why is this such a big deal?

So to quote myself, please pretend that CO means commanding officer for the sake of the profiles. It will be adjusted when I compile them into the site. And frankly, I don't want to deal with having to send out new templates. I'm putting in a lot of effort on this to have such trivial concerns take a lime-light.

So, for everyone who is confused, on the template CO means commanding officer. I'll adjust it for the compilation.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

All Right Gents, Enough Bickering! I see both sides, so I'm not choosing either side! Just get it done! Edit your templates if you have to. I didn't see a problem though. Closest name to the Ship has always been the BCC (Battlecruiser Commander). wink.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

No bickering here. Just trying to point something out before a higher power takes notice.

quote:

Besides, Charles, you asked me why I had CO in there and I answered.

No, I asked why you had Combat Officer behind/underneath the motto. That was a deliberate and gentle (I thought) nudge towards pointing that out and correcting the problem.

quote:

Why is this such a big deal?

Because it is incorrect. We would have been in deep cookies if your site had gone up that way.

quote:

So to quote myself, please pretend that CO means commanding officer for the sake of the profiles.

Was that an attempt at saying you would fix it before your site went up? If so, I apologize.

quote:

It will be adjusted when I compile them into the site.

That's all I'm asking. smile.gif Had you explained that at my first nudge all would be well. (Yes, I am exactly that obtuse sometimes.)

So far as my own profile goes it will be several more days. It takes me quite a while to meld things together.

No hard feelings here Aramike.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

Guest aramike01

None here either, Charles. Sometimes the little things always seem to ruffle feathers, so to speak. wink.gif Looking back, I should have been more concise in pointing out that CO would have been taken out in the actual profile. For that, I extend apologies. Anyway, on with the fight against the Galcommies!!! smile.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

quote:

So to quote myself, please pretend that CO means commanding officer for the sake of the profiles. It will be adjusted when I compile them into the site. And frankly, I don't want to deal with having to send out new templates. I'm putting in a lot of effort on this to have such trivial concerns take a lime-light.

So, for everyone who is confused, on the template CO means commanding officer. I'll adjust it for the compilation

Get rid of it. CO = Combat Officer

If you ladies truly want to rock the boat, then use CCO = Chief Commanding Officer

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 02-24-2000).]

Guest aramike01

As I said, SC... it's only for the template and won't be posted otherwise. Too many are out already to go through that whole deal again. But, CO isn't going to be included when I put them up for public viewing.

I repeat to everyone! CO, on the template, refers to Commanding Officer. I am fully aware that this acronym is not officially BC3K, however, the template is about as unofficial as things can be, and fine-tuning of it will occur.

Essentially, the template is only used for gathering the data on the ships and officers involved in the Insurgency, and keeping it close to the design I plan on using on the site. Again, they are in no way official. Think of it as a scrap of paper used to quickly jot down info to pass along to someone for fine tuning. Also, please keep in mind that I in no way intend to adjust the profiles themselves, just the terminology used in this one instance.

Geez, this thing is getting more and more difficult by the minute it seems... wink.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-25-2000).]

Just a suggestion, I was just wondering if it would be possible to come up with an insurgent mailing list. Then set the list so only Rattler, or those Rattler deems worthy can send out messages(to prevent mailbox overflow). That way, whenever there is an update, Rattler could send an email to the list and have it go to everyone in the insurgency. This way, if something like this CO business occurs, it would be really easy to send out a new template, or whatever is needed to everyone. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? Anyway, just aother random suggestion thats probably in the wrong forum.

Yazin Re'trat

ICV Lightspeed

[This message has been edited by Friez12 (edited 02-24-2000).]

Guest aramike01

Friez12, if that were the case I would gladly adjust the few letters to make it more BC3K-like. Great idea! Hope it shines to someone enough to get it done!

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

Working on it Insurgents. Now where did Gum leave that Roster? I might have to type each name in there individually, but hey, it's a darned good idea! Definitely one worth the effort. Good Show Friez! wink.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Guest aramike01

Time to change topic and bring this thread to it's original intentions. wink.gif

I have recieved profiles from the following commanders:

ICV-Eclipse, Kyle Antilles, AKA Eclipse

ICV-Dark Saber, David Seregow, Lord David

ICV-CapDeLight, Jason Freeman, SpacePhish-(as I'm sure you all are aware by the name of his ship smile.gif )

ICV-Abaddon, Xavier Knight, Xavier

ICV-Druid, Finder1, Finder1

ICV-Gummy 1, John Anderson, Andergum

Many thanks go out to the aforementioned commanders for putting in the time and effort to help me with this project. If you've submitted a profile and you're not listed above, please let me know so I can make sure that I have it.

For the rest of you: I'm still waiting! wink.gif Get those profiles out to me as soon as possible!

Thanks for your attention in this matter.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-25-2000).]