New America

Rattler

Gentlemen,

Thanks for volunteering to take "New America" off my hands, but the choice for her New Commander will be a tough one. One normally get's promoted from a lesser ship or station to a Higher Order based upon their past performances and stature. As I previously stated in another thread, I will not take her myself because I already have a home. When the time is right, I'll promote the Commander of Choice, and then reach out to the remainder of the Insurgency to fill in his/her vacated spot. Additionally, I intend to assign a Starstation Commander to Sygan, again with the SC's approval (don't have it yet) once BCM becomes available. Keep this in mind as well. This will leave two open slots to fill. Bottom line....Keep visible, keep busy, and....Keep the Faith Insurgents. Great things loom on the horizon. We can either Read History or MAKE IT! Which do you want to do? wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 02-15-2000).]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the saying thet the winners write history. I plan to be one of those winners.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival."

Guest aramike01

quote:

History is written by the victors...

Well, I think we all know that the Insurgency will be writing history! smile.gif

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Right on. Let's do it! Well, I'm still at the bottom of the insurgency ladder, so I'm not hoping to be the commander of the base. But at least I want to be assigned to the new base, and start climbing(man I beentoo lazy to bother with advancement and stuff, untill now).

Well, assuming that by some freak chance I WAS offered the job (yea right), I'd have to decline.. living on a hunk of rock isn't my idea of paradise smile.gif

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Hey man...before you jump to conclusions. It's a hunk of rock heavily amoured and crawling with fighters and turrets. From what I heard the nurses over there are babes straight out of Anime films *wink*. Ahhh, now if only I can sneak some ale onboard. T it's going to be the biggest party this side of the galaxy. smile.gifEverybody's invited except for oh.. you know who. If they do come we are rolling the welcome mat for them, followed by 8000 tons of pure raving madness they call the R.A.N.D.O.M.

Guest Ron Wallin

Hehe, I don't know if I should even offer my services here. With Jester MIA, LordDavid just as MIA, and having not heard form ANY of the other Command Staff, there's a huge gaping hole in the upper echelons.

Your call, boss, but I'd take that thing as a base of opperations/training post any time. However, if you've already got someone in mind (would be a great base for the Security Arm of the Insurgents: hint hint, Andergum...) I would completely understand being passed on this one.

One thing, though: The tradition within the BC Universe is that the Base Commander is also a Fleet Commander.

What does that mean to Insurgents? We could technically have ANOTHER fleet (or is it Wing... hmm...) seperate from Spectre or another fleet under the umbrella of Spectre (much like ISS, Wraith, etc. is under Prime).

Whoever is chosen to take on that position should also be ready to do some heavy recruiting to fill out the SECOND Fleet...

Just some thoughts. smile.gif

P.S., I know you'll put some serious thought before you choose someone to fill the position. However, if I'm on the list, do some additional thinking. My role just may not serve the Insurgents or Spectre as a Base/Fleet Commander. However, the rank would be nice smile.gif Good Luck.

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 02-15-2000).]

quote:

and having not heard form ANY of the other Command Staff

Some of that quote would pertain to me I suppose but I'm sitting here in awe of the structures proposed. Not having been in the military nor even faintly interested I am perfectly happy letting others choose a structure.

It gets difficult but given that Rattler is THE base (Rattler's Den/Spectre) commander then any other base (Sygan, New America) commander would be the wing commander equal on the Galcom side. Everything is equivalent yet different as allowed. I believe it iscoming together so far as the "equal/equivalent" rankings ar concerned.

Now you know how little I know of rankings and such. wink.gifHehe. We can be equivalent yet different. Such is the Insurgency. The man who gets "New America" should probably consider himself a "wing" commander in my opinion. It keeps things sort of equal as far as ranks are concerned.

Anyone more knowledgeable than I am is free to kick me to the curb. smile.gif But I think we are getting somewhere with this.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 02-16-2000).]

Guest aramike01

Do we Insurgents have anyone assigned to recruitment, btw? Perhaps we should also come up with an officer for just that postion.

Also, something else concerns me: It seems as though the Insurgency lacks somewhat when it comes to taking an active role in our fleet structure, as well as plans for BCM. We really don't have a thread that is designated for Insurgent discussion of such matters, and one does arise, it seems to die quickly.

Here's the thing, guys: How 'bout a little more RP participation from us Insurgents? We should utilize a bit of psycho-warfare against our enemies. wink.gif Let's not let them think we are weak. We should try to intimidate them; perhaps other commanders will defect to our cause. If we stand only in the backround, our presence is not felt, and Galcom wins. Period.

I call out to all Insurgents... Let's make some noise, both when Galcom doesn't expect it and when they do. Fear is not in the Insurgent vocabulary. We can't win unless we fight! So fight hard, Insurgents!

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-16-2000).]

Last time I checked, Bases, Squadrons, Ships, etc; all fell cognizant to the Fleet Commander. Example (Real Life) NAS Oceana Va, USS Eisenhower, and VF-33 all answers to Cinc-Lant-Fleet. So, to keep within the guidelines that Derek has drawn out, If it's an Insurgent Asset, It answers to Insurgent One, be that myself or anyone acting in my stead. With the inclusion of more than one StarStation now, this will have to be modified some. Not to worry, we'll sort it out and come up with an understandable solution. Ron, Charles, Jester, Gum, Mike, you guys have any thoughts?

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Guest aramike01

Woo-hoo, Rattler! wink.gif Ask me for some thoughts and I have them ready!

With a station like NA, I think it's safe to say that the Insurgency is much more than just a small revolution. We all know that, but Galcom members aren't seeing too much more than a single fleet with a few brave and rather outspoken commanders.

I think that perhaps this is a prime opportunity to create a new fleet. Possibly one with some type of specialty, a bit like ISS.

This will do several things:

1)The creation of a new fleet may help draw more members to our cause. A larger sense of opportunity would exist for all involved.

2)It will allow newbies to feel as though they are taking an active role in the creation of a part of this universe.

3)As things stand now, if you join the Insurgency, you join Spectre. Options are nice!

4)When BC Online is released, not to mention BCM, there will be a flood of new commanders looking for a home. At some point, it may neccessitate the creation of a new fleet. Instead of creating a new fleet with haste, we can take our time and do it right from the get-go. And the opportunity to advance within a fleet will be a little more evident to new commanders, thus drawing them to our cause. Not to mention that every Insurgent with a command position is a BC3K tester, so opportunities may not be as apparent to a simple, loyal commander.

5)A new fleet would really kick some ass! biggrin.gif

Well, there you have it. My two cents.

Btw, Rattler, I've emailed you the link to the new webpage. It should be in your inbox now. What do ya think?

Once I get Rattler's approval, I'll post the link so every get's a chance to take a look.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-16-2000).]

Well, its great to see a new insurgent base!!! And such a fine one at that!

As far as who should Command her? We'll leave that one up to you Rattler...

hehe R.H.I.P. (rank has its problems)

Ron has suggested that it be used for security... but I don't think so.

First off, its NEW!! We wouldn't want our prisoners to feel any sense of luxury in a new jail cell .

Also the name "New America" seems to symbolize a rebirth of some sort...

Like a new start for the insurgents to build on. Hardly seems fitting for a security complex.

I see New America more as a training or research facility, a defensive installation or perhaps an outpost on

the edge of the Insurgent's new territory.

At any rate... the question has come up of what sort of fleet command structure to have.

Well I think that may depend on where the new base is to be situated in relation to the others.

Since BCM will have a complete new universe connected to the old one there is no telling where it might end up in

relation to the other existing bases. That is of course assuming that all the current bases still exist in BCM.

We may end up with a base on one end of the galaxy (Sygan), a more centrally located base(Spectre) and

New America at the other end of the galaxy. It might be best to wait to see what happens as far as base logistics

and the storyline for BCM.

However, I was thinking that we might want to have a command structure something like this....

Insurgent One - Supreme Insurgent Leader and Commander of the Spectre Starstation.

Star Station and Star Base commanders - In charge of their base and sector surrounding the base. Report directly to Insurgent One

Task Force commanders - In charge of their fleet of ships. To be stationed and moved around the galaxy as needed.

They would report back to the nearest base commanders and of course, to Insurgent One.. The number of Task Force commanders would

depend on how many ships and commanders we have to deploy. Task forces could be assigned as support for bases and stations or just to

patrol sections of the galaxy with no Insurgent Installations (not yet anyway...), or etc...

As the fleet grows and more recruits come into the fold, we may even want to have a couple of Fleet Commanders to keep things organized.

We also are in need of a few more "officers" (read volunteer workers) someone for record keeping... and perhaps for recruitment...

Also, I have been thinking that we Insurgents may want to have our own Fleet Insignia and uniform colors. I know that several of the

commanders already have their individual ship insignia... but I was thinking more along the lines of common unified symbol.

Insignia design ideas and artists are welcome...

We should also think about what our uniform color should be. I was thinking dark grey, black or tan... anything but that hated blue Galcommie color!!

YUK!

Any suggestions????

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

ICV Gummy 1

Spectre,

Chief Security Officer

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Well, after the SC's bombshell below, I've now editid this post to what I now see as our future. > IFinder1---Chief Security Officer, StarStation Destiny (Chavik asked for you by name Finder1) smile.gif

Commander Antilles will report to StarStation Spectre HQ as my CSO. My Choice! smile.gif

StarStation/StarBase Commanders, I intend to have a Chief Security Officer in place on EVERY Facility that we have. With the exceptions that I have already listed above, I want each Facility Commander to give me his recommendations for his Chief Security Officer. OK? Hand Pick Him/Her if you want. We'll sort it out if more than one of you want the same one biggrin.gif

One last thing to note. I've been thinking about rotating Facilities Commanders from CSO to StarBase Commander to StarStation Commander to show growth and a way of advancement. I've thought about semi-annual to annual assignments. Yes, I'm thinking Long-Term here! wink.gif I'd like your thoughts on this one.

Good Luck on your assignments, and "Long Live The Insurgency!"

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 02-17-2000).]

Just throw a wrench in the best laid plans. Here are the rest of the Insurgent starstations as they are in BCM. I have not yet assigned starbases (planet) yet because I still have to sit down and figure out where to put them and how many, so that multiplayer is balanced.

With the exception of New America, the other three are regular starstations.

1. Spectre

2. Sygan

3. New America

4. New Frontier

5. Destiny

6. Alpha Prime

Right Boss. I'll edit the above post and make the necessary corrections, with your permission! Couldn't make the assignments without knowledge of them. This changes a whole lot of things!

biggrin.gif

Thanks Derek wink.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

On uniforms, go here http://www.bc3000ad.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000042.html . We have a dress and a work uniform.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 02-16-2000).]

personally, I don't like the bright red trim. Maybe something like charcoal or another grey would work better. On the work uniform......personal opinion, my crew stays in their dress duds. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

Acknowleged, sir. Eclipse is enroute, ETA in 48 hours. Antilles out.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

Guest Ron Wallin

Rattler, now that Jester has chimed in, I propose that New America be his. It's perfect for his line of work: not tied to any one planet; well defended; cloakable; would make a great training station for those of his ilk.

Been reading my mind Ron wink.gif

for those who missed it, Ram├│n du Sandau is none other than our very own Jester. Ram├│n was his character in The Calm Before The Storm. His other handle was Lurker. Time to quit Lurking Jon biggrin.gif. Good Call Ron! smile.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Guest aramike01

Alright, gentlemen... I have a link to the website I've been working on, and I would love a little feedback. I've sent Jester an email and I hope to hear from him soon.

Here's the link: Link Removed due to Security Violations

Keep in mind that work on this site is incredibly preliminary, and as of yet I don't have approval to make it official. I await my superior's word on this.

Rattler- Thanks for the promotion! smile.gif You knew where I wanted to be! wink.gif

Btw, I like my new sig already! biggrin.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

PS-So far, the only profile I have recieved for inclusion in the roster portion of the site has been that of Kyle Antilles and the Eclipse. I need more! Get those rosters out to me pronto, everyone! Please look up the roster for the Eclipse at the link I provided above. Use it as a template.

Antilles, I went out on a limb and assigned a rank to everyone, just to give a feel as to what I think would work for the site. Feel free to contact me with alternative ranks, and I'll change them, ASAP.

Also, Rattler, perhaps another Call to Arms thread would be appropriate for right about now. Things have changed awfully fast, and we really need to find out where we stand, IMHO. A new breakdown like Andergum's may be neccessary, and if he hath not the time, I'll try to put one together.

This seems like a new beginning! Now, we're starting to write a whole new history, and the book shall only end as Galcom and it's evil ways are a burning rubble and distant memory!

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 02-17-2000).]