New America

Rattler

There are specific guidelines for creating official BC3K sites. Please take a look at the other sites and adhere to those guidelines. Apart from carrying the graphics and copyright notices, your site has to be part of the BC3K webring.

Further, BCM is not out yet, so I can't allow a New America website just yet.

Please take the site down until you have completed these changes and I give the OK to take it online.

Be advised.

ps: Please don't take this thread off-topic with this discussion.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 02-17-2000).]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the command Rattler. You can be sure that I'll take care of her...

I'll keep those Galcommies busy as well... heheheh

I'll be updating the ICV Fleet list today... adding the new bases and moving people to the right places... etc..

WOW.. things really got stirred up last night!!

Thanks for all the new toys Derek! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

ICV Gummy 1

Spectre Fleet,

Starstation Commander, Sygan

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Guest aramike01

10-4 SC. I'll remove it in the morning.

Everyone take notice: While this may slow my plans, it doesn't stop them. I still need those profiles!

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-17-2000).]

Thanks Rattler. Just let me close things down at SSF. There are a few purchase orders still outstanding and I'll have to explain them to the new guy. Pack up my office and all that.

I'm looking forward to the new assignment and welcome Finder1 as securtity officer. We'll be forging ahead to our Destiny.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

*SpacePhish rises his hand from the back-of the room.* Excuess me but I would really love to contribute something to the Insurgency. Give me anything, I mean anything and I will give it everything I got. Promise. Please!!!! smile.gif

Now now Chris, don't worry, we're just gonna take you to the place all the other people go when they question Insurgent One..

*fumbles with the airlock controls, only to notice a hanging sign above saying "Occupied"*

Damn! Oh well, a little kissing time with Mr. Reactor will make ya feel better... wink.gif

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Guest Ron Wallin

{rp (at least in part)}

Chris, Chris, Chris. You have a unique way of putting your foot in your mouth. But to be fair, I just want to be clear on something before I do something drastic.

You prefer that Spectre stand down, begin spreading flyers, and hope that word of mouth will sink ships?

Interesting.

I did some digging and found this:

I believe that the Insergents are here not for the betterment of mankind but to have full control of mankind. As for the other races I believe that GalCom has done a GREAT job of keeping the peace and prosparity in this Galaxey

So, Chris, what's going on here? I'll answer that question:

You tried a limited propoganda campaign against Insurgents. It didn't work.

You fell in with Mech3 and SpacePhish in a grand scheme to terrorize the galaxy. That didn't work.

Now you've joined the Insurgents in an attempt to corrupt us from the inside out with your deceptive "quieter, gentler, more personable" call to the Insurgents.

You want to be and Insurgent? Your choice. Ours is an organization that has rarely turned anyone away (Alun Tringad). However, if you wish to be a member of Spectre Fleet, you'd better learn to tow the line quick!

If not, you will soon find yourself persona non grata and will be REQUIRED to return the designation "UCV" to your ship sig.

I hope I'm making myself clear. Opinions are a good thing and I consider them all.

However, you have a track record that has put you at the top of my most watched list. One false step and Spectre will no longer welcome you.

{/rp}

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 02-19-2000).]

Guest aramike01

I'm sorry if I'm stepping out of place, gents, but I have some input into this.

[rp] (again, sort of). Commander, in any militarized group with an agenda, there comes a time in which everyone is nothing but a mere logistical figure, a pawn if you will. You can be an Insurgent, but not an Insurgent commander if you want the rosy-cozy. If we're going to defeat Galcom and have poor marksmanship, we NEED more training. Personally, the "firm but fair" technique which Rattler, and everyone else for that matter, seems to practice, goes a long way toward keeping morale up. If you screw-up, you hear about it. If you do well, you are rewarded in kind. That is, IMHO, the way things are and the way they should be.

Not everyone can and deserves to be at the top, and there is a long ladder to climb to get there, but if and when you do, it feels that much better. That takes care of the morale argument.

No one's expected to be perfect, but some degree of results should be shown. If they're not, the person whom is deficient, should be required to hone their skills. Considering numbers are against us, we need the very best that all of our commanders (aka people) can give. And to be frank, I'd rather have Hot-Shot on my wing than Can't-shoot, person or not a person.

quote:

I am proposing some type of act that will allow all members of the Insurgency be well known.

Umm, excuse me, but where have you been? I'm constructing a website which will contain the profiles of all Insurgents and their vessels, and I've been asking for each commander to provide me with said profile. I've asked for this in this thread numerous times. I've also posted the request elsewhere. The site will give everyone a chance to get to know everyone, and all each of us have to do is come up with a profile and email it to yours truly.

It's up to you to make yourself well-known.

And I have yet to recieve your profile, commander.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-19-2000).]

Ahem,

Maybe I'd better make things clear, once and for all. Almost 2 years ago some of my GOOD friends and I hatched this hair brained idea that we could start our own fleet. These Friends were Chavik, Akira, Jester, LordDavid, and Finder1. You'll never find better friends! We had this idea that if it could be sold to the SC, it would give others the perrogative to be something other than Galcom Officers. We hatched this plan and I took it to both Commander DeSylva and ultimately the SC Himself for approval. It was a risky project, trust me on this one. We were attempting to actually go in and assume the characters of a caste that Derek had dreamed up long ago. He gave us his blessings and placed me in command of this Insurgency, charging me with the responsibility of keeping it clean, neat, and organized in a Military style of "good order and discipline!" I must repeat, there were more than just myself who started Spectre Fleet. I was just lucky enough to have been elected to take the Idea to the SC. That's how and why I'm Insurgent One! Having accepted that position, I have and will continue to maintain "good order and discipline" within the Insurgency. I'm by no means a dictator, rather a complete leader who understands that some choices that I make will not be viewed favorably by all. Rarely will I request from the Insurgency. I Order The Insurgence! Pawns? In a sense, Yes I guess you are right there Chris. My personal Pawns? Not in the least. We are ALL pawns of the Insurgency. We always will be just that. Please do not, for one minute, believe that I will allow dissention to exist inside the Insurgency. Morale? I think we have the highest Morale of any Fleet/Caste in the game today. I'm sure that all of the other Fleet Commanders believe that of their own Fleets as well. They shouldn't be Fleet Commanders if they do not believe that. As for what started all of this and what caused you (Chris) to post like you did, I don't have a clue. I've given promotions to those that I considered deserving, opened up new areas of advancement to everyone, and created new ones for every Insurgent to strive for, even the new Insurgent that joins today can now see a path, if he works hard at it, to get advanced far enough to become a StarStation Commander. I hope everyone caught that! Now, I'll leave you with a story of one young (Real Life) Sailor who was once told by his Chief to "clean out his locker and move to another ship!" Not wanting this transfer, the young Sailor replied to his Chief, "but I like this one just fine Chief!" Not to be outdone, His Chief replied, "That's why they call them ORDERS! Now get moving Son!" smile.gif Ive remembered My Chief's words all these years and understood why HE was the Chief. wink.gif

Now Insurgency, the choice is yours. Either Folow Insurgent One, or make your own choices. You just won't be Insurgents. Hope I'm clear on this.

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 02-19-2000).]

Guest aramike01

So that's how it all began...

Well spoken, Rattler. You know where my loyalties are.

Rattler, Wallin, btw... Can you guys PLEASE help me get those damn profiles?!?

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Chief Security Officer

New America

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 02-19-2000).]

Following on with my assignments and orders,

Commander Echo was asked for, and has accepted an assignment as CSO on the StarStation Alpha Prime. I told you guys that you needed to start hand picking your CSO's and getting your requests in. LordDavid took it to heart and got his request in first. Congratulations Commander Echo, Now take it easy on your new boss. Keep him out of trouble. wink.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 02-19-2000).]

Commander SpacePhish, I saw your hand go up in the rear of the assembly. I have not forgotten you, and I have plans for you as well. I just need to get to know you a little better before I give you free reign out there. Accordingly, I'll establish another post that may be filled by the remaider of the Facilities Commanders, again giving additonal room for professional growth. I hereby assign Commander SpacePhish to the duties of Chief Engineer on New America. Hope that is ok with Jester, but if there ever was a born killer, Da Phish fits the bill! Congrats, Commander SpacePhish. Report to Jester! wink.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Chris, one more unfounded outburst like that against any member of this board, and this time, you will be booted for good. You were booted before and Rattler had me allow you back in. I've just about had it with your crap.

You have no discipline whatsover and yet, you want to be a part of an Insurgent structure? You belong in the Raider or Hacker caste. The Insurgents are a respected and organized entity in the game world, not lawless, delinquent, sniveling fools like the character you tend to portray.

This will be your last warning. Shape up or get the hell of my board!

And just in case there is any confusion here, Rattler's explanation of how this whole fleet thing started, is spot on. It was not my idea. I simply let it ride because I trusted that it would amount to something. It has. In my world, I have not fully fleshed out the direction that the Insurgents are going. But, like GALCOM, they are a well structured bunch and not the bunch of rabid terrorists that GALCOM makes them out to be. Far from it.

As Supreme Commander of GALCOM forces, Insurgent One (Rattler) has as much control over his Insurgent forces, as I do over GALCOM. Unlike me, whose strings get pulled by EarthCOM every chance they get, Rattler does not have that problem because he is at the top of the food chain and the organization of that caste is maintained by a group of loyal and disciplined commanders. Rattler, in real life, has somehow managed to bring those background characters into this premise, via the role playing, organization etc, something I haven't even done. Heck, nowhere in the manual do you see any Insurgent character. All you see are GALCOM and aliens. That will change with BCM because things going on here, have given me a lot of ideas on how to merge real-life with game-life.

Terrorists don't get assets like New America or any of the new stations created for the Insurgents. Allocating resources to do them from scratch, takes time, money and resources and if it wasn't worth it, I wouldn't do it. Apart from being my friends, Rattler and the group of people in the Insurgency, EarthCOM, GALCOM etc, are trusted with what they are doing and they adhere to the guidelines imposed by my creation. If they didn't, I would've pulled the plug by now.

In conclusion, in much the same way I gave most of my testers admin/mod access to this board, they will also have recognized control over multiplayer servers. So, if you start to misbehave on a server, they can kick you. Period. Make no mistake, we control the servers and each one will be geared toward a specific game type. Those of you who want to be lawless, can play amongst yourselves on those types of servers. Every server that I control, will be geared toward a specific premise. In fact, only the controlled servers will have a persistent module which allows logging off and on, with your stats saved on the server. So, if you are roleplaying, you can only play on servers of that type etc.

Anyway, I'm going off track here. But the point I was trying to make is that this whole role playing issue is the primary reason behind my multiplayer design and architecture. If it wasn't worth it, I wouldn't do it. Period. So, if you want to be a part of something or to be a recognized character, not some sniveling idiot, join a fleet, follow orders and see how far it takes you. If you don't want to follow orders, then, we already have specific rules governing the naming of non-structured castes such as Raider, Assassin, Hacker, Trader etc.

In fact, now that I think about it, I need fleet leaders to dig up those rules, put them in a single document and send to me. I will clean it up and post it on the site, so that all can see. It would be easier to read a page dedicated to explaining how to join a fleet, caste, which are available etc, than to have to search the boards for the rules. In fact, you can also now be any alien type you want to be. It is up to the fleet leader to decide whether to accept aliens. For eg, if someone wants to be a Gammulan and asks Rattler to join as a Gammulan Insurgent, thats up to him to decide. He'd be a fool to accept a Gammulan in the ranks, but then again, maybe the Gammulan is a defector. Thats his problem, not mine.

And of course, am still waiting for the final document with the ranks structure.

That is all.

Effective Immediately Commander Michael Kristophers has assumed the duties and responsibilities of Insurgent Recruiting Officer. I expect him to do well with his added "hat" and, while performing that duty, I expect full cooperation from every Insurgent in that capacity. Remember, if he does well, the Insurgency does well. New Recruits only make us stronger. wink.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

I'm more than happy with the guys that have been assigned to me.

I'm also delighted with the Rock I'm on :-)

------------------

Jon "Jester" Ballinger

Official BC3K Tester

ICV Essenson

Author, The Calm Before The Storm: http://jabsystems.co.uk/future/calmb4storm/

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Rattler-Things are shaping up very well. I have been paying close attention to the assignment roster, most impressive smile.gif">...<P>FYI-Do you here the bagpipes in the distance?

There seems to the smell of gun powder in the air.

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

GALCOM

Prime Fleet

ICQ#48334198

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

Heh, Thanks Max! Only problem I can see with gun powder and bagpipes is that you guys forget that you are supposed to THROW the Gun Powder and BLOW the Bagpipes! smile.gif

In keeping with this current re-order of the insurgency, I'm appointing Commander Den Dee of the ICV KPY3EHIIITEPH as StarBase Commander of Sanctuary Storage Facility, effective immediately upon Commander Chavik's Vacating his locker! Chavik, get moving!

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Insurgents,

In keeping with the context of this thread, I take great pleasure in announcing that Commander Shohashi has been selected by Cmdr Akira as his new CSO on New Frontier. Cmdr Shohashi has accepted this prestegious position and is making preparations for getting underway. God Speed, Shohashi! You've earned it!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Hey is there any assignment available anywhere on any starstation for this Cmdr? I promise I won't let you down! (says to future Commander)

I like working on the frontier. But I guess it would be more prudent a posting nearer Earth?

------------------

Commander Cruis.In

Spectre Fleet

ICV Defiance

"Dare to be defiant"

This is Cmdr. Adam Thomas formally requesting a duty assignment. I will of course go where I am sent, but if possible I would like to request an assignment on New America. If this is asking too much as a newbie, please feel free to assign me anywhere I am needed.

------------------

Commander A.R. Thomas

ICV-Victorinox

Currently unassigned

"A small mind is easily filled with faith"