Rattler's Corner

Rattler

Ok Insurgents,

I've just put up the Insurgent Command Structure on another thread. I've opened this one up for you to come and "Jaw" on if you like. I'll try to answer any questions that you have here, along with handing out my usual ration to those that deserve it! wink.gif

Use this one for general Insurgent banter, but keep it clean. This one's for the Troops! smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

No problems here, nice and streamlined smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Guest Locke1

Just one question, Chief. For us landlocked starbase staff smile.gif, do we park our BCs and BC crews at the orbiting starstation, or do we make planetfall and stay with our bases. And would we join the fleet with our BCs in case of military action, or would we stay on the planet and provide system defense? I guess my overall question is, how do planet-based naval crews and ships interact with a primarily space-based military force? Other than that question, I'd say your excellently organized command structure covers it all!

------------------

Commander Locke

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, Dakoit Station

ICV At All Costs

Just saw the fleet command structure, and it looks great. I'd just thought I'd mention that my e-mail address is [email protected], right now in the command structure it's [email protected] (don't know whos that is). Oh, and I'm currently listed as Chief Security Officer of Sygan, when last I heard I was CEO of Sygan...if it's a promotion that's great smile.gif But I just wanted to make sure.

------------------

Cmdr. Xavier Knight

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineering Officer, Sygan StarStation

ICV Abaddon

"Nemo me impune lacessit"

Guest aramike01

Time to step up to the podium...

[rp]

Rattler, I'd like to thank you for the promotion to Commanding Officer of Spectre StarStation. I will do you proud.

Now the first order of business:

The following Commanders are hereby assigned to Spectre StarStation:

Cmdr. Antilles, Chief Security Officer

Cmdr. Nightweb, Chief Engineering Officer

Cmdr. Adam Thomas, Position Pending

Cmdr. Chris Blair, Position Pending

The aforementioned persons shall be recieving an email from me shortly, with the exception of Antilles. I'll get with you later on that, Eclipse.

Now, time to list some detail on your jobs, Commanders...

This is what I've come up with thus far:

Antilles, as CSO you are responsible for Spectre's internal security, general tactical combat and patrol operations, acting as Station Commander in my absence, security of Station perimeter from hostiles.

I expect you to do well in these roles.

Nightweb, as CEO, you are responsible for the following: Maintenance and upkeep of all Station equipment and assets, non-combat operations (ie transport convoys), acting as CSO in the absense of Antilles (study up on security protocols, Cmdr.), and all retrieval and repair operations within the vicinity of Spectre StarStation. You'll be working closely with Antilles on that last bit if the object of retrieval can be considered a threat in any way.

My responsibilities are as follows:

Overseeing the execution of the above tasks, all strategic asset deployment and combat operations (those ordered by Cmdr. Chavik or deemed neccessary in the absense of his counsel), and keeping the commanders under me in line. wink.gif

The above are subject to change at any time.

To Antilles and Nightweb: I will allow you two a measure of autonomy in performing your tasks, however, I wish to be kept informed. Finally, when any policy or procedure is altered in more than a minor fashion, seek my approval beforehand.

Thank you, Commanders.

Carry on! smile.gif

[/rp]

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 03-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 03-06-2000).]

Excellent Question Cmdr Locke1. Yes, the BC's of those stationed on Starbases must be left in orbit, or docked at the Starstations above you. You still have full control of those BC's and supporting craft though. Use them wisely. You might need to call in a strike from above should you be over-run by Galcommies! smile.gif It will be a completely different matter when BCM comes out though. I believe that we are supposed to be able to take our Battlecruisers down to the planet's surface in BCM. If this bears fruit, then you can park them down there and keep them close. Your role, and every Starbase Cmdr's role is to support the Starstation above you in the Org. Chart. Yours would just happen to be Sygan at the time. In the release of BCM, you will provide support to Alpha Prime in a Strike Ops scenario. See why you'll need full control of your Battlecruisers? wink.gif

Hope I answered well enough.

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

My Official record shows Xavier, CSO, Sygan Starstation. Cruis.In, CEO, Sygan. I guess you got promoted/job change. Rank is still Cmdr, pay is still lousy, but Cmdr Ramspite can fill you in on what he expects from you both. Email address is a foul-up in the cut and paste. We'll fix it. Thanks for catching it. wink.gif

The rest of you Commanders check your info as well. We're human, we make mistakes. We made the list, you check it, Twice! smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 03-06-2000).]

First off, thanks to Rattler for assigning me with the task of building and outfitting New America... (asteroid mining has already begun)

Secondly, congratulations to Cmdr. Spacephish who was promoted to CSO of New America, and to Cmdr. Powercow who was named CEO of New America.

Also, would everyone please check your email address and other info on the fleet list! Many of the addresses were taken from the BC roster page. (My address has changed 3 times since then so I'm sure some of them are wrong.) Also, if there is any information missing, such as ICQ #'s or ship names/name changes etc... please be sure to post it here. Regular updates will be made to the ICV roster to keep things updated and correct as much as possible.

Thanks

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 03-06-2000).]

I don't think you have any of my info. I don't have a command post/station so all you need is my name and that of my ship.

------------------

Cmdr Chaos

Spectre Fleet

ICV Banshee

"Do it with a smile and a mad gleam in your eye."

*Salute* Yes sir! Looking forward to working along side you sir! *salute*

SOrry for the double post, please delete one for me smile.gif

---

CMDR S.Phish

Spectre Fleet

ICV FlipSide

C.S.O Pre-Com New America

"We do what we do because you made us do what we do"

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 03-06-2000).]

You did a superb job on the organization table, Rattler! With a great military leader like you leading us, it's just a matter of time before GalCom falls! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Trust me on this one Sho, I had a lot of help. I didn't do it on my own. Gummy1 did most of the heavy labor on that document. I did the pretty little picture and a few words of greetings, but Andergum bore the brunt of the load. Thank him most of all! wink.gif

BTW, Gum, If I didn't thank you officially, I'm doing it here for all to see. Thanks Much!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Hey yes, I am the proud CEO of Sygan.

I was station there I guess when I said I wanted to be close to the goings on at Earth. Since Earth is our main objective, and I don't mean as a military target! smile.gif

So Rattler I have a question. Will I be able to go to other sectors and quadrants on missions?

------------------

Commander Cruis.In

Spectre Fleet

CEO of Sygan Star Station

ICV Defiance

"Dare to be defiant"

[This message has been edited by Cruis.In (edited 03-06-2000).]

The answer to that question lies strictly in the hands of your Starstation and Task Force Commanders. They move troops, I just order targets destroyed! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Since I do not currently have a Chief Engineering Officer for the StarStation Alpha Prime, I am going to ask a good friend of mine, Hal9000 if he will accept the position.

------------------

"lord"David

Spectre Fleet

Pre-comm., Cmdr. Alpha Prime

ICV Dark Saber

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by LordDavid (edited 03-06-2000).]

Hello, and for those that don't know me, I'm Ramspite. smile.gif My current E-mail address is [email protected] and my ICQ # is 21107136.

[rp]

Insurgent one, in placing me in charge of Sygan, has given me a great deal of trust, a trust I take very seriously. I will not let him or my brother insurgents down. As part of LordDavid's Strike Command we stand ready to meet our enemies where ever we are directed, we shall not fail. I work for day of earthcom's fall and when the word liberty is once again spoken aloud without fear on our true home, Earth.

[/rp]

a little over the top, maybe?

smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Rampspite

Spectre Fleet

Commander, Sygan Starstation

ICV Phantom

[This message has been edited by Ramspite (edited 03-07-2000).]

Has anyone been assigned anything like patrol zones? It seems to me that if we had Insurgent ships assigned to patrol specific quadrants/sectors/systems, that we would always be prepared to defend areas of interest to our cause. I for one would be much more relaxed knowing that if some crazed battle group of Galcommies jumped into Barnard's Star system, we would have more BCs available to defend all of our assets and not just those of us that are gaurding/commanding the station at Sygan.

Has something like this popped up before? I didn't see anything of the like in the forum so I thought I would go ahead and spit it out before I forgot.

------------------

Cmdr Chaos

Spectre Fleet

ICV Banshee

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 03-09-2000).]

Guest aramike01

I believe that it is up to your task force and starstation commanders to assign those zones. But for now, it's probably best to just get the fleet organized and everyone assigned to a station before we start handing out PZs. smile.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

As far as the mission zones go, who knows where they are going to be? Or are they going to be the same as in the current version of BC?

------------------

Cmdr. A.R. Thomas

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV-Victorinox

"A small mind is easily filled with faith"

I suppose it would make sense to just assign commanders to stations. From there, whatever station they get assigned to, it would just be understood that they would patrol the system that the station is located in.

------------------

Cmdr Chaos

Spectre Fleet

ICV Banshee

I'm not forgetting patrol zones guys. Please take the time to read the Insurgent Command Structure page that's at Insurgent One's website. We are Too Few at the moment to have masses of ships lying around at Starstations. In time, we will though!

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Does anyone know why the mission pak enabling you to play as insurgent gives you fleet C&C at the start? Is it to balance out the fact that the insurgent forces are a lot smaller, or that there is no station at which you can get free repairs ?

------------------

Cmdr. A.R. Thomas

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV-Victorinox

"A small mind is easily filled with faith"

Shhhh! Keep your voice down! He'll hear Ya'! The reason could be both of the answers that you quoted though. I like to believe that, if you can get out of Galcommie Space in one piece, You deserve Fleet C&C. JMHOT! I could be wrong! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Spectre Fleet

Spectre StarStation

ICV Necromancer

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 03-15-2000).]

Guest aramike01

The reason you have Fleet C&C is because the GalCom Supreme Commander happens to be aboard your ship in lock-up. wink.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Exactly...I remember reading that somewhere...can't remember where though! frown.gif

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, Pre-Commissioning Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"